BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > was this beaten to death?

Closed Thread

01-16-2021, 05:15 PM   #67
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmed Out View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
All M's had chrome badges until recent generations Comp models, which were black. It's not weird for the CS to be a chrome badge as the CSL was, the GTS was, etc.

So why would it be a weird choice
The chrome badging really pops on BSM, looks fantastic.
Yeah big reason I got it in BSM. I actually think I'm going to do the IND painted Roundels, so the only chrome is the M2 badges on the front grill and the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 05:49 PM   #68
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

kotik
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1791893

Blue stitching seats - solves the red stitching problem
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:13 PM   #69
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_MG View Post
kotik
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1791893
Blue stitching seats - solves the red stitching problem
Then what about the Fire Red stitching elsewhere (door panels alcantara, e-brake alcantara, rear seats), red 12h marker on the steering wheel, red CS logo on the dashboard, etc. ?

If you want Polar Blue stitching: buy an OG M2 or M2C or use a sharpie.

Many years ago a forum member installed bucket seats in his 1M. White stitching. He used an orange pen to color all stitching orange. Cost: the cheap price of the orange pen. Difficulty level: even a toddler could do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Don't waste money on ordering tailor made orange stitching for the Performance Seats. Forum fellow mikrotom showed us all the smart way, as an easy DIY job requiring ...only 5 EUR in materials:
"I totally refuse to pay hundreds or thousands of EUR just to have proper orange stitching. So I decided to use basic textile pen and color the existing white stitches this way. And voilą - it works like charm! Trying to remove color with hot water or mechanically without success. [...] Orange textile pens. All of them cost 5 EUR (together) and worked the same way. Orange color immediately caught on thread and didn't affect leather around. Of course it is not exactly Kyalami Orange. But in real you barely can spot the difference."
(http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...23&postcount=1)
"I used the Edding orange pen, mainly because it produces slightly more saturated color. But all other pens have good results - only you have to draw it twice."
(http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=57)

ptgltw3777.50
f80_MG563.50
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-16-2021, 07:57 PM   #70
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

OP, it's ironic you called BMW a "Karen" - yet went on to nitpick about their arbitrary design choices..

It reminds of that time I was deciding on purchasing a G6 private jet but then changed my mind because it didn't come in pink.

The only thing distasteful about the CS is it's 85k cost of admission and if one can afford a vehicle at the price level, I'm sure you can find another automobile to satisfy your every need.

Leave what's left of the CS to those that can appreciate its distinctiveness. Win-Win...
Appreciate 3
yaymitch867.50
Davil6523.00
      01-17-2021, 02:00 AM   #71
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
FWIW though, I think the Comp has held it's values pretty well (def much better than the M3/M4).
Really? Can you elaborate? Because I don't think that is correct.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 02:44 AM   #72
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
FWIW though, I think the Comp has held it's values pretty well (def much better than the M3/M4).
Really? Can you elaborate? Because I don't think that is correct.
Do your Googles.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 05:10 AM   #73
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
OP, it's ironic you called BMW a "Karen" - yet went on to nitpick about their arbitrary design choices..

It reminds of that time I was deciding on purchasing a G6 private jet but then changed my mind because it didn't come in pink.

The only thing distasteful about the CS is it's 85k cost of admission and if one can afford a vehicle at the price level, I'm sure you can find another automobile to satisfy your every need.

Leave what's left of the CS to those that can appreciate its distinctiveness. Win-Win...
Quote:

You too? I tried hard but pink didn't speak to me either

lmao
Poochie9104.50
      01-17-2021, 05:21 AM   #74
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Why were you looking into the option of getting a G650. Tired of your daily, pictured below, or do you need a backseat ?

Name:  Eurofighter.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  94.8 KB
F87EVO4031.00
      01-17-2021, 07:58 AM   #75
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Why were you looking into the option of getting a G650. Tired of your daily pictured below or do you need a backseat ?
LOL 😝

Nah, I didn't like the fact that it didn't have any cupholders. It's the little things..

And beside, after crashed my spaceship into the Atlantic Ocean, I was completely turned off form air travel..

*Sorry OP, sarcasm got the best of me; I didn't intended for you to be the butt of our jokes..*
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 05:44 PM   #76
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

So after some thinking, i figured that the only logical way to bypass the ugly red calipers is to get carbon ceramics. I drove around in my m2, and the only areas where ill see the red stiching is part of the dash and the shift boot, so i guess i wont be too annoyed, and if anything can follow the above advice and use a marker to paint them. Ill order the ind black badges too (im still pissed off about it though and i want it known). I can prob find some little pillow for an elbow rest for any long trips.

I found a dealer in florida that has a blue car, gold wheels, manual and ccb and left a deposit on it. Should be trading in this coming week.

Unfortunately, i just found out it doesnt have comfort access wtf... why?

