BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Time to move on? Feedback appreciated.

11-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Hello,

Will keep this short and sweet, I've had an M2 2017 pre facelift since new and driven 55,000km the car is immaculate and it's got a huge list of mods with if I do go ahead and sell I will be willing to part out, some expensive some cheap I am based in central/Eastern Europe and I have my own truck company which is capable of deliveries through some parts of Czech Republic/Germany/Belgium/Holland/U.K.

There is no secret that the 981 GT4 is a dream car and unfortunately I cannot have both, so next year is really ideal for me to sell the car I've said I'd never like to sell and move on or keep the M2 albeit I'm currently 50/50.

The new GT4 while more refined but from what I'm told not as special is out of my price point right now and I do have a preference for the OG just FYI but it's a tough decision for me all in all, I'm aware they both offer different things but just wanted some thoughts from others that maybe I have not thought about.

So if you have time please share your thoughts below,

Thanks

List of mods :

2017 M2
Stage 2 Tune - 605nm 410bhp
Colder Sparkplugs
Wagner Intercooler
ITG Air Filter
Akrapovic Downpipe
M Performance Exhaust
M Performance Carbon Boot Lip
Alpha N Composites GTS Carbon Hood
Edison Composites GP2 Lip
KW V3
HRE R101 LW Satin Bronze
Goodridge brake lines
Endless ME22 pads
Endless Brake fluid
M2C wing mirrors OEM ( Carbon Mirror Caps)
Sport Cup 2 Tires.

Interior:
M2C seats
M Performance steering wheel with yellow 12 clock marker
Yellow IND Start button
Full carbon interior
Car Play.

If anyone's interested - @spiderpigm2 - and yes the colour is slightly controversial however life's too short.

Thanks for your time

Kris.
Appreciate 1
veenut28646.50
      11-21-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Hi krizze, I believe to remember that you had 2 OG M2 cars: one as daily and one as long-term low mileage garage queen.

Don't forget that, as we all go through stages in life, at some point in time you'll definitely need those very practical backseats.

Life with only a 981 GT4 as daily driver is possible, but has its practical impediments. Then you better also have a 'beater' for those trips with 2 or 3 passengers, tougher winter conditions, long distance trips, nasty road bumps and steep parkings requiring sufficient ground clearance, IKEA visits, transporting a set of 4 tires, parking in 'the wrong part of town', etc. (all sorts of stuff that your M2 can handle as daily driver, actually).
      11-22-2020, 03:13 AM   #3
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Hi krizze, I believe to remember that you had 2 OG M2 cars: one as daily and one as long-term low mileage garage queen.

Don't forget that, as we all go through stages in life, at some point in time you'll definitely need those very practical backseats.

Life with only a 981 GT4 as daily driver is possible, but has its practical impediments. Then you better also have a 'beater' for those trips with 2 or 3 passengers, tougher winter conditions, long distance trips, nasty road bumps and steep parkings requiring sufficient ground clearance, IKEA visits, transporting a set of 4 tires, parking in 'the wrong part of town', etc. (all sorts of stuff that your M2 can handle as daily driver, actually).
Hello,

I got a good offer on that one and it was sold so I still run a company car a Skoda VRS Wagon, which does all the daily things I need + will probably upgrade to a 3 series touring too, so that's why it's easier for me to consider this scenario, but thank you for your input!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 03:36 AM   #4
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
I suspect they would be out of my price range but can you give us details (size/offset) on the HRE R101 LW Satin Bronze Wheels?
      11-22-2020, 04:20 AM   #5
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

If there ever was another car that would make me part with my OG it would be the 981 GT4.
So from me - do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 04:36 AM   #6
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
I suspect they would be out of my price range but can you give us details (size/offset) on the HRE R101 LW Satin Bronze Wheels?
No problem here you go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 08:22 AM   #7
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

You only live once...I say take the leap to the GT4. If it doesn't work out the way you hoped, you can always sell and come back to the M2.

If you don't take the opportunity to make a change, you may regret it...

Good luck to you!
Appreciate 1
krizze924.00
      11-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #8
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
You only live once...I say take the leap to the GT4. If it doesn't work out the way you hoped, you can always sell and come back to the M2.

If you don't take the opportunity to make a change, you may regret it...

Good luck to you!
Very very true
Appreciate 0