BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

08-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #903
Jimothy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 sDrive35i (F15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benef1cient View Post
Guys is the iCar2 4.0 Bluetooth LE also working with Bimmercode?
Don't use Bluetooth devices with iOS. None of the OBD Bluetooth devices are reliable enough for this. This isn't a BimmerCode thing, it's an iOS/BT thing.

Only use WiFi units. No excuses.
Actually it's more of a Bluetooth thing...there's a standard but no one follows it. Apple, Motorola, Jawbone, Samsung, various car manufacturers, etc. are all "guilty" and it's even worse with knock-off products.

Just use the Wi-Fi for the best reliability.
      08-10-2017, 09:20 PM   #904
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Finally got Screen Mirroring working decently, with a Nexus 5 wireless charging in armrest and wifi tether to a Pixel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #905
Jimothy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
I have an iCar2 wifi on the way as I want to code a couple of options and give this app a try.

One thing I wanted to get an answer on, on my previous BMW's (including E36's) my passenger mirror folded down when reversing. My M2 doesn't. It doesn't have electric folding mirrors or power seats - but neither did my old BMW's. I've tried both sides on the toggle switch for the mirrors and this doesn't work either. Can this option be coded with this app? I'm super paranoid about kerbing the wheels (the kerbs here in my area are awful) and would love to get this sorted.

I've read elsewhere that on other F models this is only available with electric folding mirrors but others say it's not and they have it without that option. Can't seem to get a solid answer online. Some are even saying theirs works after their car has been to the dealer for a software upgrade. Any ideas folks?
As far as I know, all BMW's are able to tilt the right mirror on reverse. Assuming you have a left-hand drive car, the mirror switch must be to the left position (as if you were going to adjust your left mirror). If it's to the right position, the mirror won't move when reversing.

I'll gamble that it's the opposite for right-hand drive vehicles.
      08-11-2017, 01:30 AM   #906
blueboy_gigel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
For now. However, an Android version will be forthcoming according to the dev.
I bought a used iPhone off eBay, just to run the app. Was still cheaper than Carly.
Thanks.

I watch yesterday a iPhone 5S on eBay. Buy if you say that a Android version is gonna be released I'll wait. I allready have Carly. Many the adapter will work with this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 06:26 AM   #907
Cibbersicks
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimothy View Post
As far as I know, all BMW's are able to tilt the right mirror on reverse. Assuming you have a left-hand drive car, the mirror switch must be to the left position (as if you were going to adjust your left mirror). If it's to the right position, the mirror won't move when reversing.

I'll gamble that it's the opposite for right-hand drive vehicles.
Unless there's some way to specifically code it, there's no way to get mine to work (RHD). I don't have electric folding mirrors or electric seats and I believe this to be the problem. I've heard on other models that if you don't have these options ticked then it just doesn't do it.

I've tried activating the option in the Bimmercode app but it makes no difference, it simply doesn't work.

I find it really annoying - all BMW's of old had this feature, it takes nothing to do, the electric motors are there anyway (for adjustment) so why the hell they don't just make this a standard feature?
Appreciate 1
GHarris18.00
      08-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #908
wenklaw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m2

Quote:
Finally got Screen Mirroring working decently, with a Nexus 5 wireless charging in armrest and wifi tether to a Pixel.
Please expand if you can.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 07:40 AM   #909
DoZZa
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY17 | M2 | DCT

Quote:
That's great, please share how you did this in detail!

I've got so far, but ultimately I cannot get screen mirroring to work!!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #910
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenklaw View Post
Please expand if you can.
Two most important things:

1) find and code all of these settings - use the app's search function:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...87&postcount=1

2) Use a device with Miracast like the LG Nexus 5 or the Samsung Galaxy line. There are over 30 different Android models that support the feature.

Once coded, the "Screen Mirroring" option should now show up as a selection under Communication / Manage Mobile Devices / Connect new device.

