BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > New equal length AA Exhaust?

Closed Thread

10-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #243
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
Both the AA single and equal length mid pipes eliminate the center silencer and the secondary cats. I have the AA single mid pipe mated with the Remus race exhaust and I love the sound of this combo, no drone whatsoever with the flaps open and closed (although I'm driving with the flaps open 95% of the time except when I'm leaving the neighborhood). I would say if you mate either of them with the stock exhaust you will get about 10 to 20 percent increase in volume.
I really appreciate the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 10:54 PM   #244
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
It's very quiet inside the car with my non resonated version. Zero drone

I did a driving video with it and one part with the windows up

Sounds fantastic, thank you!!!

Who wants my $$$?
      10-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #245
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Oh I definitely understand that. Just wondering how much louder it gets with the non-res vs. the resonated version.
I’d like a subtle increase in volume, but nothing obnoxious and raspy.
Both the AA single and equal length mid pipes eliminate the center silencer and the secondary cats. I have the AA single mid pipe mated with the Remus race exhaust and I love the sound of this combo, no drone whatsoever with the flaps open and closed (although I'm driving with the flaps open 95% of the time except when I'm leaving the neighborhood). I would say if you mate either of them with the stock exhaust you will get about 10 to 20 percent increase in volume.
Equal length midpipe will be offered in resonated and non resonated versions
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #246
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Sounds fantastic, thank you!!!

Who wants my $$$?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      10-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #247
Spider.
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 Competition

The EL sounds like the ticket, now we just wait for the resonated vs non res sound clips
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #248
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider. View Post
The EL sounds like the ticket, now we just wait for the resonated vs non res sound clips
I need to hear it in person because I'm not there yet. I believe everyone that swears by it but I really love how much the AA single/remus reduced the rasp. Def need to hear it paired with a remus before I get in line.
      10-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #249
Finz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
The "right " sound is really subjective. It is great that InsaneM found a setup that he loves. For me, I took a drive in a friend's M2C with the same AA single and Remus Race (stock DP) and it was much too loud. I dislike pretty much everything about my stock exhaust, but this was too much for my M2C as a DD. Others have told me I would like the Remus Sport, but it is hard to commit to a purchase based on internet sound clips - I thought I was going to like the race version.
      10-11-2020, 10:55 AM   #250
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
The "right " sound is really subjective. It is great that InsaneM found a setup that he loves. For me, I took a drive in a friend's M2C with the same AA single and Remus Race (stock DP) and it was much too loud. I dislike pretty much everything about my stock exhaust, but this was too much for my M2C as a DD. Others have told me I would like the Remus Sport, but it is hard to commit to a purchase based on internet sound clips - I thought I was going to like the race version.
You are right, sound is absolutely subjective. For my experience it was actually pretty loud and felt like I had the asd turned back on when I drove it for the first couple of days. But when I got used to it and am enjoying driving with the windows down and radio slightly down as well. I would say the only downside are the cold starts, it's pretty damn loud
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 04:35 PM   #251
TheHoffmobile
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I want to hear Remus Sport paired with the Equal Length midpipe. Sounds like it may be the best all around combo 🤔
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 08:17 AM   #252
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoffmobile View Post
I want to hear Remus Sport paired with the Equal Length midpipe. Sounds like it may be the best all around combo 🤔
I have the same setup on my M4, it's definitely my favorite

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #253
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I agree, I recommend hearing it in person before pulling the trigger on an exhaust setup since everyone's tolerance is different. When first watched tbe Remus Race with AA single clips inline it didn't sound obnoxiously loud to me so I went ahead and ordered it. It was a totally different animal in person. I could only live with it for a week. Then I switched to Remus Sport with stock mid. The tone was good but it was barely any louder than stock unfortunately. Months later I decided to add the AA single back again to pair with the Remus Sport. It was just the perfect combination for me in terms of both the tone and volume. Not sure how much my word would help you without hearing it in person but it's definitely nowhere near as loud as the Race + AA single combo. If I still had my car, I would have also liked to try AA resonated equal length with Remus Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #254
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
I have the same setup on my M4, it's definitely my favorite
Remus Sport for M3/M4 do not share the same design as the Remus Sport for M2C. Muffler internal is different (based on a post I read awhile ago) and most importantly M2C version has resonators on the outer exhaust pipes as shown below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 07:15 PM   #255
Finz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
That's my fear. Almost $5K in parts to make my car sound good.
      10-13-2020, 12:51 AM   #256
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

is AA still developing a new rear section to go with the equal length mids?

what about those that want the full system like how they had the mid + rear (full signature system)?
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #257
TheHoffmobile
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced View Post
is AA still developing a new rear section to go with the equal length mids?

what about those that want the full system like how they had the mid + rear (full signature system)?
Yes, they sure are. Currently on a third prototype with a larger can, as original can was too small and created drone with the valves closed.
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50
      10-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #258
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, they sure are. Currently on a third prototype with a larger can, as original can was too small and created drone with the valves closed.

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #259
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Think I'll just do EQ length midpipe for now and do Remus Sport if it's not loud enough.
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00
      10-14-2020, 08:33 PM   #260
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
ahh ok, good to know! i hope it'll be just as loud as their full signature exhaust. because it'll between this or the Eisenmann.

i had the AA full signature on my previous competition and it was glorious, minus some fitment problems... now i'm in an RS3 and i hate it... so i'm now getting another competition lol! just deciding between the equal full AA or Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #261
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
ahh ok, good to know! i hope it'll be just as loud as their full signature exhaust. because it'll between this or the Eisenmann.

i had the AA full signature on my previous competition and it was glorious, minus some fitment problems... now i'm in an RS3 and i hate it... so i'm now getting another competition lol! just deciding between the equal full AA or Eisenmann.
Not to hijack the thread...I almost pulled the trigger on a RS3, but at the last minute I ordered the M2C and I love it. Just curious what you don't like about the RS3 since you have had both?

Current: 2021 X3M
Gone but not forgotten: 2020 M2C LBB MT
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 11:53 AM   #262
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
Not to hijack the thread...I almost pulled the trigger on a RS3, but at the last minute I ordered the M2C and I love it. Just curious what you don't like about the RS3 since you have had both?
omg! i can rant about this on and on... lol

to keep it short, BMW > Audi. idgaf what anyone says. everybody is different though, that is why there are so many different manufacturers and models to choose from.

to be fair, the RS3 does everything the M2C does not. but, also vice versa with the BMW as well. in this case, the BMW is just more suitable for me. i want the rwd, i want the manual, i want the drama, i want the car to have life... lol
Appreciate 1
Sarg33554.50
      10-29-2020, 10:04 PM   #263
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Hurrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50
      10-29-2020, 11:59 PM   #264
M2 CCO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
omg! i can rant about this on and on... lol

to keep it short, BMW > Audi. idgaf what anyone says. everybody is different though, that is why there are so many different manufacturers and models to choose from.

to be fair, the RS3 does everything the M2C does not. but, also vice versa with the BMW as well. in this case, the BMW is just more suitable for me. i want the rwd, i want the manual, i want the drama, i want the car to have life... lol
Agree! Sold my RS3 for the M2C!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread