Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Great car, great piece of machine right there.

But can anyone answer me this, how do you wash a car with that type of hood? I mean doesn't all the water go straight in to the engine bay or is there flaps that shut them self when the car is shut off.

I am seriously wondering about this
I've considered that as well.
You wash the car with a cold engine.

As should you always.

Not a problem
That's easy to do when you wash your car at home. It's not so easy if you take your car to a do-it-yourself car wash.
Appreciate 2
Nahlem1144.00
JTO245246.50
      11-05-2019, 01:45 AM   #200
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:

But can anyone answer me this, how do you wash a car with that type of hood? I mean doesn't all the water go straight in to the engine bay or is there flaps that shut them self when the car is shut off.

I've considered that as well.
You wash the car with a cold engine.

As should you always.

Not a problem
That's easy to do when you wash your car at home. It's not so easy if you take your car to a do-it-yourself car wash.
You just don't shoot a lot of water on that panel.

And make sure you let the engine cool down as much as possible.
      11-05-2019, 01:49 AM   #201
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Colour combo is a disaster, gaudy, tacky, I could go on. At least black and white are still available. Looking forward to what really counts, driving reviews and getting behind the wheel.

In some ways I wish I'd kept my deposit down but I suspect it will be out of my price range and difficult to get hold of, even being on a list.

Trouble is, it's already starting to look dated, especially inside despite all the lipstick on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:53 AM   #202
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
I like the look of this and could be tempted, but I wonder if this is actually any better than an F80 M3 comp?

I assume this has Dakota leather, plus I don't like the lack of central storage, or HUD.

If on the same tyres, I suspect 'Ring times will be very similar as well.
Better than M3 comp, that'll be subjective. So many existing debates on the subject already. M2 owners saying they prefer theirs, M3 owners saying they prefer theirs, M2 owners who used to have an M3, M3 owners who used to have an M2.

Search this website or check out M3 Cutters, Pistonheads, subject's been done to death already. Only you can decide which is best for you.

Neither are better than the other. Just what you want from the car.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      11-05-2019, 02:05 AM   #203
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
So a smaller M4 comp essentially? Ceramic brakes, comp seats, carbon roof - all of this stuff is available in M4 since a long time. So apart from the hand me down parts, is there anything new here?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 02:13 AM   #204
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:

You can get this hood right now for m2c unpainted online. sunsetm2c on instagram has this on his car from a company in Taiwan. cost about 4k installed and painted. he says the water just diverts away during rain or a wash. Its like any hood vents in a car.
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      11-05-2019, 02:19 AM   #205
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

It looks great, last of the small grille performance BMW’s, and available with a manual box, which I wish was available in the M4CS.

However, I’ll stick with the visually more complete, and rawer interior of its bigger brother

Appreciate 4
clee1982796.00
Robin_NL8679.50
Jarran10.50
F80DK389.50
      11-05-2019, 02:22 AM   #206
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTScapes View Post
It is perfectly clear to me now that the M2/M2 Comp was intended to be a way to sell leftover N55 engines and M3/M4 parts respectively in the guise of an "enthusiast" model.
Not even close, I think you are misinformed.

First, they made so many N55s relative to the number of M2s it is ridiculous. Just about every other car in the fleet had an N55 at some point in some model. There is no way that makes sense.

Second, almost none of those parts are off of an M3 or M4. The only part on the CS that is a direct carryover is the seat and even that is modified with alcantara, different stitching, and different leather. The brakes are much larger than what comes on the M3/M4 standard but are NOT the CCB gold calipers, because they only have steel caliper pistons not titanium. The roof is completely different because, you know, it's not even close to the same shape. The hood is completely different as well. Center console, dashboard... same thing. The wheels are the same as the M Performance wheels that have been available forever and are not the Orbit Grey finish from the M3/M4 CS.

I think all the CS models are more of a way to extract money from your pockets, but the M2/M2C are definitely not to sell parts. There is no way the engineering and crash testing would make it worth it. They are just more fun to drive.
Appreciate 4
F87EVO4004.00
Robin_NL8679.50
cptobvious2531.50
goku7173.00
      11-05-2019, 02:25 AM   #207
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I wouldn't bet on that, the collectors and brokers will snatch all of them up before they hit our shores.

