BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > was this beaten to death?

Closed Thread

01-15-2021, 07:16 PM   #45
iiNNeX
rwd = fun
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4CP

Garage List
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Some 1st world problems right here

Gone: '18 M2 LCI Manual, '02 E46 M3 SMG, '05 E46 M3 Manual
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 07:34 PM   #46
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apppo View Post
wait do you have pictures of your M2C? I ordered one in 2019 and there was no options for brakes in the US. The big steel brakes was silver.

2021 configurator doesn't show any options to change the brakes. theyre still silver.

If you did have Carbon Ceramics on your M2C, your dealership put it on after it was built which you can do: https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/4...C-BRAKE-SYSTEM

You cannot option Carbon Ceramics aka Gold Brakes on the M2 Competition in the US unless somehow the dealership can option things not on the configurator?
Exactly. The only factory options were default blue or a choice of red/silver with the 2NH brake option. No CCBs, but can easily be retrofitted from the M3 part numbers, althought haven't seen anyone do it and not sure of the brake booster that would go with them.

As someone pointed out, this is a troll but still fun to feed the troll sometimes.

Last edited by f80_MG; 01-15-2021 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 3
yaymitch867.50
MDuckie93.00
      01-15-2021, 07:55 PM   #47
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Yo, OP/Troll. Show us the pics of your M2C with gold calipers...
      01-15-2021, 08:00 PM   #48
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
Accounts is almost too old to troll. However we all know there is no factory option for gold / yellow from the factory. I doubt it was even a vpc option.

Just be a reputable shop to paint your red calipers . Probably cost you about 1000k.

Or just offer to trade your reds for silver 2nh. Done. You will only be out the brake bleed and labor to swap .

You can't do anything about the red stitching so GGs on that.
Appreciate 2
MDuckie93.00
yaymitch867.50
      01-15-2021, 08:17 PM   #49
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Accounts is almost too old to troll. However we all know there is no factory option for gold / yellow from the factory. I doubt it was even a vpc option.

Just be a reputable shop to paint your red calipers . Probably cost you about 1000k.

Or just offer to trade your reds for silver 2nh. Done. You will only be out the brake bleed and labor to swap .

You can't do anything about the red stitching so GGs on that.
Sure, I don't doubt the OP has/had a Comp, but I think the rest of the post with all the "issues" and responses when everyone offered a solution, is trolling.
Appreciate 1
arciga181728.50
      01-15-2021, 08:34 PM   #50
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
So I'm shopping around, and stumbled into a local dealer, who has a few options for me

New M3 to be delivered first part of February (manual), at MSRP
Order new M4 manual at MSRP
or pick up M2CS at MSRP (HS/manual/steelies).
Go with option 1 or 2 and put me in touch with your dealer so I can consider option 3 for myself

Seriously, though, if you pass on that M2CS please let me know
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2021, 09:09 PM   #51
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020M2Competition View Post
Quote:
So I'm shopping around, and stumbled into a local dealer, who has a few options for me

Go with option 1 or 2 and put me in touch with your dealer so I can consider option 3 for myself

Seriously, though, if you pass on that M2CS please let me know
A very reasonable conclusion

I genuinely hope if kotik doesn't buy it then you will. It'd be sad to see a M2CS go to 'waste'
      01-15-2021, 09:44 PM   #52
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Let's be kind and not assume the worst about our fellow BimmerPost member.

I hope I speak for all when I humbly suggest we're not here to judge anyone but to share and to learn from the experience and wisdom of the BMW-centric collective this community happens to be (which is what I have come to know and love about you all)

I've lived long enough to admit openly, anything is possible even if improbable.
yaymitch867.50
f80_MG562.50
      01-15-2021, 09:55 PM   #53
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:

I hope I speak for all when I humbly suggest we're not here to judge anyone but to share and to learn from the experience and wisdom of the BMW-centric collective this community happens to be (which is what I have come to know and love about you all)

I've lived long enough to admit openly, anything is possible even if improbable.
I'll drink to that.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2021, 10:19 PM   #54
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:

Appreciate the viewpoint. I probably over stepped a bit.
      01-15-2021, 10:37 PM   #55
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Appreciate the viewpoint. I probably over stepped a bit.
yaymitch , by no means was I criticising you, my friend, when I made my comment.

