BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Error 110001

02-28-2022, 09:46 AM   #1
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Error 110001

I was on track Saturday, and was running with about 15 miles of gas left, and while on the straight the car suddenly stopped power and I got a drivetrain malfunction. Car was sputtering after as it was running on 5 cylinders.
Got out of the track, turned the car off and then back on, and it was back to normal. Went immediately to fill up gas after that, and all was back to normal and finished my day normally.

My car is running M4 GTS map, so it was running more power than stock.

But all was good in the end and cleared the code. Has anyone gotten this error before?
Appreciate 1
6speed_M23633.50
      03-01-2022, 03:10 AM   #2
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano View Post
I was on track Saturday, and was running with about 15 miles of gas left, and while on the straight the car suddenly stopped power and I got a drivetrain malfunction. Car was sputtering after as it was running on 5 cylinders.
Got out of the track, turned the car off and then back on, and it was back to normal. Went immediately to fill up gas after that, and all was back to normal and finished my day normally.

My car is running M4 GTS map, so it was running more power than stock.

But all was good in the end and cleared the code. Has anyone gotten this error before?
I know a guy who had this exact same issue happen to him. No problem after or since (about 6 months ago). Never found out what the cause was! Completely stock though.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 03:16 AM   #3
6speed_M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Garage List
I have no clue what the code is, but I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, you should NEVER push the car at WOT with such little fuel inside.

They say with a 1/4 tank you should fill it up and anything less you should never floor it at WOT.

For me that saying goes once I hit the 30 mile mark (2.5 gallons left) but either way, once I'm at a 1/4 tank I don't push it & I get to the gas station ASAP.

I'm not sure what exactly happened but I know when there's that little fuel left the injectors can suck in air (I think) and cause the car to sputter or something like this will happen.
Appreciate 1
jdubm2c169.00
      03-01-2022, 03:20 AM   #4
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post
I have no clue what the code is, but I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, you should NEVER push the car at WOT with such little fuel inside.

They say with a 1/4 tank you should fill it up and anything less you should never floor it at WOT.

For me that saying goes once I hit the 30 mile mark (2.5 gallons left) but either way, once I'm at a 1/4 tank I don't push it & I get to the gas station ASAP.

I'm not sure what exactly happened but I know when there's that little fuel left the injectors can suck in air (I think) and cause the car to sputter or something like this will happen.
Indeed. Misfiring can be attributed to poor quality fuel (or potentially a lack of).
Appreciate 1
6speed_M23633.50
      03-03-2022, 01:34 AM   #5
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post

Noted, Will make sure it doesn't get to those levels. All is good since so thankfully all is ok.
Appreciate 1
6speed_M23633.50