Select that. Then on your phone go to Display settings / Cast Screen (on a Nexus 5 for example). This should start the phone-car pairing using Wifi Direct. Once paired, you should be able to select Screen Mirroring from the Media/Radio menu any time you want to see the phone's screen (when phone is in casting mode).

The Nexus 5 is kept wireless charging in the armrest with internet wifi tethering to another phone - a Google Pixel which doesn't support Miracast in software currently. The Nexus 5's Bluetooth connection to car (for audio streaming, hands free, voice commands) works concurrently together with the internet WiFi tether (navigation, music streaming, etc) and Miracast WiFi Direct.
Appreciate 2
DoZZa81.50
termigni1080.00
      08-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #911
DoZZa
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY17 | M2 | DCT

Quote:
Two most important things:

1) find and code all of these settings - use the app's search function:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...87&postcount=1

2) Use a device with Miracast like the LG Nexus 5 or the Samsung Galaxy line. There are over 30 different Android models that support the feature.

Once coded, the "Screen Mirroring" option should now show up as a selection under Communication / Manage Mobile Devices / Connect new device.

Select that. Then on your phone go to Display settings / Cast Screen (on a Nexus 5 for example). This should start the phone-car pairing using Wifi Direct. Once paired, you should be able to select Screen Mirroring from the Media/Radio menu any time you want to see the phone's screen (when phone is in casting mode).

The Nexus 5 is kept wireless charging in the armrest with internet wifi tethering to another phone - a Google Pixel which doesn't support Miracast in software currently. The Nexus 5's Bluetooth connection to car (for audio streaming, hands free, voice commands) works concurrently together with the internet WiFi tether (navigation, music streaming, etc) and Miracast WiFi Direct.
I followed all these steps, my phone is a Nexus 6P which does NOT have Miracast enabled by default, I have edited the build.prop file on my phone and included the following line, persist.debug.wfd.enable=1. This has enabled Miracast.

But I am still not able to find the car in the Cast settings on the phone.

I know the WiFi of the car is working as I see the WiFi name of the car in the list of available networks on my phone and other devices.

I can only assume that as this is a UK spec car, and the fact that I did not select the option to have WiFi hotspot when I ordered the car, it must be missing a vital component to get it to work. But if that was really the case, I would imagine that there would be no WiFi network visible from the car at all?!

I understand that all US spec cars have the WiFi hotspot as standard from the factory.

I have no idea what the WiFi password is for my car, there is no option in the iDrive that I can see that mentions WiFi apart from in the Manage Mobile Devices section where I can turn the WiFi on and off. This menu option was only available after coding the Screen Mirror options listed here.

There are no options to set password or change WiFi channel etc. Not that any of those settings will resolve the issues I am having with Screen Mirroring!

Could it be because I updated from iDrive 5 to iDrive 6 Lite?

So close, yet so far!
E30 320iS | '90
E28 M535i | '84
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #912
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoZZa View Post
I followed all these steps, my phone is a Nexus 6P which does NOT have Miracast enabled by default, I have edited the build.prop file on my phone and included the following line, persist.debug.wfd.enable=1. This has enabled Miracast.
does it work with another Miracast device like a TV or Roku?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoZZa View Post
Could it be because I updated
Probably not, as I'm using ID6-lite also.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #913
Kvince
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Hi Guys,

I know this is M2 forum but having a F30 with iD5, i couldn't get VIM working with Esys, i ordered the adapter on Amazon last night and got it today and coded it within mins. Regret that I didn't see this thread before buying the eNET cable but it was only $18 CAD.

Super impressed and glad to have paid for the iOS unlocking code.

Keep up the great work BimmerCode!

