BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Help Upgrade HPFP Stock to Dual

05-04-2020, 04:30 AM   #1
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Help Upgrade HPFP Stock to Dual

Hello

i am aware there is probably a few threads on this i wanted to however do an update one,

so i drive my car only in the spring and summer months when temps reach 37 degrees Celsius,

up to 20 degrees Celsius all is fine, but above it when i am really hammering the car, in 3rd and 4th gear toward the rev limiter i can feel the revs fluctuating, i have been made aware this is the lack of fuel getting into the engine because the fuel pump is weak, so i want to do the HPFP upgrade

Update* i am in fact running stage 2, Intercooler, Air filter, colder Spark Plugs, Custom Tune 410bhp - 605nm.

thanks

Kris

Last edited by krizze; 05-07-2020 at 02:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
Rondavouz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

I would bet what happens to you is that the car gets heat soaked rather than the hpfp giving up.
Are you using any tuning platofrm like bm3 or mhd? I would use them to log and see what it happening.
I would suggest going for a bigger intercooler first of all. And then stage 1 of either bm3 or mhd.

If you want to go down the hpfp road, here is a good thread:
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1685365

Basically you dont want to go dual ,there are so many better / cheaper options out there.
I stand by dorch and his hpfp on my build (527 whp), but the b58tu hpfp gave good bangs for the bucks too.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:55 PM   #3
Mdkcrf250r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Heat soak gets such a bad rap. The only thing heat soaking is the intercooler which on the og M2 isn’t much of an issue considering it’s an air to air fmic.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 02:24 AM   #4
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondavouz View Post
I would bet what happens to you is that the car gets heat soaked rather than the hpfp giving up.
Are you using any tuning platofrm like bm3 or mhd? I would use them to log and see what it happening.
I would suggest going for a bigger intercooler first of all. And then stage 1 of either bm3 or mhd.

Basically you dont want to go dual ,there are so many better / cheaper options out there.
I stand by dorch and his hpfp on my build (527 whp), but the b58tu hpfp gave good bangs for the bucks too.
My mistake, i should have elaborated, i am already at Stage 2, Wagner Evo 1 intercooler, colder spark plugs ITG air filter and i have actually now ordered the Dorch HPFP upgrade so 2-3 weeks it should arrive, sorry for not being more specific, in terms of the Tune i had a custom tune done in the Netherlands 410bhp 605nm which i am happy with, so i get the feeling the HPFP will solve the issue i hope!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 04:45 AM   #5
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondavouz View Post

My mistake, i should have elaborated, i am already at Stage 2, Wagner Evo 1 intercooler, colder spark plugs ITG air filter and i have actually now ordered the Dorch HPFP upgrade so 2-3 weeks it should arrive, sorry for not being more specific, in terms of the Tune i had a custom tune done in the Netherlands 410bhp 605nm which i am happy with, so i get the feeling the HPFP will solve the issue i hope!
Talk to your custom tuner before throwing parts at it. First step of troubleshooting is always to find the source of the problem before throwing solutions at it
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 07:24 AM   #6
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Talk to your custom tuner before throwing parts at it. First step of troubleshooting is always to find the source of the problem before throwing solutions at it
thanks, i have done he recommended this, says it should solve the issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 07:35 AM   #7
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:
Honestly sounds like a bad tuner if he purposefully tuned your car to run like this and stress the HPFP to crash.

Sure an aftermarket HPFP will help but it doesn't make sense for him to tune the car so aggressively
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 08:18 AM   #8
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly sounds like a bad tuner if he purposefully tuned your car to run like this and stress the HPFP to crash.

Sure an aftermarket HPFP will help but it doesn't make sense for him to tune the car so aggressively
I heard only good things about the tuner, my car ran 397bhp stock, and it's pushing 410bhp now he himself said he didn't want to push it too much so will see.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 11:12 AM   #9
Gizmo 335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C BSM, 6MT

Quote:

Cobb does this daily. Even just a stage 2 tune can overwhelm the HPFP.
Appreciate 0