BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Beware: Dealer damaging winglets

10-01-2018, 09:35 AM   #45
08mojo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalaudio View Post
Global imports is well know in the Atlanta area of being one of the worst places to buy car, get services and the worst customer service ever!

It's only in business because it's big and there's no other bmw dealer in 30 miles.

I was readying the yep, google +, forums and they have horrible reviews and they seem to to care and keep working like this.

Shady practices from comments from ex employees to not doing the services that people pay for....
I bought my F80 M3 from Global and had a great experience. However, for service, I refuse to take my car to Global. The lot is too small and overcrowded--it just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Sorry to see they broke your winglets and are ducking responsibility. That further confirms that I will not take either of our cars to Global for service. Whether or not I will buy our next car from Global is to be seen...their pricing is pretty damn good.

As for there not being another dealership in 30 miles...there is United BMW in Alpharetta and the other United BMW in Gwinnett--both are around 20 miles away.

I was very pleased with the service department at United BMW Alpharetta. The advisor took the time to walk around my car before and after the service to inspect for any damage. Luckily, none was found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
I am surprised they don't get a bunch of cars keyed the way they do business.
Why is this even a thought that crosses your mind?
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #46
subliminalaudio
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Thanks a lot for your comment, I guess there's a big disconnection between sales and customer service.

People that work on the shops seem very sour and pissed at you every single time I go there.

There's something bigger going that we may not know, but at the end they are damaging the brand and now I won't buy from Bmw anymore.... I'm serious.

This could be the last one
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 10:47 AM   #47
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

I live near Atlanta and never been the Global imports. I've heard a lot about them, both positive & negative. I'm sorry this happened to your car's winglets. Even with that type of lift it seems like they still could have used an adapter or puck, as some all it.

I use United BMW of Gwinnett place for service and have had positive experiences with them.

I bought my M2 at Nally, get it serviced at Gwinnett, and won't buy from Bmw of South Atlanta at this time, which is the closest to me, LOL. All dealerships are hit or miss and it depends on the type of person who's working there at the time. Some are really into BMW's & M cars, and some are just going through the motions of work, and don't care.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #48
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mojo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalaudio View Post
Global imports is well know in the Atlanta area of being one of the worst places to buy car, get services and the worst customer service ever!

It's only in business because it's big and there's no other bmw dealer in 30 miles.

I was readying the yep, google +, forums and they have horrible reviews and they seem to to care and keep working like this.

Shady practices from comments from ex employees to not doing the services that people pay for....
I bought my F80 M3 from Global and had a great experience. However, for service, I refuse to take my car to Global. The lot is too small and overcrowded--it just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Sorry to see they broke your winglets and are ducking responsibility. That further confirms that I will not take either of our cars to Global for service. Whether or not I will buy our next car from Global is to be seen...their pricing is pretty damn good.

As for there not being another dealership in 30 miles...there is United BMW in Alpharetta and the other United BMW in Gwinnett--both are around 20 miles away.

I was very pleased with the service department at United BMW Alpharetta. The advisor took the time to walk around my car before and after the service to inspect for any damage. Luckily, none was found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
I am surprised they don't get a bunch of cars keyed the way they do business.
Why is this even a thought that crosses your mind?
Because they've clearly shown they don't give a RATS ASS.

"Customer satisfaction is worthless - Customer loyalty is priceless"
      10-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #49
GTIGUY1992
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I'm surprised BMW corporate wasn't able to do anything in this situation, is this Global Imports not an authorized BMW dealer? Also, are those winglets OEM?

Seems like the least corporate could do is send you a check for the cost of the winglets on behalf of the dealership, then sort it out with them. This seems like a very lethargic response on corporate's part...
Appreciate 0