This is unlike the M4 CS was in an already oversaturated market that everyone is attempting to compare it to; the M2 CS is something special in 2 series hierarchy.

The auto-enthusiast proverbial internet just blew up within the last hour of this leak. It's a star
A small part of me wants to say you are right, but I don't think it's true. The M2 market is also already saturated. M2C sales have really slowed down and you can get nice discounts now. The market for an $80k 2 series is even smaller than the market for the M4 CS. This is a car for a tiny niche. People who want theirs right away will pay, but I think there will be bargains to be had next year.
Appreciate 4
F87EVO4004.00
///M TOWN13117.00
Robin_NL8679.50
cptobvious2531.50
      11-05-2019, 02:41 AM   #208
NL-J
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Oh boy, loving it, but afraid it'll be M4 CS money here esp. with the WLTP tests
      11-05-2019, 02:41 AM   #209
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Not even close, I think you are misinformed.

First, they made so many N55s relative to the number of M2s it is ridiculous. Just about every other car in the fleet had an N55 at some point in some model. There is no way that makes sense.

Second, almost none of those parts are off of an M3 or M4. The only part on the CS that is a direct carryover is the seat and even that is modified with alcantara, different stitching, and different leather. The brakes are much larger than what comes on the M3/M4 standard but are NOT the CCB gold calipers, because they only have steel caliper pistons not titanium. The roof is completely different because, you know, it's not even close to the same shape. The hood is completely different as well. Center console, dashboard... same thing. The wheels are the same as the M Performance wheels that have been available forever and are not the Orbit Grey finish from the M3/M4 CS.
Agreed , would you move from a regular M2 to a M2CS ?
Appreciate 1
chris7197271.50
      11-05-2019, 03:02 AM   #210
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
An amalgam of F8x and m performance catalogue parts

I like the idea but can't help feel it's a bit late in the cycle, not just for m2, but even the s55

This is no 1M
It's purposefully late in the cycle because it will probably be the swan song for the current generation M2.

Given that the 1M is a parts bin car with a borrowed engine from a Z4 and many M3 components, the M2 certainly exists as a spiritual successor. We have pretty short memories because "purists" derided the 1M for being a non-m car with an M badge. Now it's a classic, but hindsight is 20/20. The M2 is currently the purest traditional M car, and the M2 CS will likely be the best version yet.
imo the 1M will always be regarded higher as it was conceived by engineers after hours vs m2 cs borne purely by a marketing department

The 1M is also important for purists as it highlighted that M cars can be about a chassis and not need a bespoke motor

End of the day it's fun to discuss and compare, but the market will inevitably decide
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      11-05-2019, 03:05 AM   #211
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

That's the one we saw at the Brussels BMW Brand store.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:16 AM   #212
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I wouldn't bet on that, the collectors and brokers will snatch all of them up before they hit our shores.

This is unlike the M4 CS was in an already oversaturated market that everyone is attempting to compare it to; the M2 CS is something special in 2 series hierarchy.

The auto-enthusiast proverbial internet just blew up within the last hour of this leak. It's a star
A small part of me wants to say you are right, but I don't think it's true. The M2 market is also already saturated. M2C sales have really slowed down and you can get nice discounts now. The market for an $80k 2 series is even smaller than the market for the M4 CS. This is a car for a tiny niche. People who want theirs right away will pay, but I think there will be bargains to be had next year.
I guess it won't be long before all is reveal, in that regard.

My guess is you'll never even get a chance to see one, in the flesh, before they are all spoken for.

If BMW can't move a mere 500 ultra M2s, one of the most hyped model since the 1M, then something is seriously wrong with their marketing plan.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:17 AM   #213
jayely1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Can production #'s change? If 300 or hell even 500 come to the US, the odds of getting one are slim to none..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:19 AM   #214
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
Leaked info:
This sounds promising. However what is up w the stick shift, looks like a giant dongue.

Looks decent but needs, DCT, Ceramics, BBS F1R, Ohlins, ESS flash, carbon fenders, carbon trunk and Motorsport wing. My wife can drive it.

That would probably work better. Why are they using steel and not something a bit more lightweight.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:39 AM   #215
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Quote:
Leaked info:
This sounds promising. However what is up w the stick shift, looks like a giant dongue.
Looks decent but needs, DCT, Ceramics, BBS F1R, Ohlins, ESS flash, carbon fenders, carbon trunk and Motorsport wing. My wife can drive it.
That would probably work better. Why are they using steel and not something a bit more lightweight.
That's the standard 6MT gear shift.

