AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
After a month trying to get PERL to ship, I never got through to them. I used a company called MyGermany (https://mygermany.com/) and paid them a percentage to place the order for me. After payment it took 20 days for the item to finally arrive at my door steps. Best of all, I didn't have to pay the 19% VAT. My TOTAL COST (includes price of the lip without the 19%VAT, plus 10% of the item cost to My Germany for their service, and UPS Global Express Shipping from MyGermany warehouse to my US home) my total came to a grand total of $590 USD!
*Please note, I used my Travelers credit card which does not charge me for foreign transactions. If your bank card charges for foreign transaction fees then PayPal is also an option. Additionally, the exchange rate changes from day to day. I personally was not charged any sort of importation, duty taxes, nor brokerage fees by importing into the U.S. using UPS Express Saver, but there is no guarantee that you won’t get charged an extra fee from the shipping company.

Item arrived with the box pretty beat up, but the contents inside of it were all safe. That said, of course the instructions were all in German; I used google translate and fine tuned the wording (plus a few notes per my personal installation experience). I have attached the English instructions in PDF format to this thread.

Fitment is perfect and the quality of the lip is jaw dropping.

INSTALLATION NOTES
1. Installation was pretty straight forward, but the A points (per the instructions) were the biggest pain in the royal rear end. At point A where you drill in, there is zero space to put your hands let alone a wrench. PERL gives you a flat "wedge" tool to hold the U-Nut in place when trying to tighten the 5 provided machine screws, but it took an hour just to get the darn things to aligned.

2. The two final provided black Torx screws (hole E in the instructions) need to not only screw into the bumper, but must also screw through the black plastic part that is behind the bumper, otherwise the screw will push up on the plastic part, push down on the bumper, and you will not be able to screw one of the OE screws back into the clip.

Overall it took me 3 hours to complete the job. It's on there tight and it isn't going anywhere (I am not worried about it flying off at high speeds).
I went through the exact same process as you starvmarv
Perl were very slow with their responses so I ended up using MyGermany as well, purchased the lip without the 19% VAT but paid the 10% concierge service charge for them to order the lip for me.

Price total for me including postage came to €620, shipping to AU is more expensive than to the US

Happy I got the lip .. now to wait for the car to arrive
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
StarMan351.50
      10-18-2020, 10:22 PM   #25
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
starvmarv

Got my front lip mounted! However, I can't for the life of me understand how we are suppose to secure the the rear two bolts for the mounting plate (Bolts labelled F on the instructions).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 07:16 AM   #26
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
starvmarv

Got my front lip mounted! However, I can't for the life of me understand how we are suppose to secure the the rear two bolts for the mounting plate (Bolts labelled F on the instructions).
I'm pretty sure you have to drill those yourself.

What I did is attached the plate to the bottom of the bumper (on the outside) to line it up, then drilled the holes for it. Once I had the holes on place, I put the plate on the inside and secured it with the screws.

Be warned, the "tool" they give you to hold the nuts really sucks. Also, you should remove all the black plastic shielding from the bottom during the install. I didn't do this, and it made holding those nuts in place a pain in the ass.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 07:58 AM   #27
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Quote:
starvmarv

While I have a 17, I am almost certain your 20 should be the same. The F Point holes will line up with the holes of the OE under tray (assuming you removed it, if you didn't, I advise you do, more work, but makes install a little easier.) when you reinstall it. Your OE screws will go through it.

*The B, C, and F points will use the cars OE screws\rivets.
**The only points you need to drill is for A, D, and E.

As detroitm2 says it, the little "nut holder" tool they give you is the devil, annoying to use, but I personally didn't see another why to place those nuts.

Last edited by StarMan; 10-19-2020 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:05 AM   #28
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to drill those yourself.

What I did is attached the plate to the bottom of the bumper (on the outside) to line it up, then drilled the holes for it. Once I had the holes on place, I put the plate on the inside and secured it with the screws.

Be warned, the "tool" they give you to hold the nuts really sucks. Also, you should remove all the black plastic shielding from the bottom during the install. I didn't do this, and it made holding those nuts in place a pain in the ass.

