BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Airbag Recall Updates

05-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #89
StarHunter
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY20 M2C DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyzor View Post
Really hoping that there isn't an additional hold at VPC. Mine already sat in QC for two weeks... what would they have been doing during that time if not fixing it?
Hope your car won't be affected by the recall but it still doesn't make sense to me that BMW does not release any Remedy for the recall...You would think if they figured out things at their plant then they would know what to do with the cars in the field...I still feels like BMW has no clue on root cause...or they are still not 100% certain thus the lack of response.
      05-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #90
JL1002
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shemeld_135 View Post
I agree really inefficient to stop production. We still may see them stopped at the vdc port.. I hope not but only time will tell. Good news is at least we have movement
Exactly. And hopefully by then there is a solution available and it's a quick remedy. I get the feeling that the online tracker is borderline useless... Only good for giving us all anxiety!
Really hoping that there isn't an additional hold at VPC. Mine already sat in QC for two weeks... what would they have been doing during that time if not fixing it?
I don't think it was actually in QC for that long, mine was showing QC for exactly two weeks as well. I saw someone post that their car was listed as something like final assembly till the day they took delivery.

I've lost all faith in the online tracker (... but I'll keep checking it every 30 minutes)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #91
Autostrada66
Rep

Quote:
Of course the cars at the VPC are affected. I know that for a fact. What makes anyone think they wouldn't be? All of the recalled models are affected no matter where the car is physically located. People here seem to pretend to know more than folks at BMW. They are working with the suppliers to get the new parts. Who the heck knows how long that might take. Checking the tracker is useless and just makes the wait seem even longer. I would just wait for the dealer to call and keep busy with something else.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #92
Greyzor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c (Ordered)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2c  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autostrada66 View Post
Quote:
Of course the cars at the VPC are affected. I know that for a fact. What makes anyone think they wouldn't be? All of the recalled models are affected no matter where the car is physically located. People here seem to pretend to know more than folks at BMW. They are working with the suppliers to get the new parts. Who the heck knows how long that might take. Checking the tracker is useless and just makes the wait seem even longer. I would just wait for the dealer to call and keep busy with something else.
This is like trying to cure a drug addict by telling them "drugs are pointless. do something worthwhile." Haha
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #93
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree really inefficient to stop production. We still may see them stopped at the vdc port.. I hope not but only time will tell. Good news is at least we have movement
Exactly. And hopefully by then there is a solution available and it's a quick remedy. I get the feeling that the online tracker is borderline useless... Only good for giving us all anxiety!
Mine is currently being held at the VPC specifically for this issue and this issue alone. My car was supposed to be at the dealership on Wednesday, otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #94
2011M3V8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mine is currently being held at the VPC specifically for this issue and this issue alone. My car was supposed to be at the dealership on Wednesday, otherwise.
Bmw special sales just called me and confirmed my airbag recall is now fixed and my car is released.

Just wanted to let the folks know.

My car was an EU redelivery. It's been sitting at the VPC since 02MAY.

Hoping to take delivery at PCD next week
? hockenheim_m2
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #95
Greyzor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c (Ordered)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2c  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not saying that getting stuck at VPC for this reason is not possible/likely.

I'm saying that my car is now just showing completed after about a month in production and that it's awaiting shipping after this issue surfaced. I'm selfishly hoping it wasn't affected or has been fixed and doesn't sit additional time at VPC once it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #96
saikitjK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011M3V8 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bmw special sales just called me and confirmed my airbag recall is now fixed and my car is released.

So they are actually fixing it. No just put on a recall and not doing anything.

Guess the EU delivery is the priority group to fix then the rest....
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #97
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not saying that getting stuck at VPC for this reason is not possible/likely.

I'm saying that my car is now just showing completed after about a month in production and that it's awaiting shipping after this issue surfaced. I'm selfishly hoping it wasn't affected or has been fixed and doesn't sit additional time at VPC once it arrives.
No worries my man, I just replied to your post but meant it as a response in general to all of the folks talking about the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #98
2011M3V8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikitjK View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was told EU re Delivery was top priority.

Keep in mind I bought the car in DEC and took delivery early March.

I feel for the rest of the people in this thread, but keep in mind It's been a while for me!
? hockenheim_m2
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #99
StarHunter
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I feel for the rest of the people in this thread, but keep in mind It's been a while for me!
Finally saw hope 😂 at least BMW has identified the problem and resolution so it is just a matter of time on logistics side to get parts to all the affected vehicles
      05-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #100
saikitjK
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHunter View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Finally saw hope 😂 at least BMW has identified the problem and resolution so it is just a matter of time on logistics side to get parts to all the affected vehicles
And the availability of the parts...?
I saw a post on FB saying heard from BMWNA that letters go out in July and July - Aug is a good estimate for parts 😒
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #101
saikitjK
Private First Class
Rep

Just heard from my CA.

"Parts will start arriving May 27th! Sold cars come first so late this month early June it will be ready."
Appreciate 2
mhanism277.00
      05-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #102
mshea397
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 (sold), 2020 M2C

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
I spent a couple weeks searching for a M2 in the Minneapolis areas. Finally found one out of state. I funded the deal this morning and got a call from the dealer an hour or so later that it was subject to the stop sale. Bummed. Not sure I'm going to wait a month.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #103
phantom7835
Professional Nostalgist
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata

Quote:
Just heard from my CA.

"Parts will start arriving May 27th! Sold cars come first so late this month early June it will be ready."
Boy I sure hope you're right. I was told July again today by BMWNA. I did get pictures though, looks good sitting there 1000 miles away waiting for me to arrive
Attached Images

2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #104
Paddy-O
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
Boy I sure hope you're right. I was told July again today by BMWNA. I did get pictures though, looks good sitting there 1000 miles away waiting for me to arrive
No kidding. We only have like four months of good driving weather here, so the difference between getting it in June or July is huge. I think the July estimate comes from the recall announcement that went out to dealers. It said that recall notices to owners of affected vehicles (i.e. those already sold and off the lot) would go out in July. At least I really hope that's the case.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #105
StarHunter
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy-O View Post
Quote:
No kidding. We only have like four months of good driving weather here, so the difference between getting it in June or July is huge. I think the July estimate comes from the recall announcement that went out to dealers. It said that recall notices to owners of affected vehicles (i.e. those already sold and off the lot) would go out in July. At least I really hope that's the case.
My GSM told me that they'll get parts next week who knows lol. Let's all hope for the best!
      05-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #106
shadow135i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I can confirm the timeline being next week for cars already sold. My SA just told me that my car should get parts installed on the 15th and then ship to the dealer from Galveston, TX the next day. Time will tell but that's the latest.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #107
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I feel for you guys! So glad I got my Chicago delivery 3 weeks ago. I am at 930 miles and have my 1200 scheduled this Monday, after a little trip this weekend.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #108
WC24
Rep

Glad some of you guys are getting a response about an estimated time for parts. My car is still on the lot and my SA hasn't heard anything about a fix yet..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #109
phantom7835
Professional Nostalgist
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
Quote:
I feel for you guys! So glad I got my Chicago delivery 3 weeks ago. I am at 930 miles and have my 1200 scheduled this Monday, after a little trip this weekend.
Where ya at in Chicago? Myself and another couple of members were talking about meeting up for some photos later this summer once all this nonsense has blown over and we have our cars
2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #110
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Where ya at in Chicago? Myself and another couple of members were talking about meeting up for some photos later this summer once all this nonsense has blown over and we have our cars
Western Suburbs, Naperville area. I'd be in for a meet-up.
Appreciate 0