What I really want to know is why BMW continues to use 2x2 twill carbon fiber when the roof is 1x1 plain. The only time everything matched was with the E46 M3 CSL. I hate 2x2 twill.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:53 AM   #216
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Quote:
Leaked info:
That's the standard 6MT gear shift.
What I really want to know is why BMW continues to use 2x2 twill carbon fiber when the roof is 1x1 plain. The only time everything matched was with the E46 M3 CSL. I hate 2x2 twill.
I suppose cost. It's a nice little toy. Not sure about the rear exhaust either.

Once all that is changed up I think it would be fun.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:55 AM   #217
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Big No

Wow after all that hype. Its an M2C with the carbon parts added.
BMW Marketing at full PSI again I see.

2020 Model Year only
2,200 will be produced worldwide (U.S. production numbers still TBD)
444 hp / 406 lb-ft torque Thats cool?
7600 rpm redline
6 speed manual or 7 speed DCT
3.8 second 0-60 (DCT) Neat
4.0 second 0-60 (manual) Neat
174 mph top speed Neato
Three radiators, an oil cooler, two pumps in the oil pan, oil sump baffle Not new
Transmission oil cooler (when equipped with DCT) Not new
Electronic locking differential in the rear helps maintain traction both on the track and in slippery situations Not new
Standard adaptive dampers with Comfort, Sport, and Sport+ modes About time?
Steel subframe bolted to the body frame without bushings Not new
Forged aluminum rear five-link suspension control arms and wheel hubs Interesting
15.75-inch vented rotors with 6-piston fixed calipers up front sure
14.96-inch vented rotors with 4-piston calipers in rear sure
Optional Carbon Ceramic Brakes waste of money
19-inch forged wheels in a staggered setup with 245/35R19 tires up front and 265/35R19s in back Same set up
High-gloss black finish wheels standard OK?
Matte gold finish wheels optional Ok..
Michelin Cup 2 tires or summer performance tires Nice addition
Carbon fiber vented hood (1/2 weight of steel hood, increases downforce and has cooling effect) looks the part
Carbon fiber front splitter, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, and M mirrors Now new
Carbon fiber transmission tunnel (saves 6 pounds) A whole 6 pounds guys
Carbon fiber roof About time?
Alcantara dashboard, armrests, and steering wheel Neato
CS badge embroidered on dashboard Brag rights
Black leather and Alcantara M Competition front seats featuring CS logo Looks like real leather this time around?
Embroidered BMW M Motorsport stripes on front seats Neat
4 exterior colors: Alpine White, Misano Blue Metallic, Black Sapphire Metallic and Hockenheim Silver Metallic Wow..
1 interior color: black WOW....
Only options are: 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, carbon ceramic brakes, matte gold wheels, and sticky Michelin Cup 2 tires.
Pricing and ordering details will be announced closer to the 2020 M2 CS's launch in spring 2020.

I don't know about you all, but at the price point this car is being pushed at there's not enough innovation going on.
For example:
1. Lack of HUD
2. ACTUAL weight reduction
3. Track ready car (I'm certain this car is tuned just good enough) with real suspension work
4. How about at the least coating that cow udder black??? Its not hard!
5. On that same line, that looks like the regular exhaust.. Not even an Mperformace exhaust eh?
6. Why not add some of their bucket seats? They are plug and play. Rear seat delete option maybe?

I'm not in the market for this car, and if I were, I would look at other offerings. It's just an M2C with a side of rice.
Appreciate 7
      11-05-2019, 04:13 AM   #218
usafmike
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 On Order (Aug Delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post
Wow after all that hype. Its an M2C with the carbon parts added.
BMW Marketing at full PSI again I see.

