BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS delivery - Australia (HS - M-DCT - 2NH - BLK 763M - PSS)

01-15-2021, 04:15 PM   #23
windnsea00
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Beautiful CS! Also very nice driveway and dog you have there.
      01-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #24
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
:

I also notice a white fluffy dog in your other photo, Is it a Samoyed? because I also have a Samoyed
She's a long haired Swiss shepherd and is keeping watch to ward off AMGs.
^^^ those evil AMGs
      01-16-2021, 04:17 AM   #25
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
3 more pics. Two from the top view that shows off the lines of the car's hood and roof. Beautiful from every angle this one, including for seagulls apparently. The new design team at BMW should take note...

And one tucked away inside with her big sister.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Davil6485.50
MomoM3984.00
Hedoniste3820.50
      01-16-2021, 04:45 AM   #26
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
3 more pics. Two from the top view that shows off the lines of the car's hood and roof. Beautiful from every angle this one, including for seagulls apparently. The new design team at BMW should take note...

The garage one is what HS is all about.

Also... Are you in your JimJamz?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4565.00
      01-16-2021, 07:22 AM   #27
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:

The garage one is what HS is all about.

Also... Are you in your JimJamz?
I'm still laughing ... and scared lol

I can just imagine the title of the best-selling spy thriller:

Who the devil is @Davil
Davil6485.50
      01-17-2021, 01:12 AM   #28
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
No side reflectors on Australian cars ??

One more nice surprise. No side reflectors on Australian cars.
Appreciate 2
kyrocks1070.50
      01-17-2021, 02:56 AM   #29
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Of course. The American cars are always stylistically knobbled in some way. The Euro cars of late are audibly knobbled. We are not knobbled. Go us.
Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4565.00
      01-17-2021, 03:20 AM   #30
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I really took it for some good drives today. I've sorted out the settings (including the AC finally) and got the seating and everything else just right.

This is such a beautiful car to drive. It really feels like the F80 done the way it should have been. From what I can gather, clearly the best of the F generation Ms.

Something also quite striking is how much street presence the CS has. Whether parked on the side of the road gathering onlookers or having other performance car drivers tailing you in traffic - it's something to behold.
Appreciate 2
Davil6485.50
Hedoniste3820.50
      01-17-2021, 10:04 PM   #31
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

Quote:
I really took it for some good drives today. I've sorted out the settings (including the AC finally) and got the seating and everything else just right.

This is such a beautiful car to drive. It really feels like the F80 done the way it should have been. From what I can gather, clearly the best of the F generation Ms.

Something also quite striking is how much street presence the CS has. Whether parked on the side of the road gathering onlookers or having other performance car drivers tailing you in traffic - it's something to behold.
Yes, it looks menacing.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:06 PM   #32
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

Quote:
That's the first thing I did - remove the orange reflectors to body colored ones.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
MomoM3984.00
Jimjamz4565.00
Davil6485.50
      01-18-2021, 07:09 AM   #33
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Adjusting to smaller 2 series fuel tank

I have noticed my fuel capacity seemed to be dropping faster than I was used to in my F80. A little research confirmed the M2 has about a 3 gallon (11l) smaller fuel tank. When matched to the M3/4C engine, it means more trips (although less expensive ones) than was needed for the F80. Another interesting lesson.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #34
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
I average about 350kms in my 52L tank before needing to hit up BP, if I'm lucky I can maybe stretch it 380
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2021, 08:30 AM   #35
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have noticed my fuel capacity seemed to be dropping faster than I was used to in my F80. A little research confirmed the M2 has about a 3 gallon (11l) smaller fuel tank. When matched to the M3/4C engine, it means more trips (although less expensive ones) than was needed for the F80. Another interesting lesson.
Part of the weight saving. I guess if they went full capacity, the car could have been heavier than the M2C
      01-18-2021, 02:12 PM   #36
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
I average about 350kms in my 52L tank before needing to hit up BP, if I'm lucky I can maybe stretch it 380
This is good to know. At first I was thinking how could the fuel efficiency have gotten that much worse for the same S55 engine. I'm not worried now realizing the tank is 15%-20% smaller than the F80/F82.

Last edited by Jimjamz; 01-18-2021 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 10:27 PM   #37
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I'm picking up the beast in 24 hours from SPD. Looking forward to the finished product after XPEL and Kamikaze ceramic coating. Work in progress images have me counting down the hours.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-19-2021, 10:51 PM   #38
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm picking up the beast in 24 hours from SPD. Looking forward to the finished product after XPEL and Kamikaze ceramic coating. Work in progress images have me counting down the hours.
Every photo you post is spectacular. I'm not sure if it's by chance that the settings are just perfect for you, or is it that the Sun shines out of your .....

