BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > HydroSilex Recharge a Game Changer? Will your Last Step Ever Be the Same?

03-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #45
Rick M.
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB 2018 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
for best application I would try to strip the wax, it's not necessary but for best results I would remove the wax
Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #46
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M. View Post
Thanks for the reply.
no problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #47
Stef
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017

Here is my experience with this product. I have applied once last fall, a second time about one month ago, and a third application about ten days after the second application (reason below).

Right after the application, my LBB M2 looks great. The paint is shinier, very slick to the touch. As others have said, almost anything I put on the hood will slide right off of it. Touching it feels great, and it beads nicely, for sure.

BUT, after a week of normal car use, not much sun here in Quebec in June and a few slightly rainy days, the beading is gone??? no more slickiness to the touch, no more objects sliding off the hood by themselves, and the worse part, VERY bad dirt spots left all over the car after the water from the rain has dried

What the heck? I have tried a simple test, ie treating only half the car, and to me the result seems obvious...the effect of this product does not last a single week on my car!

Whys is it so? I follow the (easy) instructions, and the bottle looks real, the pinkish fluid inside looks intact.

I do not want to bash on this product, I just wanted it to work, as advertised.

I will redo half the hood later today and I will post pics right after doing it, then a week later, and I will report back to support my claim.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #48
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I am not 100% convinced on Ceramic coatings other than the bonding properties when done exactly correct. If you’re applying to anything other than paint without wax etc, it won’t last very long.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 11:29 PM   #49
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Here is my experience with this product. I have applied once last fall, a second time about one month ago, and a third application about ten days after the second application (reason below).

Right after the application, my LBB M2 looks great. The paint is shinier, very slick to the touch. As others have said, almost anything I put on the hood will slide right off of it. Touching it feels great, and it beads nicely, for sure.

BUT, after a week of normal car use, not much sun here in Quebec in June and a few slightly rainy days, the beading is gone??? no more slickiness to the touch, no more objects sliding off the hood by themselves, and the worse part, VERY bad dirt spots left all over the car after the water from the rain has dried

What the heck? I have tried a simple test, ie treating only half the car, and to me the result seems obvious...the effect of this product does not last a single week on my car!

Whys is it so? I follow the (easy) instructions, and the bottle looks real, the pinkish fluid inside looks intact.

I do not want to bash on this product, I just wanted it to work, as advertised.

I will redo half the hood later today and I will post pics right after doing it, then a week later, and I will report back to support my claim.
I too recently applied this on my LBB M2 and as you said was very impressed with the initial results. I did, however, also use Hydrosilex "Rewind" beforehand which is supposed to remove any residual waxes, etc.

It's too early to tell as far as longevity is concerned since I park in a garage at work and in a garage at night. I feel that the true test is exposing the car to the elements and seeing how long the coating lasts.

Admittedly after applying and seeing how easy it is to apply I became immediately suspicious as to how long it'll last - it was just too easy and too good to be true...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #50
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOJOE View Post

Admittedly after applying and seeing how easy it is to apply I became immediately suspicious as to how long it'll last - it was just too easy and too good to be true...
This is how I feel. My car is also garaged at work and home, so hard to tell. It's so easy to apply that every 3 months is not a burden, but it would be nice to know how much protection it actually offers. FWIW (probably not much), on the Detailers Domain website, 139 reviewers give it an average of 4.7/5 stars.

DetailersDomain , now that this product has been out for a while, do you have any first-hand experience on the durability of HydroSilex Recharge?
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 04:46 PM   #51
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

This stuff still available at DD? I see it on Amazon by put can’t find here original link goes to a different product.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 08:50 PM   #52
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

sorry we no longer carry the product.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #53
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
This stuff still available at DD? I see it on Amazon by put can’t find here original link goes to a different product.
You're better off using Nanolex SiSplash. Easier and more effective. I've had a great experience with HydroSilex in the beginning. However, the long term results gave the car a grimy and tacky surface.

I have since switch to this. I apply it while the car is wet and just rinse it off . That simple and the car stays protected and shiny for a long time.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...olex-si-splash

Appreciate 1
ROASTM162.50
      03-02-2021, 10:41 AM   #54
ROASTM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
You're better off using Nanolex SiSplash. Easier and more effective. I've had a great experience with HydroSilex in the beginning. However, the long term results gave the car a grimy and tacky surface.

I have since switch to this. I apply it while the car is wet and just rinse it off . That simple and the car stays protected and shiny for a long time.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...olex-si-splash

I'd second this! Very happy with the result of SiSplash on my fully PPF'ed M2C. One of my favorite items in the detailing arsenal.
Appreciate 1
McGary911467.00
      03-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #55
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

Question

thanks guys. I just ordered my SiSplash.

I've never done a wet application before.

Just don't dry the car (I typically rewet as I'm washing so i don't get waterspots), mist it all over the car from the spray bottle (glass and other non-paint ok?) let it sit for a couple of minutes then rinse it off with the hose...and dry as normal?

I like that approach as I won't get the SiSplash on my drying towels.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #56
ROASTM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:

Just don't dry the car (I typically rewet as I'm washing so i don't get waterspots), mist it all over the car from the spray bottle (glass and other non-paint ok?) let it sit for a couple of minutes then rinse it off with the hose...and dry as normal?

Thanks again.
Yes, that's basically what you need to do. However, I wouldn't let sit on the car for even a couple minutes and more like 30 seconds or less if possible. As long as you're not in direct sunlight, it should be OK - but I generally spray ~1/4 of the car with SiSplash when wet post-wash, immediately pressure wash the product off, and repeat for the rest of the car. Should be very easy to blow the car dry after all panels have been sprayed/rinsed with SiSplash - then, depending on how I'm feeling or how much time I have left - I'll apply a little more SiSplash to at least the front clip for a little extra slickness/protection until the next wash - works like a charm.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 07:00 PM   #57
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks again.
no need to wait a few minutes mist on, rinse off immediately, make sure to completely dry the car.
Appreciate 1
McGary911467.00
      04-04-2021, 07:01 PM   #58
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROASTM View Post
Yes, that's basically what you need to do. However, I wouldn't let sit on the car for even a couple minutes and more like 30 seconds or less if possible. As long as you're not in direct sunlight, it should be OK - but I generally spray ~1/4 of the car with SiSplash when wet post-wash, immediately pressure wash the product off, and repeat for the rest of the car. Should be very easy to blow the car dry after all panels have been sprayed/rinsed with SiSplash - then, depending on how I'm feeling or how much time I have left - I'll apply a little more SiSplash to at least the front clip for a little extra slickness/protection until the next wash - works like a charm.
Appreciate 1
ROASTM162.50
      04-26-2021, 06:25 AM   #59
M2forme
Private
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Competition

I have used almost every one of these sprays and it really just boils down to what you are trying to achieve. You will substitute something for another with almost all. Still no magic pill out there! 😎
Appreciate 1
contented193.50