BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Amazing Brake Coding Fix/Review - daap1193

06-11-2022, 12:02 PM   #23
lzhmax
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by daap1193 View Post
I tried to contact you but looks like your account doesn't let me send you PM
I'll have to wait another 6 days to unlock PM
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 12:03 PM   #24
lzhmax
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
He only has 3 posts, he needs to post more (I think 10 posts) to enable pm'ing.
and here's my 10th post lol
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 08:48 AM   #25
TUNEDM3
Stay Ripping
Rep
Drives: 1M

I recently contacted Daap1193 (David) to have my brakes coded on my 2020 M2C. David was nothing short of fantastic to work with. He is very responsive and informative. He coded my brakes and did gts steering and diff. The brakes were a huge improvement from stock. Pedal feel is consistent and you can threshold brake without going into abs now. Gone is the varying pedal pressures on track.

I also tried gts steering and diff, which I liked, but I think I preferred the stock CS. David had no problem switching it back.

Excellent results and a great guy to deal with!
aatlas192.00
      08-07-2022, 10:02 AM   #26
daap1193
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C sunset orange

People scamming with my development be aware

Recently my inbox was getting full of messages from people asking me to share the exact coding parameters from my development, I politely reply to all of them, telling that the coding parameters reamain confidential and that I wont reveal them even for a payment, sadly they started to reply a lot of bad things and now I need to clear my inbox daily. Lately I found out that some coding companies now offer my development, Please be aware, the coding parameters of my development still remain confidential and unfortunately people is starting to reach out to me telling that they coded their brakes with some ig guy and donīt feel any improvement at all. When I remote and check everything I found out that they are turning off brake standby and offer that as complete abs remap or even tell that Iīm working with them, also they tried to contact some previous customers and offer money to let them connect and check what parameters I have code on their cars.

Hope no more people gets scammed from this people.
Appreciate 5
      08-07-2022, 03:27 PM   #27
Track/S
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C, M4 GTS

Quote:
Recently my inbox was getting full of messages from people asking me to share the exact coding parameters from my development, I politely reply to all of them, telling that the coding parameters reamain confidential and that I wont reveal them even for a payment, sadly they started to reply a lot of bad things and now I need to clear my inbox daily. Lately I found out that some coding companies now offer my development, Please be aware, the coding parameters of my development still remain confidential and unfortunately people is starting to reach out to me telling that they coded their brakes with some ig guy and donīt feel any improvement at all. When I remote and check everything I found out that they are turning off brake standby and offer that as complete abs remap or even tell that Iīm working with them, also they tried to contact some previous customers and offer money to let them connect and check what parameters I have code on their cars.

Hope no more people gets scammed from this people.
You call development to activate and deactivate functions? I understand that you want to make money with coding, but you shouldn't call development something that has nothing to do with development.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 08:36 AM   #28
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodrive_X View Post
You call development to activate and deactivate functions? I understand that you want to make money with coding, but you shouldn't call development something that has nothing to do with development.
He calls development the experimentation that led to a set of parameters being selected for coding. That was his time and his knowledge, I don’t see anything wrong with his approach. (And I’m not even a customer).

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 4
daap1193172.00
x233284.00
-Eidos491.00
      08-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #29
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Trust that daap1193 (David) knows what he's doing and his efforts are well worth it. Very thankful to have him do all the development for this...you can be a Chef or a Cook and David is the Chef.
daap1193172.00
      08-08-2022, 01:09 PM   #30
Track/S
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
He calls development the experimentation that led to a set of parameters being selected for coding. That was his time and his knowledge, I don’t see anything wrong with his approach. (And I’m not even a customer).
About what experimentation you talk? Experiment and development are 2 different things.
In the german forum they already published the necessary encoding a year before the publication of this post.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 04:38 PM   #31
TUNEDM3
Stay Ripping
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
About what experimentation you talk? Experiment and development are 2 different things.
In the german forum they already published the necessary encoding a year before the publication of this post.
Whats the difference? David offers a service at a reasonable price to help members of the community. Whats the point of bashing him?
I am very happy with the changes he made to my brakes and he is a solid guy to deal with as well.
      08-08-2022, 07:55 PM   #32
daap1193
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C sunset orange

