BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Running without front plate in Ontario

09-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #45
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
Doesn't bother me at all having the plate on. I added a slightly smoked plate cover and it kinda makes it blend in with the MG.
That cover obstructs clear visibility to the license plate. It's a tickets just like not having a plate at all.

In the city they ticket you all the time for it. I've had 2 tickets and I know 4 others who got ticketed as well.

You can have the ticket dropped if you fight it and show a photo proving you removed it but who has time to keep doing that.
There's different levels of tint for these covers. Mine is not very dark. I even asked a couple officers when I was parked and they said those are totally fine. You'd have to be blind to not be able to read the letters. But yes I've seen ones that are super dark and reading the plate is tough.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0