BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Modifications - What have you done to your M2 CS?

12-03-2020, 02:50 PM   #45
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Michelin Track Connect Kit:

I was ready to pull the trigger on the track connect kit. The phone rep happened to have and M2 and do a lot of autocross. He advised that the sensors would be pointless for a street car. Just run the recommended tire pressure for the street. I had planned to pull the trigger regardless, but the lack of reviews on virtually all forums has me thinking that this is $530 better spent on the Auto Solutions SSK. I expected to see a lot of reviews on Rennlist, but there are very few.

Has anyone read any recent info on the track connect sensors? Is anyone currently running them?
      12-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #46
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercs View Post
After much effort and study, and with the help of @MR , my project is finally finished. Living in EU i had to deal with the OPF/GPF .

So i decided to order a Midpipe from Active Autowerke because i didnt want to change the rear muffler because i really love those old school stainless steel original M engraved tips ! the muffler isnt huge , its just so low . Also , i wanted to lower a bit the car and install as well 10mm spacers . I will share some photos of the items and during installation . I have to say i was supriced by the results !

The sound now is amazing , im loving it ! I can feel the car now different , it can finally breathe ! The height and ride also is perfect , its a bit stiffer than before , but i love it !

Many people told me it couldnt be done , cars after June 2020 , have more stricted ECU , and are locked , so i couldnt disable the opf sensors . So i took the "risk" (my prod date was 06/20) and went directly on the ECU , NOT from the OBD2. And the tuners tools could read my ECU , so we disabled the opf sensors and installed the midpipe ! Coming from an OG M2 with mpe exhaust , i dare to say that this now sounds better ! Really, angry raspy sound until redline. Also , for sure , i can hear the exhaust sound even with closed and open windows , before that was a dream :lol

Also , i couldnt notice if there is a "fake" sound at all. It sounds real , mechanical and you understand it ! For anyone searching for a better sound , i highly recommend the midpipe! I was amazed. Just be sure if your ECU is tuneable! I didnt want any performance gains , i needed the tune in order to delete the opf sensors . So im stock , with a proper sound now !

Again , thanks to @MR , without his knowledge i wouldnt risk it .

I will post more photos in a few days. For a video , please add me on instagram @misanobluem2cs since no youtube.

Two questions:

1) Why not AK motion unit but DME tune?

2) Why AA and not Akrapovic link pipe?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #47
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Quote:
After much effort and study, and with the help of @MR , my project is finally finished. Living in EU i had to deal with the OPF/GPF .

So i decided to order a Midpipe from Active Autowerke because i didnt want to change the rear muffler because i really love those old school stainless steel original M engraved tips ! the muffler isnt huge , its just so low . Also , i wanted to lower a bit the car and install as well 10mm spacers . I will share some photos of the items and during installation . I have to say i was supriced by the results !

The sound now is amazing , im loving it ! I can feel the car now different , it can finally breathe ! The height and ride also is perfect , its a bit stiffer than before , but i love it !

Many people told me it couldnt be done , cars after June 2020 , have more stricted ECU , and are locked , so i couldnt disable the opf sensors . So i took the "risk" (my prod date was 06/20) and went directly on the ECU , NOT from the OBD2. And the tuners tools could read my ECU , so we disabled the opf sensors and installed the midpipe ! Coming from an OG M2 with mpe exhaust , i dare to say that this now sounds better ! Really, angry raspy sound until redline. Also , for sure , i can hear the exhaust sound even with closed and open windows , before that was a dream :lol

Also , i couldnt notice if there is a "fake" sound at all. It sounds real , mechanical and you understand it ! For anyone searching for a better sound , i highly recommend the midpipe! I was amazed. Just be sure if your ECU is tuneable! I didnt want any performance gains , i needed the tune in order to delete the opf sensors . So im stock , with a proper sound now !

I will post more photos in a few days. For a video , please add me on instagram @misanobluem2cs since no youtube.

Two questions:

1) Why not AK motion unit but DME tune?

2) Why AA and not Akrapovic link pipe?
Wanted a long term solution , and didnt want to touch any interior piece.
The Akra pipe was a solution , but the akra had a resonator and i wanted a straight pipe .
      12-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #48
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
H&Rs 20mm in front and 30mm in the rear. Its too early at the moment for an aspect ! I will let u know !
Thank you! I am assuming you have the Sport Springs shown here?
Its a bit complicated . Before i ordered those i ve sent an email to H&R . Told them my model and told me the product code 28802-5 . That code normally is for the M2 Comp. also in Manhart website they show this . So i have to figure it out . If they send me wrorg , i should uninstall them and send them back. Will see .
Attached Images

12-03-2020, 03:33 PM   #49
robbys3m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3's

