BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M2 Competition dyno charts? UPDATED with first dyno results (crank) (Sep 2018)

09-29-2018, 05:28 PM   #89
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C DCT

Did it ever happen?
      09-29-2018, 06:29 PM   #90
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Logan View Post
Did it ever happen?
They’ll update thread after the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 07:03 PM   #91
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep

Must've missed that. Weird, thought they said they had it strapped on now.
      09-29-2018, 07:14 PM   #92
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Must've missed that. Weird, thought they said they had it strapped on now.
They're already done with the dyno run(s). They will just post the results after the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #93
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

This is good news, but not surprising. BMW is famous for understating power in their cars.

Now we just need some good aftermarket exhausts on the market, because the price BMW is asking for their perf. exhaust is laughable. Titanium or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #94
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
This is good news, but not surprising. BMW is famous for understating power in their cars.

Now we just need some good aftermarket exhausts on the market, because the price BMW is asking for their perf. exhaust is laughable. Titanium or not.
Was the finalized pricing released? I only saw initial estimates.
      09-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #95
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
I think they published official pricing for all M Perf. parts and the exhaust was in the neighborhood of $6k. Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #96
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think they published official pricing for all M Perf. parts and the exhaust was in the neighborhood of $6k. Ridiculous.
Yeah, that is pretty laughable. 10% of the car's MSRP for a catback exhaust... I've said before, I wish more american manufacturers would get into the game. Titanium exhaust, in my opinion, hardly sounds well off anywho. I like it on GTR's, but that is about the only platform I have heard it and it sounded to my liking.
      09-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #97
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
No, they never released pricing on the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #98
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
No, they never released pricing on the exhaust.
You may be right. I thought they had released prices on all M Perf. parts.

Regardless, if the OG M2's MP exhaust was nearly $4k for stainless, how much do you think BMW is going to charge for a BMW branded titanium MPE?

If it wasn't an official price, $6k was the educated guess being bandied about.
I mean they're charging $4k for a f'ing CF hood!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #99
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Regardless, if the OG M2's MP exhaust was nearly $4k for stainless, how much do you think BMW is going to charge for a BMW branded titanium MPE?

They haven't released pricing on several parts such as CF roof, MPE, etc.

OG M2 MPE (without tips) is listed for $2000 at BMW's online store and can be found for less than $2000 at several other online stores. The MPE for M2C is a muffler-only system so even though it's titanium I don't expect it to be priced more than $4K (without tips of course). Even if the lis price is around $4K, many online BMW part stores offer these parts with 25-30% discounts so we might be able to find it for ~$3K.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 02:14 PM   #100
Bimm3rM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

OG M2 MPE (without tips) is listed for $2000 at BMW's online store and can be found for less than $2000 at several other online stores. The MPE for M2C is a muffler-only system so even though it's titanium I don't expect it to be priced more than $4K (without tips of course). Even if the lis price is around $4K, many online BMW part stores offer these parts with 25-30% discounts so we might be able to find it for ~$3K.
I don't understand the lack of communication on the release date for the MPE
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #101
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimm3rM4 View Post
Quote:

I don't understand the lack of communication on the release date for the MPE
In Europe and several other regions, it just doesn't meet the new regulations so it's not even certain if those markets will get MPE anytime soon. However, I don't know why it's still not available in the US either. If you look at the sticky thread under the M2 Competition main forum, the PDF that lists all M performance parts has the US spec MPE with a release date of 09/18. There might be some delay for some reason. I expect it to be available in October or November.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 05:50 PM   #102
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

True, but saying you can buy the exhaust without tips for $2k is like saying you can buy the M2C for $54k without wheels or tires.

Adding tips brings the cost (MSRP) close to $4k (OG M2 MPE).
Sure you can get it less than that via discounts, but BMW pricing is basically $4k. For stainless.
I will bet two virgin princesses that BMW MSRP for this exhaust will be $5k or more. Probably $6k.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 06:02 PM   #103
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
True, but saying you can buy the exhaust without tips for $2k is like saying you can buy the M2C for $54k without wheels or tires.

Adding tips brings the cost (MSRP) close to $4k (OG M2 MPE).
Sure you can get it less than that via discounts, but BMW pricing is basically $4k. For stainless.
I will bet two virgin princesses that BMW MSRP for this exhaust will be $5k or more. Probably $6k.
M3/M4 MPE comes with a midpipe (with just a resonator delete) and costs $6K with CF tips. In fact, OG M2 MPE comes with muffler and midpipe with resonator delete as well. M2C MPE is just a muffler, nothing else. Even with the CF tips, I don't think MSRP will be near $6K. My guess is $3500 MSRP for the MPE plus $1K for the tips so $4500 total.

Especially US based aftermarket exhaust companies have a great opportunity right now to take advantage of the delay on the MPE but they seem to be quite lazy as well. Whoever comes up with a decent exhaust will take my money, MPE or aftermarket doesn't matter. I paid $4500 for my M4 MPE with CF tips and was quite happy with the sound as well as having manufacturer's 4 years warranty since it was port installed. So wouldn't mind paying more for MPE as long as it provides the same level of improvement it did on my M4.
Appreciate 1
Cavpilot2k1022.00
      09-30-2018, 08:30 PM   #104
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep

I honestly cannot get myself to spend that much on an axleback and tips. That is so otherworldly ridiculous.. 2k is about the fair range for a system that retains active exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #105
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I honestly cannot get myself to spend that much on an axleback and tips. That is so otherworldly ridiculous.. 2k is about the fair range for a system that retains active exhaust
AA has their signature exhaust system (catback, single-pipe as opposed to dual pipe) for M3/M4 and I believe it costs around $3-3.5K. It sounds pretty good too compared to stock. I really thought they would come up with something very similar for M2C as well but still no news. I have about a month to receive my car so still hopeful that there will be at least couple options by the I take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 10:08 PM   #106
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
AA has their signature exhaust system (catback, single-pipe as opposed to dual pipe) for M3/M4 and I believe it costs around $3-3.5K. It sounds pretty good too compared to stock. I really thought they would come up with something very similar for M2C as well but still no news. I have about a month to receive my car so still hopeful that there will be at least couple options by the I take delivery.
AA is working on it. They are local and getting my business on parts. I'll probably do just the midpipe at first then move from there.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 10:12 PM   #107
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
AA is working on it. They are local and getting my business on parts. I'll probably do just the midpipe at first then move from there.
Doing just midpipe was my initial idea as well but after seeing the stock muffler in person I just want to get rid of it asap. That's why I'm also open to paying a premium for the MPE.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 01:31 AM   #108
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Be careful thinking about the value of the exhaust component. To the customer, it is not dictated by what it's comprised of, but what it turns the car into.
      10-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #109
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

AA does an X-pipe or combined single pipe, right? I think I recall seeing that in the M4 forums.
Combining the exhaust impulses seems to be critical to getting a decent sound out of the S55.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13142.00
      10-01-2018, 09:51 AM   #110
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Doing just midpipe was my initial idea as well but after seeing the stock muffler in person I just want to get rid of it asap. That's why I'm also open to paying a premium for the MPE.
I will just get mine painted black for $150 lol