BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Official M2 / M2 Competition Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

08-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #221
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
If you're willing to do PCD or have shipped, my CA may be able to do better. She had 5 allocations for M2Cs as of this morning.
Do you know if she has LBB's? I'm seriously considering upgrading from '16 M2 to a M2C if I can keep my payment similar. I live in Utah so Cali isn't too far.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 10:00 PM   #222
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMackAttack View Post
Quote:
If you're willing to do PCD or have shipped, my CA may be able to do better. She had 5 allocations for M2Cs as of this morning.
Do you know if she has LBB's? I'm seriously considering upgrading from '16 M2 to a M2C if I can keep my payment similar. I live in Utah so Cali isn't too far.
You can order whatever color and options you'd like. Performance Center Delivery is only offered in South Carolina.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 12:24 AM   #223
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Nice discount! Where is this?
What a day! I did the paper work to order my car and sent to CA this morning at a local dealer here in Bay Area. A few minutes after I sent it, the Sales Mgr for a dealer in Sacto who I've been playing hard ball all week long called and finally relented and agreed with my offer of 6.7% discount off MSRP + destination. He has the only M2C with my specs within 200 miles. My buddy and I took a 3 hour round trip to pick up the car.

I felt bad for the CA from local dealer about canceling my order. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy the car now instead of waiting for 2-3 mos, and with substantial savings. He was very helpful and gave me the best deal compared to three other dealers. PM me and I'll give you his name, maybe you could still get the allotment he saved for my build order.

Btw, the car is MY 2021, did not even have a pic yet on the dealer's website.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #224
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkonblk View Post
What a day! I did the paper work to order my car and sent to CA this morning at a local dealer here in Bay Area. A few minutes after I sent it, the Sales Mgr for a dealer in Sacto who I've been playing hard ball all week long called and finally relented and agreed with my offer of 6.7% discount off MSRP + destination. He has the only M2C with my specs within 200 miles. My buddy and I took a 3 hour round trip to pick up the car.

I felt bad for the CA from local dealer about canceling my order. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy the car now instead of waiting for 2-3 mos, and with substantial savings. He was very helpful and gave me the best deal compared to three other dealers. PM me and I'll give you his name, maybe you could still get the allotment he saved for my build order.

Quote:
Thanks for the offer. I already got lucky today!
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      08-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #225
brobstreet
Registered
Rep
Drives: prospective bmw owner

Quote:
I will take more info on this.

Also, blkonblk, you are finding discounts in nor cal? That is encouraging.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #226
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

MY2021 financing offers show up on BMW USA now. 1.9% APR confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #227
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:

Hope your new car didn't get too much soot and ash on the drive back :/
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #228
eric_
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford F150

Quote:

I'll take the info as well. I'll pm you once once the forums allows me to
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #229
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobstreet View Post

Yes, I think timing, perseverance and playing your cards right, and luck paid off for me. I was willing to pay cash in full or also willing to finance the least amount acceptable by BMWFS for dealer to get benefit of incentives, therefore the dealers knew I was a serious buyer. I was not in a hurry to purchase and was willing to order and wait. I took someone's advice here before I made an offer and decided on a base price I was willing to work from (which is about 7.8% discount from MSRP+delivery) with 5 local dealers, including one in Sacto that has the exact build specs I want. I ended up buying a car within 4 days with a discount of 6.7% and was able to shave ~ $4400 from MSRP with options of LBB, DCT, ExecPkg, and moon roof (wifey's request). If anyone is interested about my travails, just read on:

I contacted several dealers last Friday 8/14 and scheduled a test drive on Saturday 8/15 with a local dealer. Two dealers insisted on MSRP so I wrote them off my list. I test drove an OS from a dealer with 4 available M2s on the lot. After the drive, I mentioned to the CA that I might consider buying the OS which is my second choice of color after LBB. I was already dead-set on the LBB but I figured there was more wiggle room for additional discount if I decide to buy the OS because he has too much inventory and was motivated to sell and probably willing to increase the discount. He initially offered a 5.5% discount a day later for the OS.

There's only one car available with the specs I want within 100 miles of where I live, and the dealer, whom I will refer to as Spec, happens to be the farthest. I initially offered a 7.8% discount in my e-mail and the CA responded but didn't make a counter-offer. I received a text from the Sales Manager later who took over negotiation from the CA, and I made another offer at 7.0% discount. I quoted 4 M2s' offer of 5.5% and he countered with 4.3%. I figured I've got nothing to lose and offered to meet halfway at 6.7% between my original offer and the best offer from 4 M2s but he just wouldn't budge. He explained that the dealer does not have any inventory due to plants being shut down and it doesn't make sense for him to lose money to make my offer work. So, I told him OK, I'll just do an allotment order closer to home with the best deal I could find. Mind you, he has the car I want but he doesn't know it, and he's quite far and I was willing to wait for an order.

Then a new dealer decided to play along. I cold-called (nice tongue twister there) this local dealer on Wednesday, 8/19 to offer me a better deal. We agreed on a 5.8% discount for an allotment, a little higher than 4 M2s offer for his cars on the lot. It was late in the afternoon and I was getting tired of all the haggling and BS of offers and counter-offers so I decided to order an allotment with new player and informed the other dealers competing for my business about my decision and to respond by COB with their final offers.

The SM from Spec texted with a new offer of 5.1% and I stuck to my guns and countered with my "meet halfway" offer of 6.7%. I also told him I already have an allotment at 5.8% and the only way he can convince me is to take my offer of 6.7%. He responded by saying that my offer was below his invoice and he just can't do it. I told him if he can do 6.7% I'll drive to his dealership tomorrow. I did not want to take Spec's offer of 5.1% not only because he's too far, there also has to be more savings for me to drive there. Like I said earlier, I didn't mind the wait for an order at 5.8%.

