Thevesh
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
I forgot to mention the car's ride height has been dropped by 25mm all round when it was installed.
Hi Karlos, I would be interested to learn if you simply dropped 25mm, have you measured it, and where? Also have you had your car corner balanced afterwards?
Appreciate 1
Fabb227.50
      03-13-2019, 05:21 AM   #46
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevesh View Post
Hi Karlos, I would be interested to learn if you simply dropped 25mm, have you measured it, and where? Also have you had your car corner balanced afterwards?
Hi Thevesh,

The company who installed them measured an exact 25mm drop on all four corners. I didn't have the car corner balanced afterwards. Before installing the Bilstein's they marked a line with a market through a certain part of the suspension underneath (forgive me, I don't know what the name of the rod and ball joint was called) and they showed me that after installing the Bilstein's the initial line that was marked up was back to the correct point. For memory they explained this was to save having the car corner balanced, but don't quote me on that - my memory isn't the best!
      03-14-2019, 12:32 AM   #47
Thevesh
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep

Garage List
Would you have a photo of the car? My B16s are coming by the end of the month and i am thinking about the amount of the drop to dial in.

I want the car still to be able to go underground garage without scraping and stuff. Do you have issues?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 05:35 AM   #48
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Hi Thevesh,

The company who installed them measured an exact 25mm drop on all four corners. I didn't have the car corner balanced afterwards. Before installing the Bilstein's they marked a line with a market through a certain part of the suspension underneath (forgive me, I don't know what the name of the rod and ball joint was called) and they showed me that after installing the Bilstein's the initial line that was marked up was back to the correct point. For memory they explained this was to save having the car corner balanced, but don't quote me on that - my memory isn't the best!
Karl,

TBH - letting Billy B16's settle for awhile - after install - is probably wise. Spending the time & $$$ to get the car setup too early after install is likely to lead to sub-optimal setup.

Enjoy,

BP
Thevesh30.50
      03-14-2019, 05:46 AM   #49
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Quote:
Hi Thevesh,

Karl,

TBH - letting Billy B16's settle for awhile - after install - is probably wise. Spending the time & $$$ to get the car setup too early after install is likely to lead to sub-optimal setup.

Enjoy,

BP
BP,

Thanks for the advice. I just drove the car to Uxbridge for its PPF and roof wrap. It felt way firmer than the last ride on the stiffest setting so I imagine I'll be dialling it back to a slightly more softer setting for the time being until I track it.

Karl
      03-14-2019, 05:48 AM   #50
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Would you have a photo of the car? My B16s are coming by the end of the month and i am thinking about the amount of the drop to dial in.

I want the car still to be able to go underground garage without scraping and stuff. Do you have issues?
Thevesh,

I've just dropped the car off at the retailers for its PPF, but I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow and will post. Remind me if I forget 👍🏻

I haven't had any clearance issues with the 25mm drop and I don't have a front splitter. I think it looks good at 25mm too.

Karl
      03-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #51
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Thevesh,

Here are some pictures I took earlier of the 25mm drop on my car. Let me know what you think. No clearance issues either on any ramps whatsoever, although the missus did feel sick after riding in the car on the stiffest setting so it looks like I'll have to adjust it to make the settings softer 😂
Attached Images

Kattanah136.00
krm347.00
      03-17-2019, 01:20 AM   #52
Thevesh
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Thevesh,

Here are some pictures I took earlier of the 25mm drop on my car. Let me know what you think. No clearance issues either on any Ramos whatsoever, although the missus did feel sick after riding in the car on the stiffest setting so it looks like I'll have to adjust it to make the settings softer 😂
Thank you, thats exactly what I am going for. Not the slammed "stance" look, but rather lowered sporty.
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #53
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thevesh,

