BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BMW 2NH (M Sport Brake) shortage delaying deliveries?

08-24-2018, 02:41 AM   #89
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyzxf View Post
Interesting suggestion about getting A heavy discount on the carbon brakes instead. I will check with my guys at BMW.

Good luck with trying to use a very price non std option that BMW dont offer on M2C as leverage towards keep yr delivery on time !!!!

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 06:35 AM   #90
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Quote:
Hi, I am a enthusiastic BMW fan from UK and have a M2C on order.
The vehicle was due for 17th Sep delivery, but I was informed by my dealer last week: there is an overwhelming take rate of the 2NH (upgraded Sport brake) option and BMW's supplier cannot make those parts fast enough. My delivery date is postponed to November.
My dealer also said, if I can remove the 2NH option, my original delivery date can be maintained.

I have gone back to BMW and expressed my anger and refused the delayed. If this situation is true, I am not sure what my dealer can do.
Watched so many US owners collected their cars, (all with 2NH option), This smells a little fishy to me, has anyone received a similar message?
It is true, I was told the same thing. Ordering an M2C in the UK now with the big brake option will delay the car delivery to mid December or you can have it delivered mid Oct with standard brakes.

The only way round it is finding a build slot that someone has dropped out of who has specced the brake option.

It is Brembo who are struggling with the supply to BMW.
No sure this is enough justification to postpone an existing order. I can understand the impact on new orders.
Nothing new. M3s have been delayed due to cf parts, driveshafts, wheels, etc. it happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 07:55 AM   #91
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Anyone with delayed order any news? Still the same or orders back to original delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 08:12 AM   #92
crazyzxf
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
Anyone with delayed order any news? Still the same or orders back to original delivery date?
my order is still delayed until Nov. I am asked by my dealer for a visit later this week.
Will find out more and share.
      08-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #93
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
Two moved here in Prague, two didn't... It seems like the edge of delays is around week 36/37, early September.

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #94
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
My dealer demanded an official statement from BMW. They expect an answer from BMW by the end of this week.

As of today all M2C orders they have, including mine, are still delayed. My dealer had (and still hasn't) no info at all about what is going on. They only found out about all their delayed M2C orders because i told them to look twice and pointed out the possible shortage of the bbk.

Several german sources reported that the problem is "resolved" meanwhile and brakes are back in stock, but i have no evidence of that so far.

Last edited by ///M Houbi; 08-28-2018 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 04:05 PM   #95
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

My order is now confirmed end of November beginning of December - when I reminded them that my current car has to go back in November they only said try and extend your agreement with BMW finance for a few months! When I placed my deposit I was debating a new M4 comp or the M2C both at the time had a delivery time frame of September chose the M2C because it’s the amazing M2 with an M4 heart - now feeling a bit pissed that having placed a deposit in May I won’t see the car until Christmas..... BMW have me over a barrel!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 05:02 AM   #96
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
My order is now confirmed end of November beginning of December - when I reminded them that my current car has to go back in November they only said try and extend your agreement with BMW finance for a few months! When I placed my deposit I was debating a new M4 comp or the M2C both at the time had a delivery time frame of September chose the M2C because it’s the amazing M2 with an M4 heart - now feeling a bit pissed that having placed a deposit in May I won’t see the car until Christmas..... BMW have me over a barrel!
Same could have happened to the M4 Competition and a part that was on your built. It is what it is... These kind of delays are so hard to fix.

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 05:51 AM   #97
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Possible explanation: with using many ///M badges on a zillion BMW models, I guess that BMW currently suffers a shortage of those badges for the M2C 2NH calipers (and the red M Performance equivalent).
      08-29-2018, 05:52 AM   #98
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Same could have happened to the M4 Competition and a part that was on your built. It is what it is... These kind of delays are so hard to fix.

MR
You would think in this day and age that a company as sophisticated as BMW could organise their logistics of parts better than they have done, if i said to my customers that the solution I'm delivering for you, a key component has been under resourced so I now have to delay completion for a further 3 months - It wouldn't wash, and I run a relatively (comparable to BMW) small company!