The following morning, Thursday 8/20, 4 M2s countered to match new player's allotment of 5.8% for a car build. I told him if that's the best he can do, I will order with new player since he's the first one with the highest offer and I already sent the paperwork and cc# for deposit with new player.

A few minutes later, Spec called and finally relented and decided to take my halfway offer of 6.7% from his prior day's offer of 5.1%. That's a $1k savings! So I decided to go for a ride to Spec due to the significant savings and the car's availability now. The SM said he wants to take me with him next time he buys a car .

I called new player before he could process the allotment and explained to him about my canceling the order. I felt kinda bad but I told him in the beginning that I was waiting for responses from other dealers and if I receive a significant savings offer from any of them that day, I will make a deal with that dealer, and if the savings is minimal I will stick with him.

While on my way to Spec, 4 M2s texted again and made a last ditch effort to get my business by offering me a 6.7%-7.0% discount if I buy one of the 4 M2s on the lot.

This just goes to prove that these guys have so much wiggle room and they just want to get as much money from us. I respect that, that's their job which is to make as much money on any deal, but if you play your cards right and with a little luck, you will still find good deals out there. Good luck!
Appreciate 3
      08-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #230
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobstreet View Post

PM me and i will tell you the dealers and the CA names I dealt with.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #231
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Hope your new car didn't get too much soot and ash on the drive back :/
The car was very nice and clean while inside the showroom. They took it outside to prep and service and the ashes were visible. I put in over a hundred miles already yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 06:30 AM   #232
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Anyone know what deals are available if you finance a M2C through BMWFS? My dealer said there were no incentives to finance.

Also keep in mind I ordered the car back in May, so could he possibly be saying there were no incentives at the month of order?
      08-22-2020, 07:48 AM   #233
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Anyone know what deals are available if you finance a M2C through BMWFS? My dealer said there were no incentives to finance.

Also keep in mind I ordered the car back in May, so could he possibly be saying there were no incentives at the month of order?
I believe it's 1.99% APR for up to 60 months, but no rebates or other incentives. I'm hoping for something in September, which is when I take delivery. My hunch is that, if anything, they might offer the 0.99%, but I doubt that any cash incentives will be offered.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 07:57 AM   #234
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I believe it's 1.99% APR for up to 60 months, but no rebates or other incentives. I'm hoping for something in September, which is when I take delivery. My hunch is that, if anything, they might offer the 0.99%, but I doubt that any cash incentives will be offered.
Thanks for confirming! Surprised there are no cash or rebate incentives. But guess they do things differently with M cars.
      08-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #235
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for confirming! Surprised there are no cash or rebate incentives. But guess they do things differently with M cars.
If you finance and promise to keep the loan in place for a minimum term (I think it's 5 months = 4 payments), then the dealer may have some additional incentive to "throw in" some accessories. Keep in mind that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered, but it might not hurt to ask for winter mats, snow/ice scraper, an umbrella, sunshade, car washes when needed, and/or maybe a detail.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #236
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
If you finance and promise to keep the loan in place for a minimum term (I think it's 5 months = 4 payments), then the dealer may have some additional incentive to "throw in" some accessories. Keep in mind that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered, but it might not hurt to ask for winter mats, snow/ice scraper, an umbrella, sunshade, car washes when needed, and/or maybe a detail.
Yep, I always ask my dealer to through in extra freebies, etc. But even if you finance with the terms you outlined, you're basically paying for those items yourself out of interest. I mean how much is an umbrella or winter mats lol.

On a slightly related topic, it should be customary for dealers to throw in winter mats as it is such a common request by people. I even wonder if dealers usually have this expense factored into the price (eg. part of "doc fees" or whatever else).

Regardless, thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      08-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #237
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, I always ask my dealer to through in extra freebies, etc. But even if you finance with the terms you outlined, you're basically paying for those items yourself out of interest. I mean how much is an umbrella or winter mats lol.

On a slightly related topic, it should be customary for dealers to throw in winter mats as it is such a common request by people. I even wonder if dealers usually have this expense factored into the price (eg. part of "doc fees" or whatever else).

Regardless, thanks for the tip!
I did the math last year on my daughter's X3. Financing $10,000, and paying $2500/mo cost me less than $70 in interest. For that, I got the winter mats, ice scraper, umbrella, and unlimited free car washes. There was also a $3500 rebate associated with BMWFS, but even without the rebate, it made sense.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 05:01 PM   #238
ratherbsleepin45
Rep
Drives: N/A

Are people now getting 2021 and there's no more 2020 left at dealers? If there are, what kind of pricing are people looking at? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #239
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbsleepin45 View Post
Are people now getting 2021 and there's no more 2020 left at dealers? If there are, what kind of pricing are people looking at? Thanks
Best answer is, "it depends." If you're willing to shop out of your area, you'll read that people in this thread have gotten good deals on 2021s that they've ordered. You'll have to factor in shipping or allocating time to drive home from dealer or South Carolina (if doing PCD), but if you're willing to shop outside of your local area, you can find good values and dealers with an allocation for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 09:44 AM   #240
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There are still 2020s on dealers lots and also 2021 that have recently arrived. I bought my car just 6 days ago and I had offers of up to 7% off on 2020 models here in NorCal.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #241
ratherbsleepin45
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
There are still 2020s on dealers lots and also 2021 that have recently arrived. I bought my car just 6 days ago and I had offers of up to 7% off on 2020 models here in NorCal.
Which dealership(s)? I'm also in the Bay. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #242
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Which dealership(s)? I'm also in the Bay. Thanks
If you're considering PCD, my CA has 5 allocations.
Appreciate 0