I think the 'love' we all share for this 'work of art' far exceeds our individual likes it dislikes.

My own OCD-like expectations have seen me return a car because the dealership put their sticker on my rear windshield from the inside which meant the tinting guy put the tint on top of the dealer sticker. Every time I walked toward the car it would have chewed my brain so it went back.

Hence, however differently the six points @kotik raised may resonate with each of us, I do appreciate his need for specificity when it comes to his motoring expectations.

I love and respect everyone here for I consider myself and my greater appreciation of BMW heritage a much richer and more in-depth understanding which I offer to each and every one of you guys.

And for that my esteemed friends, I salute you.
      01-15-2021, 10:40 PM   #56
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Why [...] I hate [...] Why [...] I just don't get why [...] Why [...] WTF [...] why [...] WTF? [...] but why? why? [...] Why [...] I hate [...] why [...] Why not [...] again why??? [...] Why [...] WTF... I was upset about it [...] i don't like [...] why not [...] I'm not even touching [...] Was there someone at BMW that approved this final thing? were they just F it, have Karen in the parts department finish the details? [...] annoying as hell [...] How is it that [...] out ya a** [...] couldn't you give me at least the option to choose [...] that absurd $85k sticker [...] now i have to go home, cry myself to sleep and think if I'll be able to live with that [...] the ducking [...] I'm not taking [...] ducking [...] I think this is a big fail by the bmw... such little and simple things... I'm just curious if it bugs anyone else?
Hello, Sir. I was told that you asked for the manager. Though I am not the manager, I will personally ensure that your complaint will be forwarded to customer service at once, which will duly address it in due course of time if deemed appropriate.

On the basis of your views believed to be expressed - and already our sincere apologies in advance in the event of any possible misunderstanding - we can already advise you as follows: it is in the fullest interest of the eclectic BMW M2 CS that you stay away from her. As a matter of fact, regardless of possible diverging personal views that you may eventually adopt, we all must observe that she deserves respect.

Please note that, as we are truly dedicated to reviewing complaints with the highest standards of client care, it consists of our prima facie point of view, strictly personal, non-binding, in no way ill-spirited and subject to change upon discovery of new material facts, sufficiently pertinent to legitimately justify adjusting our first opinion.

OK, Sir, I hope to have been of any help. Please accept this properly desinfected coin as a sign of our gratitude for having expressed interest in the BMW M2 CS. Once the dreadful COVID-19 pandemic will have come to an end, you can use that coin in the - currently out of order - beverage dispenser located inside our sanitary facility in the basement, for a relaxing cup of exquisite tea, homemade brewed in less than 30 seconds for you upon first request, with the additional possibility to subsequently relieve yourself in the sanitary facility.

I wish you a good day, Sir.

Appreciate 5
f80_MG562.50
F87EVO4031.00
Wah2778.50
cncmastr1579.00
      01-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #57
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Had a good chuckle here. Nice editing
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 11:01 PM   #58
AxM2CS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28 535i >E39 528iT >E39 540i6

OH, Jesus!

We're all different, and I respect and value that, but have to say it simply never mattered for a picosecond whether I had the option of lizard green seatbelts or deviated leather. I give props to a car that knows what it is and utterly minimized the options, to include 4 colors, transmission (hell yeah), brakes, and wheel finish. You know, things that kind of matter to the majority of us. It adds to the marque to take it as it was intended or move on. Did you spec out the showcase work of art in your home for its color palette, perhaps the framing material, use of oil vs. water paint, ...? Very clear the preponderance of folks on here knew what they were buying in the CS and why.

