V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi David.m,
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Earlier on I was told Week 27 or 28, I never asked which once told production had started. The uncertainty I think related BMW bring forward production of the LCI model and I was getting their first LCI allocation.
Thanks for the information - its pretty helpful Looks like your car was on a boat within 2-3 weeks of build completing, and after 7 weeks was in the country. If nothing else it gives me a rough timeline for when a week 34 build might arrive.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 01:52 AM   #112
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Don't think anyone would care as the LCI info is all over the place since long time ago. But bmw.com.au is now showing the LCI spec guide.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #113
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

LBB with production date 21/08
Now the wait continues....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 11:44 PM   #114
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi nick_stp & jav_au,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
LBB with production date 21/08
Now the wait continues....
I think you gentlemen both have Week 34 build cars, as do I. I've called the dealer today to follow up on progress and my car is currently Status 193 (Arrived at Port of Exit - for the M2, this is Bremerhaven). He's expecting it to be scheduled for loading in the next few days, so it looks like it may be on its way by early September

I thought you guys might like to check up on the status of your cars with your dealer and see what status they are. I've used this post to understand the various statuses.

Hope that this helps!

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 02:00 AM   #115
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi nick_stp & jav_au,

I think you gentlemen both have Week 34 build cars, as do I. I've called the dealer today to follow up on progress and my car is currently Status 193 (Arrived at Port of Exit - for the M2, this is Bremerhaven). He's expecting it to be scheduled for loading in the next few days, so it looks like it may be on its way by early September

I thought you guys might like to check up on the status of your cars with your dealer and see what status they are. I've used this post to understand the various statuses.

Hope that this helps!

Cheers,
Yes, seems we're the same built week. Dealer told me it should be on a ship sometime next week. I've been constantly checking the 2wglobal site.
The post can also be found here btw -http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1225876
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 05:04 AM   #116
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

excited is an understatement! so when do we think they will land in Aus?!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 06:01 AM   #117
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
excited is an understatement! so when do we think they will land in Aus?!
Yeah, I placed order end of Jan, can't believe it's getting so close now.
Not quite sure how long it takes from end of production to delivery to dealer. I'd say second half in Oct?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 06:17 AM   #118
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Don't you guys track the boat?

You know exactly where it is on WW's site. And also the ETA for when it arrives at each port.

Once it docks, it takes maybe a day or two for the cargo to clear customs. At least it did for Brisbane. Which is usually the first stop in Australia.

It took us about 12 days afterwards to pick up the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 06:22 AM   #119
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post

You know exactly where it is on WW's site. And also the ETA for when it arrives at each port.

Once it docks, it takes maybe a day or two for the cargo to clear customs. At least it did for Brisbane. Which is usually the first stop in Australia.

It took us about 12 days afterwards to pick up the car.
It's not updated on WW's site yet (at least not for me).
Thanks for the info. If you don't mind, could you please share how long it took once it's loaded on boat until it arrived in AU?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 06:33 AM   #120
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Can't recall the exact dates now. I think mine left 31 May. Arrived Brisbane 6 July?

Then Sydney a day later and Melbourne a day after that. Didn't look that far ahead to Perth.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:42 AM   #121
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Can't recall the exact dates now. I think mine left 31 May. Arrived Brisbane 6 July?

Then Sydney a day later and Melbourne a day after that. Didn't look that far ahead to Perth.
Thank you, appreciate that.
So we're looking at around 5 weeks for it to arrive in Au, then another 2 weeks until pick up.
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #122
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Like nick_stp, I've been watching that site (as an alternative to annoying the dealer) ... but until the car is booked aboard a boat, I can't track it The dealer has been really helpful, sending me screen prints that show the progress, so full marks to him

Quote:
Interestingly, the sequence of port stops can be varied - seems that some ships go via the USA first, and some come (almost) directly here. For example (from the below) the ship departing on 30-Aug (Carmen) comes via Africa, no doubt dropping off/picking up cars on the way, while the next one to depart on 04-Sep (Talisman) goes via the USA/Panama Canal, again no doubt dropping off/picking up

And this pattern seems to repeat/oscillate with each departure ... so maybe jav_au, nick_stp & I could be on different ships with deliveries in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne respectively.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. If you don't mind, could you please share how long it took once it's loaded on boat until it arrived in AU?
I've done a bit of checking, and here are some schedules for the boats our cars are likely to get aboard. Once the dealer confirms the boat the car is on (or the WW site shows the car), we'll know which one of these it is - I've listed them from date of departure, starting 30-August-17.

Carmen (30-Aug)
Talisman (04-Sep)
Faust (07-Sep)
Salome (14-Sep)
Themis (19-Sep)
Figaro (22-Sep)
Helps wet the appetite somewhat!