.... M2CS!?

01-19-2021, 11:03 PM   #39
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Looks beautiful, SPD did my Black Carrera T, say hi to Mitch for me lol

Think I will not ppf this time round, just wing it with maybe a ceramic coating.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2021, 12:03 AM   #40
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post

Think I will not ppf this time round, just wing it with maybe a ceramic coating.
Your Carerra T would have been a beautiful looking car. Mitch is great and I rate him and team highly. This is my first PPF (only doing front) so I hope it's a good experience.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2021, 12:06 AM   #41
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I can't take any credit for these detailing photos - they were taken on an IPhone by Jarrod at SPD. They're taking 'professional' photos when finished so I'll post them as well.

I think the secret to photo shooting HS is to avoid auto white balancing and too much image compression.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2021, 12:54 AM   #42
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I can't take any credit for these detailing photos - they were taken on an IPhone by Jarrod at SPD. They're taking 'professional' photos when finished so I'll post them as well.

I think the secret to photo shooting HS is to avoid auto white balancing and too much image compression.
So in other words, the Sun does indeed shine out of your .,... M2CS
Jimjamz4565.00
      01-21-2021, 05:23 AM   #43
RednekM2
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2CS, Yaris Rallye

Great shots!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 10:58 PM   #44
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Second Impressions

I've had the car now for a week (though half of that it was away getting wrapped and ceramic'd) and thought I'd share some second impressions for those still waiting on their deliveries.

1. The loss of the centre armrest is greatly exaggerated
- I found I naturally and unconsciously rest my arm on the side bolster of the seat which is raised over the standard seats. My other arm without any intentional thought just naturally rests on the door rest. It's completely comfortable and natural - no feeling of loss with the armrest at all. Well done M, you nailed it.

2. The roof checkerboard is absolutely beautiful and the larger checks make it pop and jump out from even several yards out from the car. The smaller carbon weave in 'conventional' M roofs was never visible unless you walked right up to the car. Again, M, nailed it.

3. Once I had my car ceramic tinted (Kamikaze at 35%), I've had zero heat ingress issues in the car. Today was 105F in Sydney (40C), and the AC was perfectly fine unlike the first day I picked it up where I was worried. The condensation issue I mentioned in my initial impressions has also disappeared (perhaps because I got the rotary vent setting right or the gas in the AC settled after I put some miles into the car). Regardless, no AC issues and my one gripe is now gone. Subject to 4 below, the car is officially as close to perfect for me as is realistically possible now.

4. Exhaust sound. Mmm. When I first heard the OEM exhaust in my 2015 F80 M3 it actually sounded bad (fixed with a MPE Titanium exhaust 6 months later). The S55 and M Sport exhaust in the F87 CS does not sound bad, particularly from the outside where I think it actually sounds good. From the inside however, it only sounds OK, not bad but also not great. I'm going to stick it out for the 1200 mile first service and consider then whether the exhaust sound has 'cured' to something good or whether to get a slip on Akra or MPE (if the MPE is available on the CS in Australia - something I still have to confirm).

5. Steering and Steering Wheel. First let me say the steering wheel is something I love. The Alcantara feels beautiful, and I literally feel like I am times steering the car by the fingertips. Like no other BMW I've driven in 20 years. M, nailed it. This is aided my the small turning circle of the F87. Put simply, a joy to drive.

6. Stance and design of the car - I am actually thinking this is the best looking car BMW has made and certainly up there at the very top with some of their very initial stunning initial long-grilled Z series cars and the E46 M3 CSL. It's just that good. The F87C was already high up, but the front carbon lip spoiler, carbon roof and hood, and rear guerney spoiler brought to the party by the CS take it to the lead IMO.

7. Thoughts on post-delivery mods. I've certainly evolved my view on what mods I want to add to the car now that I've driven it and sat with it a little while. I'm definitely going to get the stainless steel pedals, the gloss carbon steering wheel centre and the gloss carbon M2 side markers. I'm not going to get the carbon side sills, the MP Digital Alcantara wheel or the carbon shifter (I've quickly come to like the brushed steel pearl drop look of the DCT from even the outside of the car).

8. Side wheel arch protectors. I'm going to leave these on. The wheels already protrude out from the arches and I've already noticed a few spatter marks just above the side sills. If these things stop just a few more rocks, debris or mud from hitting the car, they're worth it for me.

Last thing, a picture of the roof from today taken off my phone.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jimjamz; 01-21-2021 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 2
Davil6485.50
Fuji550i389.50