BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Rear wing downforce

01-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #23
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Malakas - you still haven't joined the OFMWSLWOSCC/SG (Over Fourty Men With Silly Looking Wings On Street Cars Club / Support Group) yet??? Very disappointing, thought we had you.

Not sure how you can keep resisting this:

Appreciate 3
mcvaughan702.00
PrimeBMW661.50
bentom2335.50
      01-27-2020, 06:50 AM   #24
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Malakas - you still haven't joined the OFMWSLWOSCC/SG (Over Fourty Men With Silly Looking Wings On Street Cars Club / Support Group) yet??? Very disappointing, thought we had you.

Not sure how you can keep resisting this:

Hahahahaha! I'm inching closer and closer!!!

Your M looks awesome. What wheels are those?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #25
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Hahahahaha! I'm inching closer and closer!!!

Your M looks awesome. What wheels are those?
Going full wing on the street is not something you can inch into - never going to happen as the rational part of your brain will keep slamming the door on it. Just got to shut your brain down and jump in with both feet without looking. I found it easier after a few whiskey drinks & some late night shopping...

Appreciate the compliment on the car. Actually have another wave of goodies incoming to finish the build (finish, yeah right). The wheels are Signature Wheel SV501 in matte black. 18 x 9.5 & 18 x 10.5. Also have the same wheel in matte bronze - yeah I'm not afraid to rock the bronze + a wing. I have another set of their wheels but in a different design/model in the works for the street so I can use both of these sets as dedicated track wheels. I have a good contact there if you want some info.

Do not have a really good pic with the bronze on. Can kind of get an idea of them though

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 11:04 AM   #26
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Quote:
Going full wing on the street is not something you can inch into - never going to happen as the rational part of your brain will keep slamming the door on it. Just got to shut your brain down and jump in with both feet without looking. I found it easier after a few whiskey drinks & some late night shopping...

Appreciate the compliment on the car. Actually have another wave of goodies incoming to finish the build (finish, yeah right). The wheels are Signature Wheel SV501 in matte black. 18 x 9.5 & 18 x 10.5. Also have the same wheel in matte bronze - yeah I'm not afraid to rock the bronze + a wing. I have another set of their wheels but in a different design/model in the works for the street so I can use both of these sets as dedicated track wheels. I have a good contact there if you want some info.

Do not have a really good pic with the bronze on. Can kind of get an idea of them though

Been there, done that re: late night shopping.

Those Signature wheels are beautiful. My Apex wheels get a lot of abuse on track -- I'd cringe if I did something to a nice set of wheels on track. The bronze looks really nice on AW.
      01-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #27
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post

Been there, done that re: late night shopping.

Those Signature wheels are beautiful. My Apex wheels get a lot of abuse on track -- I'd cringe if I did something to a nice set of wheels on track. The bronze looks really nice on AW.
That's how I know I'm getting old and boring - used to wake up after a bit of drink and the first questions were where am I and who is that. Now is oh no, what did I buy & why does it take three days for my head to stop hurting...

I hear you on the track wheels. Definitely going to take a beating - but wanted forged and to be able to control the offsets. Running them on my E92 M3 race build so it was kind of a natural carryover to go with them on the M2 also.
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan702.00
      01-30-2020, 06:04 PM   #28
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Interested on your feedback from the track with the wing. Are you running COTA next month?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 07:29 AM   #29
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's how I know I'm getting old and boring - used to wake up after a bit of drink and the first questions were where am I and who is that. Now is oh no, what did I buy & why does it take three days for my head to stop hurting...

HAHAHA! Love it.

My car parts are usually bought in one of two scenarios.... I've come home to what appears to be an Amazon warehouse with boxes stacked at my front door (thanks wife) or if I've made a few margaritas at home. Red wine or any other liquor does not induce car part buying. Tequilla however... Well I'll show you pics of my new M steering wheel

Wheels are awesome. I had matte bronze on my GTR and love it! Just ordered a set of Finspeeds for the M2.... They look really similar to the signature

Am I going to see you guys this weekend at COTA? I'm just doing the Sunday.
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan702.00
      01-31-2020, 10:48 AM   #30
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Interested on your feedback from the track with the wing. Are you running COTA next month?
Actually had the wing on the car last time I was out at COTA. Not a big aero track & combined with the low level of front downforce on my car - I ran the wing at the minimum AOA. Could definitely feel the difference. Through the two big higher speed sweepers the rear was more planted and was able to pick up a few mph. Going to have a real splitter on the front next time and dial in a bit more AOA on the wing & see how that goes. All in all definitely a fan of the wing on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
HAHAHA! Love it.

My car parts are usually bought in one of two scenarios.... I've come home to what appears to be an Amazon warehouse with boxes stacked at my front door (thanks wife) or if I've made a few margaritas at home. Red wine or any other liquor does not induce car part buying. Tequilla however... Well I'll show you pics of my new M steering wheel

Wheels are awesome. I had matte bronze on my GTR and love it! Just ordered a set of Finspeeds for the M2.... They look really similar to the signature

Am I going to see you guys this weekend at COTA? I'm just doing the Sunday.
If I start on the tequilla I won't even be able to make it to the computer - kind of a 50/50 good/bad thing...

Finspeed, very nice choice. Big fan of the bronze on the GTR - look good on pretty much any body color. I have a set of Volk TE37's in their matte blue gunmetal still sitting in boxes in my garage. And the GTR is still sitting there...

We are going to be at COTA this weekend but taking my E92 M3 for a shakedown before SCCA there next weekend. Probably just going to be Saturday too, but not 100% yet. Sounds like there should be a nice BMW turnout there this weekend. We are in garage #26.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 10:52 AM   #31
243Racing
Banned
Rep

I’m thinking about classing up so I run aero and some stickier tires. And destroy the rest of the suspension and axles faster...lol

Appreciate the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 02:52 PM   #32
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
I’m thinking about classing up so I run aero and some stickier tires. And destroy the rest of the suspension and axles faster...lol

Appreciate the feedback.
That's the spirit!
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      02-01-2020, 04:14 PM   #33
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

We are going to be at COTA this weekend but taking my E92 M3 for a shakedown before SCCA there next weekend. Probably just going to be Saturday too, but not 100% yet. Sounds like there should be a nice BMW turnout there this weekend. We are in garage #26.
Not sure what garage were in... I'll have a big orange "25" on the car but only going Sunday. If you're around stop by! I'm hanging with a bunch of P-cars. Ewwww
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:16 PM   #34
jenks.chris106
Jenkies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I, 2020 M2 Compet

Little off topic but really want first hand answer, can the mperformance wing be fitted on a standard trunk?
I've seen it on the mperformance trunk, it has a spot built for it
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #35
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks.chris106 View Post
Little off topic but really want first hand answer, can the mperformance wing be fitted on a standard trunk?
I've seen it on the mperformance trunk, it has a spot built for it
Yes, its done all the time out here! Here are the instructions

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.co...LL%20INSTR.pdf

Directions start on page 14 " Install the carbon throughflow rear spoiler (F22, F87 and F87 Competition)"
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #36
jenks.chris106
Jenkies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I, 2020 M2 Compet

Any chance of getting this?

https://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/to...cs-racing.html

The cs team aero wing is adjustable and actually functional, unlike the cosmetic mperformance wing.

Any idea if we can get our hands on this?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:42 PM   #37
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks.chris106 View Post
https://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/to...cs-racing.html

The cs team aero wing is adjustable and actually functional, unlike the cosmetic mperformance wing.

Any idea if we can get our hands on this?
The M235iR wing is around $4k, expect about the same.

Check with Bimmerworld maybe?
Appreciate 0