BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Diff/steering software question

05-19-2020, 04:17 AM   #1
Wattens
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT

Diff/steering software question

I have heard of someone with an N55 M2 having their differential software adjusted by BMW and the car is more lively. Steering is sharper and “diff slip” or something?

Has anyone got more information? Sorry I’m working on fragmented information.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

You're probably thinking of GTS steering coding and Euro MDM coding (assuming you're in USA)

There are threads on both of these topics if you do a quick search
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
I have heard of someone with an N55 M2 having their differential software adjusted by BMW and the car is more lively. Steering is sharper and “diff slip” or something?

Has anyone got more information? Sorry I’m working on fragmented information.
There are a few things you can do:

1) Change the regional settings of your dsc (traction control), you can change it from NA to EURO which immediately will give you more slip. But since you are in Australia/UK I don't think this will apply to you.

2) You can change the dsc settings themselves from m2 MDM mode, to m4 gts mdm, to F87 gts mdm.

3) You can code the differential itself (GHAS) and change it to m4 gts diff and get a different feel of how the car puts the power down.

4) You can change steering feel (EPS) to a whole bunch of settings like m4, m4 gts, or my favorite f87cs.
Thevesh30.50
      05-19-2020, 11:47 PM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

I also forgot to mention if you have a DCT you can also change the settings to the m4 gts transmission, but apparently that doesn't work too well via esys since it will stay in comfort mode, so you will have to read the thread discussion talking about the other methods of doing so like the thor flasher.