Good luck.
Thanks Detroit,

I ended up ignoring the two F bolts, Just drilled the centre bolt in the middle and the 4 on the outer edge towards the front. I did take the undercarriage off and it definitely made life a lot easier holding the "tool" but it was still a pain in the ass.

The lip is secured pretty well with those washers and the top clip, much better than using the self tapping screws most lips use.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
nioh_lbbm21716.50
      10-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #29
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
While I have a 17, I am almost certain your 20 should be the same. The F Point holes will line up with the holes of the OE under tray (assuming you removed it) when you reinstall it. Your OE screws will go through it.

*The B, C, and F points will use the cars OE screws\rivets.
**The only points you need to drill is for A, D, and E.
Yeh I know they line up with the undertray, however after I've secured point D (Middle hole) I have no idea how I'm able to fit those bolts inbetween the lip and the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:09 AM   #30
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
The M2C Perl instructions in English for anyone else wondering or need the instructions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 10:26 AM   #31
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
The M2C Perl instructions in English for anyone else wondering or need the instructions.
LOL. This would have been nice to have when I did this a few months ago!

Lip looks great btw!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 04:34 PM   #32
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Got mine installed a few weeks ago. I also used myGermany.com to get it shipped to me. Very happy with this lip! Simple and it follows the line of the bumper. It's not very thick so it's perfect when I lower my suspension soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by jello; 01-10-2021 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #33
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
I also got their side skirts and rear lip to complete the look!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
detroitm22427.50
StarMan351.50
///M TOWN16071.00
      01-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #34
redgs4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello View Post
Very Nice! I picked up the side skirts used a few months back and I have been debating whether or not to put them on. The rear extensions look good as well.
Appreciate 1
jello180.50
      01-12-2021, 12:20 AM   #35
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgs4 View Post
Quote:
Very Nice! I picked up the side skirts used a few months back and I have been debating whether or not to put them on. The rear extensions look good as well.
Put them on already! It's looks good trust me!
Appreciate 1
redgs4320.00
      01-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #36
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Quote:
Those sides skirts look good!

Yep, I too got their rear bumper extensions as well. I would have gotten their side skirts if I didn't have mine already.

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:57 AM   #37
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Quote:
Those sides skirts look good!

Yep, I too got their rear bumper extensions as well. I would have gotten their side skirts if I didn't have mine already.

looking good buddy!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #38
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Is that an M Performance rear diffuser? How closely does the CF match the perl stuff?

Doesn't look like it matches very well from pictures.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #39
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Quote:
Is that an M Performance rear diffuser? How closely does the CF match the perl stuff?

Doesn't look like it matches very well from pictures.
Yes, it's the performance M diffuser that's been in the car for about 3 years more or less. The pearl is brand new and has ppf so the color doesn't match the used diffuser 100%. I would imagine all diffusers would get discolored eventually specially if you have an aftermarket exhaust in there like mine.

The color is a little closer in person than looking at it on iphone pics.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 10:45 PM   #40
Insulated
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Got mine installed a few weeks ago. I also used myGermany.com to get it shipped to me. Very happy with this lip! Simple and it follows the line of the bumper. It's not very thick so it's perfect when I lower my suspension soon.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying in fees + shipping and was your package damaged by any chance? Thanks!

Last edited by Insulated; 01-14-2021 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 10:58 PM   #41
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insulated View Post
Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying in fees + shipping and was your package damaged by any chance? Thanks!
$1,618.36 for all three items including the fee of mygermany.com and the actual cost to ship to the US. Fyi, i used one of my credit cards that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.

Received all items in perfect condition and no damage to the boxes whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 11:06 PM   #42
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Looks great!

I love the perl items for the F87, one thing that surprised me for sure is how light the front lip was.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 11:38 PM   #43
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

Any US dealer thats a rieger distributor will be able to source it. Thats what detroitm2 and myself did
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 1
detroitm22427.50
      01-22-2021, 11:18 PM   #44
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Quote:
Your car looks great! Do you have any underside photos of their rear extensions? Specifically, I'd like to know if the edges fold over and continue or end somewhat abruptly like their front lip does underneath.
Appreciate 0