Quote:
There is a lot more than what they talk about on the forums, some people code Mperfomance brakes and call it a complete ABS remap or just turn off brake standby and think thats all they need to improve their brakes, at this time if I search each one of the parameters I code more than half still unmentioned on any forum on any language, thats why a lot of people still contact me after they have coded on their cars all they have found online, and main reason coding companies still trying to get info from me to this day.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 12:39 AM   #33
Track/S
Major
Rep

Quote:
There is a lot more than what they talk about on the forums, some people code Mperfomance brakes and call it a complete ABS remap or just turn off brake standby and think thats all they need to improve their brakes, at this time if I search each one of the parameters I code more than half still unmentioned on any forum on any language, thats why a lot of people still contact me after they have coded on their cars all they have found online, and main reason coding companies still trying to get info from me to this day.
The day I noticed my strange brakes I started looking for where was the problem, I came across the German forum where they explained the options that had to be deactivated, I deactivated and my brakes worked normally again, since then I am happy, I do not see the need to touch anything plus, if you managed to code something else then I'm glad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNEDM3 View Post
Whats the difference? David offers a service at a reasonable price to help members of the community. Whats the point of bashing him?
I am very happy with the changes he made to my brakes and he is a solid guy to deal with as well.
I have not said that his services are expensive... I'm not even trying of bashing him , I have nothing against him, I simply told him not to call development on and off, it is great that you are happy with his work.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 11:22 AM   #34
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Just had the brake fluid service done by BMW. The pedal feels significantly different - in a good way. So, a firmer pedal than before, that's less grabby/overboosted than I can recall since driving it out of the dealership and causing the ABS to kick in at the first junction when I first collected it. Anyone know of any TSBs relating to same?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 10:42 PM   #35
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Just had the brake fluid service done by BMW. The pedal feels significantly different - in a good way. So, a firmer pedal than before, that's less grabby/overboosted than I can recall since driving it out of the dealership and causing the ABS to kick in at the first junction when I first collected it. Anyone know of any TSBs relating to same?
Not that I know of. My car is a June 2021 build and my brakes are incredibly grabby still.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 03:17 AM   #36
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Not that I know of. My car is a June 2021 build and my brakes are incredibly grabby still.
Did they update your car's software whilst it was there?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #37
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
That's what I was wondering?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #38
Track/S
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
More likely a bleed or fluid problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 07:46 PM   #39
ZL9M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 ZL9-'20 M2CS-'68 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Trust that daap1193 (David) knows what he's doing and his efforts are well worth it. Very thankful to have him do all the development for this...you can be a Chef or a Cook and David is the Chef.
David did my 2017 M2 and the experience and results were top level. He even patiently worked through a balky laptop with me. Highly recommended.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 03:26 PM   #40
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post

The function for the brake preloading as soon as you rapidly lift off the accelerator and responsible for the irratic braking is: C_Ffunktion_Bremsbereitschaft_aktiv_I

Deactivating this via esys should pretty much eliminate this issue. There are other things you can modify as well which is discussed in this thread.
Do you happen to know under which module I can find this option? I wasn't able to find it the last time I had esys connected to my m2. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 05:05 PM   #41
Track/S
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpiston View Post
Do you happen to know under which module I can find this option? I wasn't able to find it the last time I had esys connected to my m2. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 10:48 AM   #42
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition 6MT

Quote:
thank you so much! Found it and coded it.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 11:22 AM   #43
Track/S
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpiston View Post
thank you so much! Found it and coded it.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 06:39 PM   #44
ndyvidual
This hobby is expensive!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 981 S, BMW F87 M2C

daap1193 Thanks for some very post sale support with my setup Still enjoying the added stability while heavy in the braking zone.
Appreciate 1
daap1193172.00