BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Joe Achilles collecting his new M2C (video)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #23
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
850
Rep
1,531
Posts

Drives: HP4C, M2 LBB MT, 718GT4 maybe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Nice, very nice indeed !
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #24
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
Karlosm2c's Avatar
United Kingdom
227
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
In his order video, that guy at the dealer said the option wasn't available at that time. You can find the video on his channel
What option are you talking about, the AP Racing brakes?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #25
B58
Captain
B58's Avatar
287
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i, 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: May 2018
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (0)

They sold him another customers car in transit
__________________
| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
-
| 2011 BMW 335d |
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 08:15 PM   #26
m7ammed
Captain
m7ammed's Avatar
Saudi Arabia
125
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
In his order video, that guy at the dealer said the option wasn't available at that time. You can find the video on his channel
What option are you talking about, the AP Racing brakes?
The 2NH brake option
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 11:34 PM   #27
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
1469
Rep
1,765
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Joe is about as nice as they come.

I am super happy for him.

Congrats Joe !!
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL4802.00

      12-05-2018, 02:58 AM   #28
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
4802
Rep
7,396
Posts

Drives: HS M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Reminds me of Jimi:

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that fob in your hand
Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that fob in your hand

I'm going down to drive my new old lady
You know, I've bought her standin' around waiting for another man
I'm going down to drive my new old lady
You know, I've bought her standin' around waiting for another man
And that is too cool.

Hey Joe, I've heard you'll drift your woman now.
drift her now, now
I said I've heard you'll drift the old lady now,
You'll spin her with clouds from the ground

Yes I did, I drove her
You know, I caught her sideways messin' the roundabout.
Yes I did, I drove her
You know, I caught my old lady sliding around town
And I'll give her the beans
I'll WOT HER!



Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
Bosozoku631.00

      12-05-2018, 04:05 AM   #29
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
Karlosm2c's Avatar
United Kingdom
227
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
The 2NH brake option
Ah yes, I remember from the video now.
I was given the 2NH option for mine and it was going to be a March delivery either way. I decided to opt out anyway.
Appreciate 1
m7ammed124.50

      12-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #30
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
Karlosm2c's Avatar
United Kingdom
227
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Joe is about as nice as they come.

I am super happy for him.

Congrats Joe !!
Likewise and being from the UK also I want to see him build up his YouTube subscriber base over the coming years. Hopefully he will be on Top Gear one day alongside Chris Harris
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 08:03 AM   #31
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
1469
Rep
1,765
Posts

Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Reminds me of Jimi:

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that fob in your hand
Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that fob in your hand

I'm going down to drive my new old lady
You know, I've bought her standin' around waiting for another man
I'm going down to drive my new old lady
You know, I've bought her standin' around waiting for another man
And that is too cool.

Hey Joe, I've heard you'll drift your woman now.
drift her now, now
I said I've heard you'll drift the old lady now,
You'll spin her with clouds from the ground

Yes I did, I drove her
You know, I caught her sideways messin' the roundabout.
Yes I did, I drove her
You know, I caught my old lady sliding around town
And I'll give her the beans
I'll WOT HER!



Cheers
Robin
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Bosozoku631.00
Robin_NL4802.00

      12-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #32
doughboy
Major General
doughboy's Avatar
United Kingdom
663
Rep
7,642
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
I though the PH logo was/is different, but nevermind, there are several I see. Thanks!

cheers
Robin
PH = Piston Heads website

Orange sticker = Petrol Heads Tours

2 different things
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #33
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
2499
Rep
2,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post
What is Joe Achilles known for
A YouTuber who buys a lot of BMWs..

I don't expect much from these 'influencers' but I love to see different vehicles showcased, as I don't have an opportunity to try them out myself, so I live vicariously through their experiences and feedback..

The 'Achilles Heel' of his videos is he doesn't really step on his cars, he babies them.. So it's just about features and his overall daily driving experience.. He ain't no Chris Harris..
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN1469.00

      12-08-2018, 09:52 PM   #34
chris719
Colonel
1674
Rep
2,401
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
A YouTuber who buys a lot of BMWs..

I don't expect much from these 'influencers' but I love to see different vehicles showcased, as I don't have an opportunity to try them out myself, so I live vicariously through their experiences and feedback..

The 'Achilles Heel' of his videos is he doesn't really step on his cars, he babies them.. So it's just about features and his overall daily driving experience.. He ain't no Chris Harris..
No, but he's better than most Youtubers, and certainly a lot better than Parker (VV).
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #35
Junni
Private First Class
Belgium
88
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Better, and those daily driving experiences are as important for DDs I love (almost) every video he publishes and he's a very down to earth guy.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious1661.00

      12-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #36
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
4802
Rep
7,396
Posts

Drives: HS M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Gotta love the new alcantara steering wheel rim!



Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 03:00 AM   #37
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
Karlosm2c's Avatar
United Kingdom
227
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Gotta love the new alcantara steering wheel rim!



Cheers
Robin
I watched this and loved the introduction of Royal Steering Wheels at the end. 200 to get my steering wheel covered in alcantara, with a white / silver strip at the top will save a lot of money. Still, I am really tempted to get the M Performance steering wheel with rev counter #gimmick ??
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 03:04 AM   #38
m7ammed
Captain
m7ammed's Avatar
Saudi Arabia
125
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post
What is Joe Achilles known for
A YouTuber who buys a lot of BMWs..

I don't expect much from these 'influencers' but I love to see different vehicles showcased, as I don't have an opportunity to try them out myself, so I live vicariously through their experiences and feedback..

The 'Achilles Heel' of his videos is he doesn't really step on his cars, he babies them.. So it's just about features and his overall daily driving experience.. He ain't no Chris Harris..
I actually think what his videos bring is something that the street review and track view that everybody else does. I think him talking about it as a daily car and features ...etc is a good thing as it more relatable. That's why I subscribed to his channel. We need both the sides the The Harris and The joe
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 03:15 AM   #39
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
2499
Rep
2,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post
What is Joe Achilles known for
A YouTuber who buys a lot of BMWs..

I don't expect much from these 'influencers' but I love to see different vehicles showcased, as I don't have an opportunity to try them out myself, so I live vicariously through their experiences and feedback..

The 'Achilles Heel' of his videos is he doesn't really step on his cars, he babies them.. So it's just about features and his overall daily driving experience.. He ain't no Chris Harris..
I actually think what his videos bring is something that the street review and track view that everybody else does. I think him talking about it as a daily car and features ...etc is a good thing as it more relatable. That's why I subscribed to his channel. We need both the sides the The Harris and The joe
That's true, the street is really where these cars are going to reside for most, if not all of their lives, so that perspective is important..

If you want daily driver's break down for a vehicle and all some highlight of its nuances, I suggest you also follow Doug DeMuro's pages..

He didn't get the M2C yet to but it's one review I'm actually looking forward to..

Appreciate 1
m7ammed124.50

      12-11-2018, 05:10 AM   #40
robmx
Private
33
Rep
73
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Like the spec of the car, but one thing I'm not 100% on is the 'debadging' of the rear of the car when there are still M2 badges on the side and front. I'd either want all of the badges or none of them at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 05:59 AM   #41
frosty2k
Private
Canada
47
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Gotta love the new alcantara steering wheel rim!



Cheers
Robin
I watched this and loved the introduction of Royal Steering Wheels at the end. £200 to get my steering wheel covered in alcantara, with a white / silver strip at the top will save a lot of money. Still, I am really tempted to get the M Performance steering wheel with rev counter #gimmick ??
One upshot is if they wrap an original wheel, it's likely that it maintains the heating capability. Going with an M Perfomance wheel disables the steering wheel heat.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 06:24 AM   #42
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
Karlosm2c's Avatar
United Kingdom
227
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty2k View Post
One upshot is if they wrap an original wheel, it's likely that it maintains the heating capability. Going with an M Perfomance wheel disables the steering wheel heat.
That's a good point. Still, I opted out of the heated steering wheel. Heated seats - yes, heated steering wheel - no for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #43
m7ammed
Captain
m7ammed's Avatar
Saudi Arabia
125
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty2k View Post
One upshot is if they wrap an original wheel, it's likely that it maintains the heating capability. Going with an M Perfomance wheel disables the steering wheel heat.
That's a good point. Still, I opted out of the heated steering wheel. Heated seats - yes, heated steering wheel - no for me.
We don't need anything heat in Saudi, if there was a cooling option though that would be a best seller lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #44
frosty2k
Private
Canada
47
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2 Competition
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty2k View Post
One upshot is if they wrap an original wheel, it's likely that it maintains the heating capability. Going with an M Perfomance wheel disables the steering wheel heat.
That's a good point. Still, I opted out of the heated steering wheel. Heated seats - yes, heated steering wheel - no for me.
We don't need anything heat in Saudi, if there was a cooling option though that would be a best seller lol
In Canada, losing the heated steering wheel for the fuzzy feel is a tough trade off. Fuzzy and warm sounds like something I'll have to look into when I get mine.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST