BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Decipher DCS Report?

06-26-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3, '18 M2, '22 X3M

Decipher DCS Report?

Hey all - Just purchased a 2018 M2 (Should be delivered to me today from NC!) and am looking over the service history I got from my SA. Could anyone decipher what this line item could possibly mean? This is the description field of the DCS report:

"F80 F82 F83 F87 Front wagon area with directing/parking of the crack"

There are no typos above, this is exactly how it's written.

On the same visit, the next description is:

"Onboard monitor / control display / central information display (CID), front (including trim cover)"

They had the car for 22 days.

Just curious what this means. I have reached back out to the SA for clarification, but have not heard back yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

Got more information and looked up the related SIBs..

The first one was a "cracking" sound heard from the front-end while turning the wheel either stationary or at low speed. This was SI B31 03 18. They must have been waiting for parts to arrive for that fix.

The other was for "ghost" touches of the nav display. Display would move as if being touched, without touching it. This was SI B65 26 17.

Maybe this will help someone at some point...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 05:08 PM   #3
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

I had an issue with my nav screen was also being glitchy snd moved on its own, i think it was due to over heating, i had the whole head unit replaced
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
I had an issue with my nav screen was also being glitchy snd moved on its own, i think it was due to over heating, i had the whole head unit replaced
Yeah, looks like they fixed both issues per the SIB instructions. On the nav one, they only replaced the screen though, not the whole NBT system.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

My M2 was finally delivered last night - drove it a good 10-15 miles and the creaking/cracking noise reared it's head near the end. It's pretty awful and mostly happens when I turn the wheel, however it also happens seemingly when the body flexes or the suspension is compressed. It didnt do it for the first 10 or so miles, which I find odd.

Have an appt to take it in tomorrow morning. I guess they will try a few other of the remedies listed in the SIB.

Other than that, the car is great so far. It has the Dinan adjustable suspension and I'm thinking I may need to raise it up just a bit. It will be my wife's DD and she's not the best at making judgement calls on how to approach certain hazards. It looks great, but it's definitely low.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #6
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

In case anyone comes across this in the future, the knocking noise I had in my suspension was caused by a bunch of mud/debris in the front suspension spring purches. When the car was shipped from NC, it was apparently offloaded at a hub depot and driven thru some mud. The mud was all over the black 763M wheels and there was a good amount up in the fender wells.

The dealer I bought the car from in NC (BMW of Southpoint) was nice enough to pay the $150 bill I got from my local dealer to clean up the suspension. I didn't even ask them to pay it.

Now just waiting for the selling dealer to work with the shipper to get my front bumper re-sprayed (by a place of my choosing). For some reason, the shipper re-sprayed my front bumper and it looks like it was the person's first time painting. Multiple paint runs and over-spray EVERYWHERE. It seems as though the shipper damaged the bumper and tried to re-spray it themselves without telling me - like I wouldn't notice.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #7
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfisher99 View Post
In case anyone comes across this in the future, the knocking noise I had in my suspension was caused by a bunch of mud/debris in the front suspension spring purches. When the car was shipped from NC, it was apparently offloaded at a hub depot and driven thru some mud. The mud was all over the black 763M wheels and there was a good amount up in the fender wells.

The dealer I bought the car from in NC (BMW of Southpoint) was nice enough to pay the $150 bill I got from my local dealer to clean up the suspension. I didn't even ask them to pay it.

Now just waiting for the selling dealer to work with the shipper to get my front bumper re-sprayed (by a place of my choosing). For some reason, the shipper re-sprayed my front bumper and it looks like it was the person's first time painting. Multiple paint runs and over-spray EVERYWHERE. It seems as though the shipper damaged the bumper and tried to re-spray it themselves without telling me - like I wouldn't notice.
Damn, was reading through hoping you'd find a different solution to the creaking. A few of us have it after changing to aftermarket springs/shocks and can't pinpoint what's causing it.

And sorry about your bumper. I had my dealer, who is apparently a certified bmw collision repair center, repair my car after an accident and it had a bunch of runs as well as splotchyness. They fixed the runs but not the splotchyness. After almost 6 months in the shop and a ton of arguing, I was too tired to keep complaining.

