BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > *** M2 Competition (S55) support now available with bootmod3 ***

11-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #683
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Heads up:
Once you flash one of the new tunes with the extra cooling feature and select extra cooling, you won't be able to turn it off and have the same cooling behavior. It will either be all sport modes extra cooling or all sport modes normal. Extra cooling in just Sport+ won't work. If you flash the stock tune then all is as it was with just Sport+ having extra cooling. Flashing back to a tune with the cooling feature will make sport modes be all cooling or all normal again.
You can go back to the original cooling profile by flashing the stock tune and then redownlading the BM3 tune you want to flash. This resets all the drop down menus. Don't select any option on the Max Cooling drop down, flash and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #684
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1000 View Post
I went back to the old Stage 1 93 Octane Version 8.7 and the 50% partial "throttle oscillation" around 5K RPMs in Sport+ went away completely.

However, Version 8.7 is not as smooth at lower RPMs as Version 9.0 which seems to have an improved torque delivery curve.

Hopefully PTF can address this on Version 9.1 since it would make the tune just about perfect.
I am thinking about doing the same with stage 2.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 11:03 PM   #685
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Man seems like customers are doing beta testing for their tunes, kind of glad I can't obd2 flash BM3 after reading stuff like this.
Their tunes are nothing short of amazing and dedication to always make things better and amazing support is really remarkable in this industry. Probably not wrong saying by now they’ve done most of these cars than anyone else will like 100 fold.
Appreciate 1
m20e30871144.00
      11-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #686
brad65ford
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

I'm running the V9 stage 2 93 tune and I'm not noticed any of what you guys are stating regarding oscillation,don't have a mt6 though I have the DCT
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 04:47 PM   #687
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Today I tried the new non beta cs+ tune (v9.0) during a track day and in sport plus was junk with choking throttle. Luckily sport was consistent so I didn't have to end my day early.

I never had issues prior with any of the tunes. Hopefully this gets fixed asap. I'll flash back to stage 1 93 (and the beta cs+ for track days) which I've run for months with no issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 08:46 PM   #688
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Today I tried the new non beta cs+ tune (v9.0) during a track day and in sport plus was junk with choking throttle. Luckily sport was consistent so I didn't have to end my day early.

I never had issues prior with any of the tunes. Hopefully this gets fixed asap. I'll flash back to stage 1 93 (and the beta cs+ for track days) which I've run for months with no issue.
There is no v9 for CS+ (it's still on v3.3). Halim@HCP mentioned in the link below that they didn't apply v9 torque band revisions to CS+. So basically they just removed the "beta" tag from the map name. CS+ and CS+ (BETA) are exactly the same per BM3.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25396096

However, what's interesting is that I also had a track day couple days ago and I was on the CS+ map (non-beta). Couple times I experienced similar "chocking throttle" issues that you mentioned, which never happened before. I thought it was just me because I had to run exhaust valves closed in Sport+ due to Laguna's sound restriction and thought it had affected the throttle little bit at certain times. I tracked on the CS+ (beta) multiple times before and never experienced anything like that (but again I was running exhaust valves open in Sport+ so not sure if they are related).
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #689
Kelvin1000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition MT Hoc

I can corroborate that the new CS+ (non-beta) map has the same throttle oscillation as the Stage 1 9.0 on Sport Plus around 5K during steady mid throttle inputs.

The old "beta" CS+ and the previous Stage 1 8.7 maps do not have this problem so there is definitely something going on with these updated maps and the new boost control calibration on Sport Plus.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #690
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Quote:

There is no v9 for CS+ (it's still on v3.3). Halim@HCP mentioned in the link below that they didn't apply v9 torque band revisions to CS+. So basically they just removed the "beta" tag from the map name. CS+ and CS+ (BETA) are exactly the same per BM3.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25396096