EDIT - while coding VIM I had all my head unit settings reset which is fine to set clock and all my shortcuts. But I also realized it erased my Sat radio connection. My car is just a few weeks old so my free 1 yr subscription is still good for 11 months. So do I have to call Siruss XM or restore and remove VIM? Any suggestions anyone?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #914
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

guys - is there a way I can "Reset" my car back to stock coding using bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #915
BSMF87
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
guys - is there a way I can "Reset" my car back to stock coding using bimmercode?
Just restore your first back up.
Appreciate 1
w00tw00t408.00
      08-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #916
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvince View Post
Hi Guys,

I know this is M2 forum but having a F30 with iD5, i couldn't get VIM working with Esys, i ordered the adapter on Amazon last night and got it today and coded it within mins. Regret that I didn't see this thread before buying the eNET cable but it was only $18 CAD.

Super impressed and glad to have paid for the iOS unlocking code.

Keep up the great work BimmerCode!

EDIT - while coding VIM I had all my head unit settings reset which is fine to set clock and all my shortcuts. But I also realized it erased my Sat radio connection. My car is just a few weeks old so my free 1 yr subscription is still good for 11 months. So do I have to call Siruss XM or restore and remove VIM? Any suggestions anyone?
That module will reset anytime you code it, but I think it's typically just the presets that get blown out. I've done mine a few times and the satellite has never lost connection. A call to Sirius may be in your future.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #917
Jimothy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
Unless there's some way to specifically code it, there's no way to get mine to work (RHD). I don't have electric folding mirrors or electric seats and I believe this to be the problem. I've heard on other models that if you don't have these options ticked then it just doesn't do it.

I've tried activating the option in the Bimmercode app but it makes no difference, it simply doesn't work.

I find it really annoying - all BMW's of old had this feature, it takes nothing to do, the electric motors are there anyway (for adjustment) so why the hell they don't just make this a standard feature?
Wow...so sorry to hear that. My 2005 325 and 2017 X5 both tilt automatically as long as the selector switch is to the left.

I agree that it's a bit unbelievable that this is not a standard feature on all BMWs.

Since BimmerCode has done such an incredible job pouring over the vehicle coding and creating this app, maybe he would have some additional insight. Have you tried contacting him?
      08-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #918
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
This does nothing on a U.S. spec car.
If you have adaptive and auto high beam it does.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #919
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Any way to code the auto high beams, so you don't have to turn on auto high beams everytime at night? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #920
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
Any way to code the auto high beams, so you don't have to turn on auto high beams everytime at night? Thanks.
Since auto high beams is one of the big selling points of the LCI executive package...doubt it.

But I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #921
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
Since auto high beams is one of the big selling points of the LCI executive package...doubt it.

But I could be wrong.
I have a '17 I like the auto high beams, but in order for them to work you have to press the auto high beam button next to the BC button on the stock, and then it'll automatically turn on and off. So it's not fully "automatic" lol...basically everytime you turn the car on you have to turn on the auto high beam feature.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #922
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post
I have a '17 I like the auto high beams, but in order for them to work you have to press the auto high beam button next to the BC button on the stock, and then it'll automatically turn on and off. So it's not fully "automatic" lol...basically everytime you turn the car on you have to turn on the auto high beam feature.
That sounds like bad user experience! Hopefully theirs a code available for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #923
jimmy9980
BMW DRIVER ///M
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M2 07/16 Build

Has there been any update in the app after updating to ILEVEL 62.2 17-7-503 I'm unable to code the EVO Module its greyed out.
END OF LIFE = 2017 M2 07/16 Build, 2014 M5 05/14 Build, 2008 M3 ESS Supercharged, BMW 2003 M3, BMW 2001 325ci
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 06:14 PM   #924
snipersix
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Retired 2017 F87 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
quick question does the engine need to be off when coding? As I am aware that the engine shuts off everytime a code has been done successfully. Can i code the car even if its just running on accessory mode? i.e. battery is running only?
2017 M2 Coupe:|Black Sapphire Metallic|DCT|Nav/Idrive|M Performance CF Spoiler|M Performance CF DCT Interior| M Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills| M Performance Steel Pedals | Eventuri CF CAI | 19" Brixton Rims | KW V3 Clubsport |
Retired: |2008 328i Sedan|Montego Blue|
Appreciate 0