Very cool! Looking forward to more pictures and such of the springs and spacers
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #50
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
H&Rs 20mm in front and 30mm in the rear. Its too early at the moment for an aspect ! I will let u know !
Also , they told me US cars part numbers may differ . This is from their german site -
Attached Images

GimmeanM1448.50
      12-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #51
///M2CS
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Akrapovic exhaust 😎
Attached Images

RideM315.50
M3 boi3211.00
      12-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #52
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Got my first part for the car...it's an exciting one for sure! Adios to the CDV! will try to swap it out while getting the PDI done.
What is this? I'm not familiar at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #53
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:

Did you have to cut the exhaust
      12-03-2020, 05:27 PM   #54
Supadice
Captain
Rep

So far...
Attached Images

6speed_M23481.50
      12-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #55
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
It's a replacement clutch slave cylinder. The one that will come on our cars has a restrictor in it to slow the fluid down and prevent driveline shock if someone were to dump the clutch. This similar part is the same body without that restrictor. In effect the friction point of the clutch will be more consistent without the restrictor. Lots more information here (or search for CDV delete/ Clutch Delay Valve delete):

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1682441

I've done this same modification on my 1M and previous E46 M3; feels much better!
      12-03-2020, 05:29 PM   #56
Supadice
Captain
Rep

Forgot these:
Attached Images

Hedoniste3770.50
speedsnice1169.00
M3 boi3211.00
      12-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #57
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
There is a clutch delay valve built into the m2 slave cylinder. Many folks have expressed opinion that shifting is not easy to modulate because there is a disconnect between clutch movement and engagement. The E90 slave cylinder does not contain the CDV and is an exact part match to the m2 slave cylinder. A common mod on BMWs was to eliminate the CDV for better/easier clutch modulation. There's a thread on it called something along the lines of "easy CDV delete"

This combined with an auto Solutions ssk, and potentially an ultimate clutch pedal, gets the bmw 6mt on a level with the best of them.

Other reviewers are suggesting that there have been some tweaks to the CS 6MT because it feels different than other models. I stopped short of ordering the ssk to see if the stock clutch was good enough for me. I think the na/nb miata 5 speed was one of the best transmissions I've experienced.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3981.00
      12-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #58
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
There is a clutch delay valve built into the m2 slave cylinder. Many folks have expressed opinion that shifting is not easy to modulate because there is a disconnect between clutch movement and engagement. The E90 slave cylinder does not contain the CDV and is an exact part match to the m2 slave cylinder. A common mod on BMWs was to eliminate the CDV for better/easier clutch modulation. There's a thread on it called something along the lines of "easy CDV delete"

This combined with an auto Solutions ssk, and potentially an ultimate clutch pedal, gets the bmw 6mt on a level with the best of them.

Other reviewers are suggesting that there have been some tweaks to the CS 6MT because it feels different than other models. I stopped short of ordering the ssk to see if the stock clutch was good enough for me. I think the na/nb miata 5 speed was one of the best transmissions I've experienced.
Thanks for this. You've jogged my memory on CDV. Have had 4 (soon to be 5) 6MT M3 so far and always thought the clutch was fine (exactly the same). Can't wait to see how the M2 CS 6MT feels compared to all the others considering how much chatter about th improvements. Cheers.
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50
      12-04-2020, 01:36 AM   #59
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I have just spoke with H&R and the confirmed me for the second time that the correct part number is this - 28802-5 !

So if anyone is interested on those , please be sure about the part number since a bit complicated.
Attached Images

GimmeanM1448.50
      12-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #60
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

I'm going with the carbon side gills, and floating center caps, and that's about it for starters. I'd like a different shift knob and e-brake grip, but not sure. I'll also probably do the electronic wheel to preserve the original CS wheel. So actual significant mods:

Carbon gills
Electronic Steering Wheel
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
F87M2CS77.50
      12-05-2020, 11:43 AM   #61
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

my first and last mod
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Supadice1017.50
Hedoniste3770.50
GimmeanM1448.50
ki__409.00
MinionM3492.00
      12-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #62
Supadice
Captain
Rep

On its way
Attached Images

19___M2124.50
Hedoniste3770.50
      12-06-2020, 01:55 AM   #63
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mge92 View Post
Here is the first mods for the M2 CS.

PPF
Modesta

Planned

Exhaust
Carbon grille
Carbon vents
Nicely done

12-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #64
QM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Given that the CS has adaptive shocks, are there any special considerations in choosing the type of lowering springs in terms of stiffness, linear vs. nonlinear, compression amount, etc? Or is it the same effect as on non-adaptive shocks?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #65
robbys3m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3's

^^^^im excited to better understand if there is a HAS kit we can use
Appreciate 1
Hanze4.00
      12-06-2020, 06:26 PM   #66
Acetech
Second Lieutenant