2020 Model Year only
2,200 will be produced worldwide (U.S. production numbers still TBD)
444 hp / 406 lb-ft torque Thats cool?
7600 rpm redline
6 speed manual or 7 speed DCT
3.8 second 0-60 (DCT) Neat
4.0 second 0-60 (manual) Neat
174 mph top speed Neato
Three radiators, an oil cooler, two pumps in the oil pan, oil sump baffle Not new
Transmission oil cooler (when equipped with DCT) Not new
Electronic locking differential in the rear helps maintain traction both on the track and in slippery situations Not new
Standard adaptive dampers with Comfort, Sport, and Sport+ modes About time?
Steel subframe bolted to the body frame without bushings Not new
Forged aluminum rear five-link suspension control arms and wheel hubs Interesting
15.75-inch vented rotors with 6-piston fixed calipers up front sure
14.96-inch vented rotors with 4-piston calipers in rear sure
Optional Carbon Ceramic Brakes waste of money
19-inch forged wheels in a staggered setup with 245/35R19 tires up front and 265/35R19s in back Same set up
High-gloss black finish wheels standard OK?
Matte gold finish wheels optional Ok..
Michelin Cup 2 tires or summer performance tires Nice addition
Carbon fiber vented hood (1/2 weight of steel hood, increases downforce and has cooling effect) looks the part
Carbon fiber front splitter, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, and M mirrors Now new
Carbon fiber transmission tunnel (saves 6 pounds) A whole 6 pounds guys
Carbon fiber roof About time?
Alcantara dashboard, armrests, and steering wheel Neato
CS badge embroidered on dashboard Brag rights
Black leather and Alcantara M Competition front seats featuring CS logo Looks like real leather this time around?
Embroidered BMW M Motorsport stripes on front seats Neat
4 exterior colors: Alpine White, Misano Blue Metallic, Black Sapphire Metallic and Hockenheim Silver Metallic Wow..
1 interior color: black WOW....
Only options are: 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, carbon ceramic brakes, matte gold wheels, and sticky Michelin Cup 2 tires.
Pricing and ordering details will be announced closer to the 2020 M2 CS's launch in spring 2020.

I don't know about you all, but at the price point this car is being pushed at there's not enough innovation going on.
For example:
1. Lack of HUD
2. ACTUAL weight reduction
3. Track ready car (I'm certain this car is tuned just good enough) with real suspension work
4. How about at the least coating that cow udder black??? Its not hard!
5. On that same line, that looks like the regular exhaust.. Not even an Mperformace exhaust eh?
6. Why not add some of their bucket seats? They are plug and play. Rear seat delete option maybe?

I'm not in the market for this car, and if I were, I would look at other offerings. It's just an M2C with a side of rice.

+1
No HUD-Really...on a $80K(ish) car. Probably my biggest complaint, along with that exhaust. Can't believe their management team let them get by with that thing dangling. Will make the jump to a M4 before they go out of production. Better value and you get more for your money.
Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      11-05-2019, 04:30 AM   #219
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Azing View Post
I thought I read somewhere months ago that the M Performance Exhaust was standard - does not look like the MPE , wonder if the MPE available on the M2C is an option and improvement to the stock ...
No MPE on this car, they can't sell the MPE in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
You wanted a bare bones track focused car. That's not even a CSL, that's a GTS.
It is CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Yeah the exhausttips. love them.

In bold. That's already on our M2/C. Dunno aubout the wheelhubs though...
Adaptive suspension is different from our cars.
And that carbon tunnel console, the rest we(or ROW/US cars) already have.

Cheers
Robin
So wait Robin.... Let's rephrase this again... The only thing that is new technical wise is the software in the ECU's, the fact you can get carbon ceramics and there is an additional suspension. LOLWUT

Design wise you get a butt load of carbon from the M Performance shopping list, three new carbon parts developed by BMW M (roof, bonnet and spoiler) and new tailpipes on an exhaust. Oh and in the interior there is a bit more Alcantara and carbon as well.

The carbon tunnel is great, but I would not be able to fit it if I want to keep my arm rest... Uhmmm

MR
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 05:04 AM   #220
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Jalopnik article says 500 to US. That's really limited.
Yeah it is, that's lower than the 1M USA Allocation!

Yikes 😳
Yeah but the 1M was $47k and a one-off!! No variants.

This will likely be $90k+

It's not really the same situation. The 1M was a car a LOT of people could have bought; this, like the M3CS and M4CS, is expensive and will only appeal to a limited audience.

The M3CS and M4CS didn't exactly fly off the shelves...

Personally this M2CS just looks like an M2C with every catalogued M accessory added; doesn't feel like a unique car in that respect.
JTO245246.50
PLF693762.50