However, what's interesting is that I also had a track day couple days ago and I was on the CS+ map (non-beta). Couple times I experienced similar "chocking throttle" issues that you mentioned, which never happened before. I thought it was just me because I had to run exhaust valves closed in Sport+ due to Laguna's sound restriction and thought it had affected the throttle little bit at certain times. I tracked on the CS+ (beta) multiple times before and never experienced anything like that (but again I was running exhaust valves open in Sport+ so not sure if they are related).
Apologies for mixing up the versions and thanks for clarifying the beta vs non beta. The version I updated yesterday of that CS+ map is what caused my issues. It hadn't occurred before yesterday and was only in sport+. Prior maps had no issues and I've had significant time with CS, CS+, and Stg1 93, none of which ever had this.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 11:13 PM   #691
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Apologies for mixing up the versions and thanks for clarifying the beta vs non beta. The version I updated yesterday of that CS+ map is what caused my issues. It hadn't occurred before yesterday and was only in sport+. Prior maps had no issues and I've had significant time with CS, CS+, and Stg1 93, none of which ever had this.
No need to apologize I just wanted to make it clear share what I read in another thread. Hopefully we will get more clarification from proTUNING Freaks as to what they really changed. In the meantime, I will flashback to the CS+ beta and see...
Appreciate 1
Alfy79.00
      11-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #692
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
Their tunes are nothing short of amazing and dedication to always make things better and amazing support is really remarkable in this industry. Probably not wrong saying by now they’ve done most of these cars than anyone else will like 100 fold.
Still didn't provide any sort of response to my actual question of why they are releasing tunes that are not fully baked and are having actual customers beta test and make changes on production tunes. Doesn't make a potential customer feel too confident in buying the product.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #693
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Still didn't provide any sort of response to my actual question of why they are releasing tunes that are not fully baked and are having actual customers beta test and make changes on production tunes. Doesn't make a potential customer feel too confident in buying the product.
As a software developer, I can tell you that you will never ever get the same kind of real world results from internal testing that you will with customer beta testing. You can only cover so many variables in a lab or a small amount of internal test cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #694
AM9
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
I'm running the V9 stage 2 93 tune and I'm not noticed any of what you guys are stating regarding oscillation,don't have a mt6 though I have the DCT
Same none on DCT that I have noticed. Just smoother lower torque. Anyone with DCT having any issues?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 09:11 PM   #695
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Ok fair enough. Do you realize BMW also releases updates? So why do they do it? I mean all the R&D why is that so half baked? Its not about that and if you ran other tunes you’d appreciate how much BM3 is really ahead in terms of refinement. They’ve been tweaking things making them better on the S55 for how long 3 years now? BMW has been doing it since way before 2015 and you know what, fully OEM tune still bucks at times in Sport+. I enjoy what's been done but I realize there are different points of view.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 04:47 AM   #696
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
Same none on DCT that I have noticed. Just smoother lower torque. Anyone with DCT having any issues?
I am and plan to roll back.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #697
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
Ok fair enough. Do you realize BMW also releases updates? So why do they do it? I mean all the R&D why is that so half baked? Its not about that and if you ran other tunes you’d appreciate how much BM3 is really ahead in terms of refinement. They’ve been tweaking things making them better on the S55 for how long 3 years now? BMW has been doing it since way before 2015 and you know what, fully OEM tune still bucks at times in Sport+. I enjoy what's been done but I realize there are different points of view.
BMW doesn't release updates to tunes because the car stutters are certain rpm's in certain gears. I've never had an issue in 4 years with my M3 or year with my M2C. If they did there would be countless threads about the horrible OEM tune. I come to one BM3 thread and there are several people saying they are having problems with the latest update.

Defend it all you want but it doesn't make a prospective customer feel very good about buying the product when people are having to roll back because the latest production tune wasn't done right.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 11-05-2019 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #698
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

So no word from PTF/BM3 about the issues on latest update people are having??
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #699
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
So no word from PTF/BM3 about the issues on latest update people are having??
Hi chmura we're not aware of of any issues and nothing has been reported to our tech support. In fact all we have received is positive feedback. To address anything though we would need to get some data/feedback sent to support@protuningfreaks.com so a tuner can review.

In terms of the CS+ map, there were no changes there at all. What we changed is the name, removed the 'BETA' label on it. The map hasn't been revised and is running on countless S55s all over the World in varying ambients and we've only received nothing short of really positive feedback for that map.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #700
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

UPDATE: Map configuration screen descriptions for all settings and values available.

This should help those using the screen for the first time get a sense of what the values are if or when they may not be clear. I realize some of you will enjoy these being added right in the screen even though all of them are documented in the actively maintained bootmod3 User Manual.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #701
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Hi chmura we're not aware of of any issues and nothing has been reported to our tech support. In fact all we have received is positive feedback. To address anything though we would need to get some data/feedback sent to support@protuningfreaks.com so a tuner can review.

In terms of the CS+ map, there were no changes there at all. What we changed is the name, removed the 'BETA' label on it. The map hasn't been revised and is running on countless S55s all over the World in varying ambients and we've only received nothing short of really positive feedback for that map.
Awesome thank you for the feedback and your reply to update this thread. I am close to purchasing BM3 for my M2c (still deciding). This is what I wanted to hear since I am interested in the CS+ map.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #702
AM9
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
which mode? Sport +, MDM ? I will try to see if I experience the oscillations in that setup.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #703
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM9 View Post
Quote:
which mode? Sport +, MDM ? I will try to see if I experience the oscillations in that setup.
Sport+. didn't try with mdm, so normal mode with sport+
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #704
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Sport+. didn't try with mdm, so normal mode with sport+
Could it be that in Sport+ without MDM the traction control could be cutting the power due to all that torque. Try MDM, this mode will free up the traction control a bit.
Appreciate 0