Appreciate 1
      08-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #123
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Like nick_stp, I've been watching that site (as an alternative to annoying the dealer) ... but until the car is booked aboard a boat, I can't track it The dealer has been really helpful, sending me screen prints that show the progress, so full marks to him

Quote:
Interestingly, the sequence of port stops can be varied - seems that some ships go via the USA first, and some come (almost) directly here. For example (from the below) the ship departing on 30-Aug (Carmen) comes via Africa, no doubt dropping off/picking up cars on the way, while the next one to depart on 04-Sep (Talisman) goes via the USA/Panama Canal, again no doubt dropping off/picking up

And this pattern seems to repeat/oscillate with each departure ... so maybe jav_au, nick_stp & I could be on different ships with deliveries in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne respectively.

Quote:
I've done a bit of checking, and here are some schedules for the boats our cars are likely to get aboard. Once the dealer confirms the boat the car is on (or the WW site shows the car), we'll know which one of these it is - I've listed them from date of departure, starting 30-August-17.

Carmen (30-Aug)
Talisman (04-Sep)
Faust (07-Sep)
Salome (14-Sep)
Themis (19-Sep)
Figaro (22-Sep)
Helps wet the appetite somewhat!

Lol, looks like you've done quite some homework.
Appreciate it. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #124
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Guess it's time for me to sort out these performance bits so they are here in time to put on the car early on. looks like I may import from ind in the states and have someone put then on for me here I Brisbane. not sure whether to go to bmw body shop or just a euro workshop.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #125
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Lol, looks like you've done quite some homework.
Appreciate it. Cheers.
You're welcome.

I find that these forums are really very useful: some great information that folks volunteer, so contributing to that helps others. A bit of self interest and a bit of payback I guess ...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #126
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
Guess it's time for me to sort out these performance bits so they are here in time to put on the car early on. looks like I may import from ind in the states and have someone put then on for me here I Brisbane. not sure whether to go to bmw body shop or just a euro workshop.
Check out this thread - I've decided to buy the Rear Diffuser from them as the pricing was too good to ignore. It is yet to be delivered, so I can't speak for them entirely, but so far they have been very helpful.

I see that the MPE, which I am not going to get, is £2,050 (or AUD~$3,350) which includes the carbon tips. Note that price is with the 20% UK VAT, which they'll remove as they are exporting the unit, so you are likely to get it landed here in AU for less than $3k (including shipping). Even after adding GST, it'd be (say) $3,300.

That's massively less than the $7,149 the system costs here.

And they have other stuff that you might want to buy at the same time.

Happy shopping!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 05:29 PM   #127
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi nick_stp & jav_au,

I've been keeping an eye on the W&W website to see when the car appears ... this morning its showing as being on the Carmen, which left Bremerhaven on Wednesday. This was the earliest of the ships that I thought it would be put aboard, so fantastic to see it on its way after less than 7 days sitting in the port

I notice from the information available that it appears 87 BMW's were put aboard the same vessel, maybe yours are included? Its probably worthwhile checking with the dealer (to see whether your car has had a status update) or hopping on the W&W search facility.

NB: I checked with my dealer yesterday afternoon and the advice was "no change in status", so its probably worthwhile checking the W&W website even if the dealer hasn't received an update.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 05:38 PM   #128
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi nick_stp & jav_au,

I've been keeping an eye on the W&W website to see when the car appears ... this morning its showing as being on the Carmen, which left Bremerhaven on Wednesday. This was the earliest of the ships that I thought it would be put aboard, so fantastic to see it on its way after less than 7 days sitting in the port

I notice from the information available that it appears 87 BMW's were put aboard the same vessel, maybe yours are included? Its probably worthwhile checking with the dealer (to see whether your car has had a status update) or hopping on the W&W search facility.

NB: I checked with my dealer yesterday afternoon and the advice was "no change in status", so its probably worthwhile checking the W&W website even if the dealer hasn't received an update.

Cheers!
GOOD MORNING~~~
Just trying to do the same thing - inform you guys maybe your M2 already on-board as well. You beat me!
Mine is Carmen as well!
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf162.00
      08-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #129
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
GOOD MORNING~~~
Just trying to do the same thing - inform you guys maybe your M2 already on-board as well. You beat me!
Mine is Carmen as well!
A nice surprise for a Friday morning - great start to the day! It'll be fun to watch the progress of the Carmen ... this means that it is very likely the car would be delivered late October, which is certainly a week ahead of when I had anticipated I get it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #130
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
A nice surprise for a Friday morning - great start to the day! It'll be fun to watch the progress of the Carmen ... this means that it is very likely the car would be delivered late October, which is certainly a week ahead of when I had anticipated I get it.
Definitely the perfect way to start Friday
According to https://www.marinetraffic.com/ it's on Belgium shore atm. Now the stalking starts...
Yes, it would most likely to be end Oct delivery. And it'd be a perfect birthday gift (early Nov) I guess.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #131
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Definitely the perfect way to start Friday
According to https://www.marinetraffic.com/ it's on Belgium shore atm. Now the stalking starts...
Yes, it would most likely to be end Oct delivery. And it'd be a perfect birthday gift (early Nov) I guess.
Woohoo, getting closer mate, makes the waiting slightly easier as you watch it make it's way across.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 01:10 AM   #132
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

8 days after coming off the ship at Port Kembla and my car is still yet to get through customs
Appreciate 0