I guess at this point i should change my username to grumpym2cs. I know i sound grumpy about little things, but it just pisses me off about those little things. The real reason that i chose to buy the car is the fact that my m2c is the best driving bmw, and prob the most fun car that ive had.... its not the fastest by any means, but tossing it around is such pure joy. So from all the reviews ive seen, the cs should be a step up from that, so im confident that ill love driving it even more (which is my main requirement in a car), i just wish those little things could have been left for the owners to decide on.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 06:10 PM   #77
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
So after some thinking, i figured that the only logical way to bypass the ugly red calipers is to get carbon ceramics. I drove around in my m2, and the only areas where ill see the red stiching is part of the dash and the shift boot, so i guess i wont be too annoyed, and if anything can follow the above advice and use a marker to paint them. Ill order the ind black badges too (im still pissed off about it though and i want it known). I can prob find some little pillow for an elbow rest for any long trips.

I found a dealer in florida that has a blue car, gold wheels, manual and ccb and left a deposit on it. Should be trading in this coming week.

I guess at this point i should change my username to grumpym2cs. I know i sound grumpy about little things, but it just pisses me off about those little things. The real reason that i chose to buy the car is the fact that my m2c is the best driving bmw, and prob the most fun car that ive had.... its not the fastest by any means, but tossing it around is such pure joy. So from all the reviews ive seen, the cs should be a step up from that, so im confident that ill love driving it even more (which is my main requirement in a car), i just wish those little things could have been left for the owners to decide on.
Lol, I think you have to change your username to that now, no other choice.
Welcome to the M2CS club.
I will agree with you on the comfort access for sure, that is one thing where I do not understand the weight savings. Take away the 2nd zone climate control like Australia but leave the freaking comfort access.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #78
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Quote:

Lol, I think you have to change your username to that now, no other choice.
Welcome to the M2CS club.
I will agree with you on the comfort access for sure, that is one thing where I do not understand the weight savings. Take away the 2nd zone climate control like Australia but leave the freaking comfort access.
I will miss comfort access, HUD, leather dash and doors, and heated wheel. Not a dealbreaker but if they were available I would have spec'ed them.
Appreciate 2
f80_MG563.50
      01-17-2021, 06:34 PM   #79
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
For a quick comparison: see for example here.
      01-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #80
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
For a quick comparison: see for example here.
Damn it tomorrow ill be changing my user name for sure now! No folding rear seats?!!! No center arm rest in the rear either?! What are the rear passengers, animals? Fuck... no elbow rest was bad enough (though my gf pointed out thats its better this way cause its easier to gove bj’s, so ill yield this complaint). No air vents in the rear (i love it on my comp, i can turn it to cool and it gives me some cool air circulation so my back doesnt burn)? No knee pads?!!! Wtf... fuuuuck... this thing better hold its value
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:17 PM   #81
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

I had my M2C calipers painted red! $1500. Hated them blue and I've had numerous complements. Cheap mod if you don't like the factory color.
I'll be making a video, but the armrest deletion is a PLUS. If you drive manual, the armrest is in the way of your elbow! I look forward to finally shifting without having my elbow hit the armrest. Drive a manual Porsche. The armrest is situated about 2" lower, for a reason.
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-17-2021, 08:28 PM   #82
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

I can’t believe you guys keep falling for this clown’s drivel.
Appreciate 4
F87EVO4031.00
Poochie9104.50
      01-17-2021, 08:47 PM   #83
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmed Out View Post
I can't believe you guys keep falling for this clown's drivel.
Entertainment value

f80_MG563.50
F87EVO4031.00
Poochie9104.50
      01-17-2021, 11:24 PM   #84
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
No folding rear seats?!!! No center arm rest in the rear either?! What are the rear passengers, animals? Fuck... no elbow rest was bad enough (though my gf pointed out thats its better this way cause its easier to give bj’s, so ill yield this complaint).
The M2 CS does feature folding seats 60/40. But you cannot spec the (in some markets optional) 40/20/40 foldable rear seats with armrest featuring two cupholders and load-through.

But there is also good news: when you go shopping you don't need to leave your dog or goat inside the M2 CS (unsafe for the animal's health + risk of a mess inside the CS interior). As the BMW M design team shelved the plan to install a roll cage to properly hook up animals in the back of the M2 CS, they developed and integrated a "BMW M2 CS Pet Hook" in both the front and rear bumpers. Step out, hook up your dog or goat (choice: front or back, but beware of a hot exhaust) and you're good to go shopping.

01-18-2021, 12:02 AM   #85
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
But there is also good news: when you go shopping you don't need to leave your dog or goat inside the M2 CS (unsafe for the animal's health + risk of a mess inside the CS interior). As the BMW M design team shelved the plan to install a roll cage to properly hook up animals in the back of the M2 CS, they developed and integrated a "BMW M2 CS Pet Hook" in both the front and rear bumpers. Step out, hook up your dog or goat (choice: front or back, but beware of a hot exhaust) and you're good to go shopping.
Can it be used with cats?
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2021, 01:35 AM   #86
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Can it be used with cats?
The exhaust system features cats. Maybe ask them.
Poochie9104.50
MomoM3984.00
QM287.00
      01-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #87
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
The M2 CS does feature folding seats 60/40. But you cannot spec the (in some markets optional) 40/20/40 foldable rear seats with armrest featuring two cupholders and load-through.

I did not know that IND sold a painted tow hook cover with the slot in it! Thanks for that!
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #88
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Anyone remember this?
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread