BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Does the rear 12v power supply always remain on?

11-08-2020, 10:45 PM   #1
noogaM2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Does the rear 12v power supply always remain on?

Hey guys, i am probably going to hard wire my valvetronic exhaust into the 12v power supply in the trunk of the m2 but my concern is the power never turns off to that and the pump for the valves never really turns off and kills the battery if i forget to close the valves and it sits a bit. Does BMW eventually kill the power to those accessory ports? I know the car was off and it was plugged into there via the male and female connections into the socket and after a few min i went into the trunk cn noticed it was still getting power.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:49 AM   #2
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Why not tap directly into the fuse box in the truck? Same location as where dashcam owners are wiring to ie: accessories which provides a switched 12v