Best of luck to you and your new car.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #8
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Damn, was reading through hoping you'd find a different solution to the creaking. A few of us have it after changing to aftermarket springs/shocks and can't pinpoint what's causing it.

And sorry about your bumper. I had my dealer, who is apparently a certified bmw collision repair center, repair my car after an accident and it had a bunch of runs as well as splotchyness. They fixed the runs but not the splotchyness. After almost 6 months in the shop and a ton of arguing, I was too tired to keep complaining.

Best of luck to you and your new car.
Ah man, that's a shame. I am not optimistic that the dealer will get anywhere with the shipper since there's no way to prove they did it. All the circumstantial evidence is there (they had the car for SIX days for a 1200 mile journey, gave me shady progress information that changed every time I asked, very fresh over-spray everywhere [even though the car was detailed by the seller prior to shipping]) but without someone admitting they did it, I feel I am up a creek and will have to get it fixed on my dime. The shipper also scraped all 4 exhaust tips when they backed it off the truck in front of my house. I wish I had my video running when they did that - there'd be no way to deny that one.

Hopefully you guys find that noise and hopefully mine doesn't come back. The dealer didn't tell me if they had removed any suspension components during the cleanup that may have been the actual fix. Have you tried all 4 'fixes' in the SIB that I referenced? I have the PDF of it if you need it.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #9
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ah man, that's a shame. I am not optimistic that the dealer will get anywhere with the shipper since there's no way to prove they did it. All the circumstantial evidence is there (they had the car for SIX days for a 1200 mile journey, gave me shady progress information that changed every time I asked, very fresh over-spray everywhere [even though the car was detailed by the seller prior to shipping]) but without someone admitting they did it, I feel I am up a creek and will have to get it fixed on my dime. The shipper also scraped all 4 exhaust tips when they backed it off the truck in front of my house. I wish I had my video running when they did that - there'd be no way to deny that one.

Hopefully you guys find that noise and hopefully mine doesn't come back. The dealer didn't tell me if they had removed any suspension components during the cleanup that may have been the actual fix. Have you tried all 4 'fixes' in the SIB that I referenced? I have the PDF of it if you need it.
Can take the delivery company to small claims court. I think it'll be easy to convince a judge they damaged the exhaust tips just by explaining to the judge what happened and how scraps like that occur and the fact that you witnessed it happen... For the bumper, if you don't have before pictures showing no damage, I would argue that the dealer sold you an accident free vehicle and this one was clearly repaired.

And yea, would be great if you could send me the pdf. I tried googling the numbers you have but returned nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #10
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Can take the delivery company to small claims court. I think it'll be easy to convince a judge they damaged the exhaust tips just by explaining to the judge what happened and how scraps like that occur and the fact that you witnessed it happen... For the bumper, if you don't have before pictures showing no damage, I would argue that the dealer sold you an accident free vehicle and this one was clearly repaired.

And yea, would be great if you could send me the pdf. I tried googling the numbers you have but returned nothing.
I have the before pictures that show there was some damage in the typical spot below the large opening on the front from previous scrapes. I even had the sales guy text me some pictures to see the true extent since the pics on the dealer site weren't close enough. That "damage" is mysteriously painted over now.

Small claims seems like a lot of work unless I could get on Judge Judy

Will PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #11
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I have the before pictures that show there was some damage in the typical spot below the large opening on the front from previous scrapes. I even had the sales guy text me some pictures to see the true extent since the pics on the dealer site weren't close enough. That "damage" is mysteriously painted over now.

Small claims seems like a lot of work unless I could get on Judge Judy

Will PM.
I take ppl to small claims court all the time. I think I've done it 3-4 times in the last year. Ppl like to f*** me over and I don't like being f***ed over. Where I live it ranges from ~$125-175 to file a claim. Then I take an hour or two out of my day to gather my evidence and prepare what I'm gonna say and all that. Then I go in and explain it all to the judge. I haven't lost one yet.
Appreciate 0