BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

09-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #1079
M.B.
Private
Rep
Drives: Awaiting an M2

Since there's no expert mode, will I be able to turn ASD back on?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #1080
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadagawd View Post
Tried to set side mirror to fold during comfort access and also unfold during unlock. After coding idrive has a message saying front camera disconnected? When I shut off the car and go out to use comfort access lock, the mirrors did fold but alarm came on! After disarming with fob and start the car, everything seems normal. Stopped car, redid the comfort lock and unlock, the mirrors folded in and out as expected. Did I screw anything up you think?
Has the warning msg come back? Have you tried to verify if front camera is working?
      09-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #1081
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Quote:
Tried to set side mirror to fold during comfort access and also unfold during unlock. After coding idrive has a message saying front camera disconnected? When I shut off the car and go out to use comfort access lock, the mirrors did fold but alarm came on! After disarming with fob and start the car, everything seems normal. Stopped car, redid the comfort lock and unlock, the mirrors folded in and out as expected. Did I screw anything up you think?
Has the warning msg come back? Have you tried to verify if front camera is working?
Message did not come back. Not sure how to verify if front camera is working or not?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #1082
geogerf
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 LBB M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
There’s a front camera? Don’t tell me that’s the windshield...!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #1083
F30.M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Ya I got that message when I coded the mirrors on my 2018. Then I coded it again and I didn't see the message on front camera. I think it's still working since the lane departure warning is working as intended.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #1084
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30.M View Post
Quote:
Ya I got that message when I coded the mirrors on my 2018. Then I coded it again and I didn't see the message on front camera. I think it's still working since the lane departure warning is working as intended.
Great. I haven?t lane departure warning to see if it works. Stupid question, how do you test if lane departure warning is working?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #1085
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Great. I haven?t lane departure warning to see if it works. Stupid question, how do you test if lane departure warning is working?
On a highway, cross over a line?
      09-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #1086
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
On a highway, cross over a line?
Tried it but doesn't seem to work. Not sure if I'm doing it right? There are no indications from the dashboard that indicates it's not working. I drove > 40 mph the just started drifting into the left lane but did not get a warning or vibration. Do you think the front camera maybe disabled? If so, how do I get it back?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #1087
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

My dealer experience with a car coded with Bimmercode

First off let me just say this has nothing to do with the fact i used BimmerCode over any other coding method...outcome would be the same regardless.
Brought my car in for its second scheduled maintenance visit. Upon arrival i asked them to look into a couple of minor issues - A battery that sometimes loses its charge and a intermittent tapping noise that i hear coming from what seems to be beneath and behind me (centre-rear) when i go over bumps. Luckily, i was able to rereate the noise with the tech next to me (imagine that!).
I handed over my keys, jumped into my loaner and left...

Several hours later i get a call from the dealer with an update on my issues...
Noise in rear- 'you had a sleeve of golf balls in the trunk' WTF?
Battery - "umm, have you had any coding or tuning done to your car?"
I played dumb and asked why. "Well the tech noticed that when he went to lock your car, the mirrors folded in."....and so it began....

after receiving a lecture about coding and performance mods I fired back saying that no performance mods were made as i know that would likely void my warranty should a problem arise as a result and that all i did was unlock an option that already existed on the vehicle.
I was then told that for them to further diagnose my issues with the tapping noise and the battery (which btw they blamed the coding for the battery issues), the cars obd data etc would have to be sent to bmw hq and as a result, my car would likely be flagged and warranty voided!
I told them that was BS (voiding an entire warranty) and that i was on my way to take my car away.
They gave me 2 options - use my app to return the car to stock, however, that would not guarantee that bmw hq would not find out i once had it coded...or pay $500 to have them return car to stock!!
I said 'neither' and took my car.

before i decided to code my car i researched coding etc extensively here on our forum and i cant begin to guess how many times i saw posts asking the age old question, "will coding void my warranty?"...answer was always NO (unless u bricked your car of course). So perhaps im just an idiot but a really didnt think it was going to be such a big deal bringing the car in with a few convenience mods...should i have 'uncoded' the car ahead of time? apparently that would not have mattered though...should i find another mod/code friendly dealer? From what they tell me, its unavoidable to not get flagged if the cars data needs to be transmitted to hq for any warranty work...
Any advice on this you guys can share?
Appreciate 5
///M²281.00
ried791.50
      09-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #1088
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Tried it but doesn't seem to work. Not sure if I'm doing it right? There are no indications from the dashboard that indicates it's not working. I drove > 40 mph the just started drifting into the left lane but did not get a warning or vibration. Do you think the front camera maybe disabled? If so, how do I get it back?
That should have triggered it.. But if the camera fault was the cause, youd expect to get a warning on that too, that would persist. Can you scan your ecu for fault codes? Not to be captain obvious or anything, but you sure you have it turned on? Ive kept mine off because I dont like the way it notifies.
      09-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #1089
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That should have triggered it.. But if the camera fault was the cause, youd expect to get a warning on that too, that would persist. Can you scan your ecu for fault codes? Not to be captain obvious or anything, but you sure you have it turned on? Ive kept mine off because I dont like the way it notifies.
They are on. I did notice a lane departure symbol on the dashboard and changes colours and arrows so I?m suspecting the camera is working?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #1090
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
They are on. I did notice a lane departure symbol on the dashboard and changes colours and arrows so I?m suspecting the camera is working?
Yes.. if those arrows crop up on either side of the parallel dotted lines on the dash, and if you feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel when going >40, everything is hunky dory.
      09-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #1091
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes.. if those arrows crop up on either side of the parallel lines on the dash, and if you feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel when going >40, everything is hunky dory.
Cool!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #1092
F30.M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes.. if those arrows crop up on either side of the parallel lines on the dash, and if you feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel when going >40, everything is hunky dory.
Cool!
Check if the speed limit info is working, as that is based on the camera as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #1093
JB330Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Check if the speed limit info is working, as that is based on the camera as well.
Huh? I thought the speed limit info was from the GPS, no?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #1094
Perp
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB330Ci
Quote:
Huh? I thought the speed limit info was from the GPS, no?
Uses both. Say there's construction and a new speed limit sign is up. The camera will read it and adjust the limit on the dash.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #1095
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cool!
It does work, so looks like camera is not disabled.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 10:33 PM   #1096
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you try anything to code else in the FEM module with similar results meaning the weird messaging,etc.?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 11:42 PM   #1097
F30.M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you try anything to code else in the FEM module with similar results meaning the weird messaging,etc.?
For the FEM, other than the mirror, I made the ambient light brightness independent of the instrument cluster. I did not see any strange message for that.

I also coded video in motion, DRL checkbox, and A/C not on with auto. I haven't tried other things yet. Next on the list will probably be ASD.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #1098
wow521
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5 F15

Hi guys,

I know this is not related to m2, but I have a F15 2017. Just got my icar adapter yesterday. All I need is VIM for my daughter, so I only code that, but then my NAVI is disabled somehow. It is saying function currently not available. I tried to restore it from the backup, still the same. Emailed Stephan, told me should just leave it for awhile should come back. I left it over night and drive it few times today, it is still not working. I also coded my F60 mini countryman, all works well with no issues at all. Need some help before I send F15 back to dealer, Thank you guys so much.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 01:47 AM   #1099
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

I got angry just reading this.
Appreciate 3
AndrewC198910910.50
msdss497.50
      09-28-2017, 04:20 AM   #1100
BSMF87
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD

Which dealer is this? Don't you have to hold the lock button for the mirrors to fold? Try going to Budds or Pfaff they won't give you a hard time.
Appreciate 1