Was more than willing to accept the red stitching sight unseen and honestly didn't even give it any attention after delivery. As for the armrest, I too really thought I would miss it. I make good use of the armrest on my current rower. However, it hasn't been an issue with the M2CS and I've bought into the clean, purposeful cabin design.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2021, 11:29 PM   #59
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxM2CS View Post
OH, Jesus!

We're all different, and I respect and value that, but have to say it simply never mattered for a picosecond whether I had the option of lizard green seatbelts or deviated leather. I give props to a car that knows what it is and utterly minimized the options, to include 4 colors, transmission (hell yeah), brakes, and wheel finish. You know, things that kind of matter to the majority of us. It adds to the marque to take it as it was intended or move on. Did you spec out the showcase work of art in your home for its color palette, perhaps the framing material, use of oil vs. water paint, ...? Very clear the preponderance of folks on here knew what they were buying in the CS and why.

Was more than willing to accept the red stitching sight unseen and honestly didn't even give it any attention after delivery. As for the armrest, I too really thought I would miss it. I make good use of the armrest on my current rower. However, it hasn't been an issue with the M2CS and I've bought into the clean, purposeful cabin design.
I bow to he ^^^ who speaketh the truth

So very true. It's not clear how many, if any, but I sincerely doubt anyone really asked any questions about "AMENITIES" when it came time to sign the dotted line for their M2CS; I know I didn't.

All I wanted in Feb 2018, as I do today, is to get in the car and drive toward the sunset, real fast.

Nevertheless, I still respect everyone's views, especially the Grand Creative Humour that we enjoy from Artemis
Jimjamz4565.00
      01-16-2021, 12:23 AM   #60
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
I have a 2020 Comp that i love (HS/6mt/blue stitching/exec), however, last year I was involved in a fender bender, so the car had to be repaired and painted. This really made my nights sleepless as I was planning to keep the car long term, but no longer can I deal with the fact that it has accident history. So I'm shopping around, and stumbled into a local dealer, who has a few options for me

I looked at the one they have on the show room floor, and I'm just not sure what happened with it...
1. Why red stitching? I hate red... Why couldn't they keep it blue or give an option for blue? Blue is a bmw color... as much as I am considering the CS, I just don't get why they would do this?
2. Why is the M2CS badge chrome? WTF? M2 comp is in black, pretty much everything m nowadays is in black, why is it chrome? WTF? such a small thing, but why? why?
3. Why are the brakes red? I hate red (see above). I loved that my M2C has gold ones, really nice color... blue is nice too, but why red?? Why not have an option for color calipers? It's not like a huge design issue or anything...
4. The weave on the roof is different than the rest of the carbon... again why???
5. Why are there still no thigh bolsters?? WTF... I was upset about it when I was getting my M2C (one of the few things i don't like about it), but why not make it available on the top model? the extending thigh bolsters is like a BMW thing, it goes way back (even my E38 has them). All M cars certainly have them, minus the M2 and now the M2CS!
6. I'm not even touching the elbow rest, we all feel the same about it.

Was there someone at BMW that approved this final thing? were they just F it, have Karen in the parts department finish the details? These are small items, that are annoying as hell, and seems like either an oversight, or just one man's vision of what we would want. How is it that on almost every other BMW you can customize out ya a**, and here you are just stuck.. I get that its limited, but at $85k couldn't you give me at least the option to choose stitching color or not make the badge chrome? It's not like you have to redesign anything, its not creating any more work (take the $500 from that absurd $85k sticker to make somethings optional).

Honestly... if i could have blue stitching, gold calipers, and an elbow rest, id prob be making the purchase, but now i have to go home, cry myself to sleep and think if I'll be able to live with that red inside the car. I can paint the ducking M2CS badge, i can close my eyes on the weave pattern, but I'm not taking on the caliper painting and red ducking interior and an elbow rest...