These issues are not really forgivable when they invest so much time and money in new product lines, I would be very annoyed and embarrassed if I ran that product line inside BMW!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 07:56 AM   #99
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
You would think in this day and age that a company as sophisticated as BMW could organise their logistics of parts better than they have done, if i said to my customers that the solution I'm delivering for you, a key component has been under resourced so I now have to delay completion for a further 3 months - It wouldn't wash, and I run a relatively (comparable to BMW) small company!

These issues are not really forgivable when they invest so much time and money in new product lines, I would be very annoyed and embarrassed if I ran that product line inside BMW!
This is normal, oh so normal... Every brand has this and I have seen way worse than this in the supercar market space. Oh and try buying a Tesla. Be happy you have the same doors on both sides

MR
Appreciate 5
dmk087316.00
cptobvious2531.50
Robin_NL8716.00
BlkSVT388.50
AndrewC198910917.50
      08-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #100
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
This is normal, oh so normal... Every brand has this and I have seen way worse than this in the supercar market space. Oh and try buying a Tesla. Be happy you have the same doors on both sides

MR
Those Model 3s are starting to be as common as Camarys around here. However as the photo shows, $50,000. will get you two tone color door panels and a custom built car assembled in a tent at the Tesla parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #101
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Those Model 3s are starting to be as common as Camarys around here. However as the photo shows, $50,000. will get you two tone color door panels and a custom built car assembled in a tent at the Tesla parking lot.

Have a bet going with a buddy that Tesla will be bankrupt or will have sold for a pittance or been bought and then written off within the next 5 years. Was willing to put up $1,000 for the bet, but he said, "Nah, real gentlemen do wagers for $1." Ha!

I just want Tesla to stay in business for a little while longer, so that we keep getting the wack-a-doo headlines about Elon Musk! I mean, that is some entertaining reading!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #102
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Have a bet going with a buddy that Tesla will be bankrupt or will have sold for a pittance or been bought and then written off within the next 5 years. Was willing to put up $1,000 for the bet, but he said, "Nah, real gentlemen do wagers for $1." Ha!

I just want Tesla to stay in business for a little while longer, so that we keep getting the wack-a-doo headlines about Elon Musk! I mean, that is some entertaining reading!!!
Yeah, he has lost the plot. I hope it is temporary not because I care about Tesla, but because I am a space travel fan and I want to see the rocket ship side of his business go forward.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 03:23 AM   #103
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: M2C SO MT

Just talked to my dealer, no shift in production for me, 10th September beginning of production line. But, I don’t have the 2nh option. Anyway he doesn’t see any issues for european deliveries in the system.

So it seems to be fixed, at least for EU deliveries.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 03:24 AM   #104
GarryF
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SSII E90 M3

Went to see my dealer yesterday( in UK), my non 2NH car still due late September but he said a few of the 2NH orders had been put back a few mon

Also said it looked like their first one had arrived so I expect to see the first UK cars on the road on Saturday with the new reg
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 03:37 AM   #105
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post

I see more and more of them every day. I think they will actually make it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 03:39 AM   #106
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec02 View Post
Just talked to my dealer, no shift in production for me, 10th September beginning of production line. But, I don’t have the 2nh option. Anyway he doesn’t see any issues for european deliveries in the system.

So it seems to be fixed, at least for EU deliveries.
Also non 2NH and beginning production from 10sept (week 37) just like you.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 04:12 AM   #107
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

Mine has 2nh and it’s finished production waiting to be shipped. Finished production aug 23
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 04:32 AM   #108
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: M2C SO MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Also non 2NH and beginning production from 10sept (week 37) just like you.

Cheers
Robin
Yep, remember you have the same delivery date

Not Ruf CTR3, but nice feeling to have keys from M2C end of September also
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #109
n55co
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: G80X BSM

2NH Option, pick up at BMW Welt beginning of october.
Status is 112 now
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 01:52 PM   #110
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Status went to 5055 Confirmed by Production control (UK car) today, week 36 build with 2NH option, no delays. As posted earlier, think I'm right on the cusp as looks like week 37 builds onwards is where the delays are creeping in.
Appreciate 0