BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > OEM endlinks ok for upgraded bars?

05-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
toy4speed
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

OEM endlinks ok for upgraded bars?

What is everyone running for swaybar endlinks when using the Dinan, H&R, or Hotchkis swaybar in front? Is the factory endlink fitting ok or do the aftermarket bars require a different length link? I guess assuming also the studs on the endlinks are proper diameter too.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4speed View Post
What is everyone running for swaybar endlinks when using the Dinan, H&R, or Hotchkis swaybar in front? Is the factory endlink fitting ok or do the aftermarket bars require a different length link? I guess assuming also the studs on the endlinks are proper diameter too.
Thanks!
I have the Dinan bars and links. Here is a pic of the Dinan front link compared to OEM. The threads are the same. The Dinan bolt threads into the OEM link just fine. The Dinan link is a little shorter, however it's not short enough to prevent the swaybar from hitting the control arm when suspension is at maximum travel when on a lift. However, it's perfectly fine during driving. I have not been able to find any shorter links available for our cars, so a custom link needs to be made if you want to correct that issue.

EDIT: I just looked at my previous thread about this issue and it was due to the location of the link bracket on the KW V3 coilovers being in a lower location than OEM. Because of this, I think stock links would be fine with stock suspension and possibly other aftermarket suspension.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1589062
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

13 5/8" for OEM link
13 3/16" for Dinan
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
toy4speed
Private
Rep

Awesome info, thanks! To save cash and minimize noise, I will go with stock endlinks and see how they fit. Sounds like it should work fine.

I founds these SPL endlinks at Bimmerworld.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/SPL-Race...-M2-M3-M4.html

If I need to run shorter links or to adjust preload, these could help.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 10:45 PM   #5
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4speed View Post
Awesome info, thanks! To save cash and minimize noise, I will go with stock endlinks and see how they fit. Sounds like it should work fine.

I founds these SPL endlinks at Bimmerworld.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/SPL-Race...-M2-M3-M4.html

If I need to run shorter links or to adjust preload, these could help.
The issue I have with those links is they are not sealed. Letting dirt in will degrade them over time.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 01:57 AM   #6
toy4speed
Private
Rep

Good point! Yes, they do mention for race or track only. So sealed, but adjustable in length would be the desired features. Must be something available!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
boony1968
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

I'm using the Turner endlinks from ECS. I believe they're 290-305's, but may have gone one size shorter. The measurements are on center vs end to end. They were mounted with my bar full still with the suspension loaded to have clearance about the same as OEM. Very little clearance when lifted but no contact.