I think this is a big fail by the bmw... such little and simple things...
I'm just curious if it bugs anyone else?
I love most of the things you don't like about the car

The red stitching looks very cool IMO. The carbon weave roof has been mentioned by every one of my passengers as an amazing checkerboard. The seats are unbelievably good. I've been driving non stop since delivery and haven't noticed the left elbow rest missing at all because the lower seat bolster provides arm support. The chrome badging looks slick and timeless (You can easily change to black after market btw). And the massive red calipers look very good with black wheels. A few people have commented on them already. Also the steering wheel which some reviewers have complained about is perfect for me. My wife has driven it and she has small hands. She's says it's very good. Can't believe she finds it spot on and Joe Achilles whines about it. Had to laugh.

Agree with a few of the other posters - don't get the CS car if you've got doubts. You either love it or don't I suspect. It's not a car for making many compromises with.
Appreciate 2
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-16-2021, 02:25 AM   #61
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post

The red stitching looks very cool IMO. The carbon weave roof has been mentioned by everyone one of my passengers as a checkerboard. The seats are unbelievably good. I've been driving non stop since driver and haven't noticed the left elbow rest missing at all because the lower seat bolster provides arm support. The chrome badging looks slick. You can easily change to black after market btw. And the red calipers look very good with black wheels. A few people have commented on them already. Also the wheel which some reviewers have complained about is perfect for me. My wife has driven it and she has small hands. She's says it's very good. Can't believe she finds it fine and Joe Achilles whines about it. Had to laugh.
Ever so eloquently summed up
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-16-2021, 02:55 AM   #62
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmed Out View Post
You just can't make this stuff up.
the little details speak to me... when I was shopping, before the m2c, I came into the dealership dead set on x3c... but the ability to add those blue stitches made me happy... the subtle yellow/gold calipers made me happy. hockenheim silver was lovely. When I was ordering the m2c, finding a car with blue stitching was hard, and not because there were none, but because they were getting sold before my dealer could arrange for them. They even offered me the same car as mine, but with red stitching for $1k less its all in the details.
M2C had colourless grey brakes or smaller blue brakes. Blue stitching or orange stitching.

It is pretty clear there is a colour perception issue going on here as we've just hit a 50% error rate.

I think you should keep your unique hockenheim gold car with the gold brakes. Or maybe look at a nice Sunset Red M2C. I think it may also come with the gold brakes.
Appreciate 2
MomoM3984.00
      01-16-2021, 03:11 PM   #63
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Doesn’t sound like the cars for you. I’m not a huge fan of the red stitching- reminds me of my civic si but it’s fine. I was hoping the steel brakes were also gold and not red but that’s easy enough to repaint.

Chrome badge is a odd choice but you can replace it with black or look at it as a differential between the comp and cs since this car calls back to bmw heritage before they started blacking out badges on their premium cars

And lastly I think the difference on the roof is one of the coolest things about the car
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2021, 04:19 PM   #64
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I’m not a huge fan of the red stitching- reminds me of my civic
I love it, it reminds me of my last two GT3s. And I don’t want M2C stitching.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #65
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
Doesn't sound like the cars for you. I'm not a huge fan of the red stitching- reminds me of my civic si but it's fine. I was hoping the steel brakes were also gold and not red but that's easy enough to repaint.

Chrome badge is a odd choice but you can replace it with black or look at it as a differential between the comp and cs since this car calls back to bmw heritage before they started blacking out badges on their premium cars

And lastly I think the difference on the roof is one of the coolest things about the car
All M's had chrome badges until recent generations Comp models, which were black. It's not weird for the CS to be a chrome badge as the CSL was, the GTS was, etc.

So why would it be a weird choice
Appreciate 2
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-16-2021, 05:05 PM   #66
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
All M's had chrome badges until recent generations Comp models, which were black. It's not weird for the CS to be a chrome badge as the CSL was, the GTS was, etc.

So why would it be a weird choice
The chrome badging really pops on BSM, looks fantastic.
Appreciate 2
ScullyD5160.50
Closed Thread