Here are some pictures I took earlier of the 25mm drop on my car. Let me know what you think. No clearance issues either on any Ramos whatsoever, although the missus did feel sick after riding in the car on the stiffest setting so it looks like I'll have to adjust it to make the settings softer 😂
Thank you, thats exactly what I am going for. Not the slammed "stance" look, but rather lowered sporty.
You're welcome.
After changing my brake pads today I put the setting to 5 all round as the hardest setting was really too much for normal roads, especially UK B road, but I expect it will be awesome on track 😎
      05-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #54
SIE_M2
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

Thread resurrection. Does anyone have any long term feedback on the B16’s. Reliability, how they fair over winter?
Appreciate 1
Kattanah136.00
      03-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #55
Zeese
a coffee drinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
I have read excellent review on the Bilstein Club Sport on the M2 by an ex professional racing car driver Keiichi Tsuchiya after he drove one over uneven asphalt during a Touge race. It is more than 2x the price of the PSS10 but may be instead of getting a Carbon hood or boot lid, spend the money on the better suspension instead.
%snip%
Are you able to share the Drift King's review?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #56
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeese View Post
Are you able to share the Drift King's review?

Thanks!
It was from a friend's place while watching the Hot Version (152) video in Japanese. My friend translated for me. I will try to ask him for a 2nd look.

The M2 in the Touge race is from the tuning shop Studie AG.

In the mean time, you can view the car's full setup below (suspension starts from 14:09). Use the auto-translate feature in youtube to decipher.

Appreciate 1
ddnmkun153.50
      08-09-2020, 11:33 PM   #57
Gusman1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

So are the Bilsteins in back order again!??
      08-10-2020, 11:47 AM   #58
boony1968
Private
Rep

Did they ever come off backorder? I ordered a set last Sept. The rears were at my door in two days, fronts back ordered. Had several updates looking 6 to 8 weeks out. Finally send the rears back a went with Ohlins a couple months ago.
      08-17-2020, 02:31 PM   #59
Gusman1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boony1968 View Post
Did they ever come off backorder? I ordered a set last Sept. The rears were at my door in two days, fronts back ordered. Had several updates looking 6 to 8 weeks out. Finally send the rears back a went with Ohlins a couple months ago.
I guess they have been been back ordered since February smh. ETA is beginning of next month. I guess I'll have to look at other options in case the delays go on.
      10-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #60
madwolfa
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

My warranty replacement set just arrived couple weeks ago. I've been waiting since like April. There was literally no stock anywhere in USA.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 04:30 PM   #61
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

That's mental, many outlets here in Europe carry B16 on the shelves for immediate delivery.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got them 2 working days. Maybe order from Europe?

PS: they're great
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #62
Gusman1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
That's mental, many outlets here in Europe carry B16 on the shelves for immediate delivery.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got them working 2 working days. Maybe order from Europe?

Looks great. What height you set them at?
      11-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #63
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and got them working 2 working days. Maybe order from Europe?

Looks great. What height you set them at?
I'm still playing with the heights. Rear is about 15mm lower than stock. Front is too low at the moment, I'm going to increase height to the 15-20mm range.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #64
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Bilstein

Would like to order a set of B16 PSS10 or Clubsport, however after reading all the backorders and lack of stock I don't think its worth it. Any warranty issues could take forever to work out. Will be looking for a more reliable suspension Company. Backorder, after Backorder = Unreliable.
      12-08-2020, 03:22 PM   #65
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Would like to order a set of B16 PSS10 or Clubsport, however after reading all the backorders and lack of stock I don't think its worth it. Any warranty issues could take forever to work out. Will be looking for a more reliable suspension Company. Backorder, after Backorder = Unreliable.
If it helps, Bilstein B16 are bulletproof. I have them on my F30. 150,000 miles and still feel like new.
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50
      12-13-2020, 10:26 PM   #66
Gusman1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Finally got mine installed. I think they are set too low, it's a little bouncy over small bumps in the road. Overall way better than stock suspension and very happy with them. Oh and no more wheel gap.
Attached Images