03-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #89
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako View Post
Um aren’t you the guy that knew one of your cars was in bad shape so you purposely unloaded it onto someone else before it fell apart?

Sounds like a pretty garbage thing to do to a fellow human for someone basically gloating about their financial position. JMO though

Edit: (I could be mistaking you for someone else in which case I apologize)
Where did you get that?

Not from anything that I posted.

Thanks very much, cretin.
      03-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #90
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Where did you get that?

Not from anything that I posted.

Thanks very much, cretin.
Post referred to is below:

Quote:
It was a great car, for its time. It also started to rust out at 6 years of age, and the body shop that worked on it told me to unload it within 2 years, because after that, it was going to disintegrate, rapidly, into a pile of rust.

During the mideast war/gas crisis of the late '70s, I had an extra gas tank installed in the trunk to increase gas capacity for those "odd-even day" gas station restrictions. In retrospect, I think I created a latter day Ford Pinto, and hope that whomever ended up with that car later did not get immolated in a rear-end crash
To your credit it could’ve been traded in & in that case I apologize. But your posts are so condescending that it made the 5 minutes it took to look that up so worth it .

Now let’s get back on topic
Appreciate 2
akkando5864.50
      03-06-2018, 02:01 AM   #91
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Where can I get a M2 competition with a n55? I want that car.
      03-06-2018, 05:36 AM   #92
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Seems like you've been speaking only tongue and cheek for several months then . Don't worry a lot of people will like it, farts and all. I can hear the journalist reviews already: 'Finally the 1/2er M gets a ground up M engine!'

Another positive thing is people who have been eyeing the N55 M2 and possibly even the 1M will be rewarded with potentially being able to enjoy those cars at a lower admission price on the pre-owned market
Not sure where you read I have been wishing anything bad about the M2 Competition before that one tongue in cheek statement. There has been none. I do believe that the M2 Competition will be around $60K or slightly more, so won't affect my N55's value at all, and have been stating that for a while if that is what you mean.

Will my M2 depreciate? Yes. 99% of cars depreciate. The only way it will not is in the scenario I described tongue in cheek - the M2 Competition being much more expensive while giving a terrible driving experience. I don't really expect that to happen. But for those who expect the value of the regular M2 to plummet, it won't. It was a great value new and is still an excellent car that is not too easy to find used. Its value will depreciate at a normal M-car rate.

We will soon all know where the Competition lands both price-wise and in terms of the final driving experience.
Appreciate 3
Chako105.00
LeeInCT85.00
      03-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #93
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Where can I get a M2 competition with a n55?
In your dreams or after a very expensive engine swap.
Appreciate 1
Chako105.00
      03-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #94
Chako
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Not sure where you read I have been wishing anything bad about the M2 Competition before that one tongue in cheek statement. There has been none. I do believe that the M2 Competition will be around $60K or slightly more, so won't affect my N55's value at all, and have been stating that for a while if that is what you mean.

Will my M2 depreciate? Yes. 99% of cars depreciate. The only way it will not is in the scenario I described tongue in cheek - the M2 Competition being much more expensive while giving a terrible driving experience. I don't really expect that to happen. But for those who expect the value of the regular M2 to plummet, it won't. It was a great value new and is still an excellent car that is not too easy to find used. Its value will depreciate at a normal M-car rate.

We will soon all know where the Competition lands both price-wise and in terms of the final driving experience.
+1 Very balanced post!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #95
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Post referred to is below:

To your credit it could’ve been traded in & in that case I apologize. But your posts are so condescending that it made the 5 minutes it took to look that up so worth it .

Now let’s get back on topic
You draw inferences from a post that are not true. I reported what the body shop told me. That was about a car from the 1973 model year, resold in 1983. It was resold in snow country. Virtually EVERY 2002 made in that era and driven in snowy places where road salt was used rusted out. You have no knowledge of how and to whom I sold this car and what they were told.

But you draw inferences based on zero knowledge about my character.

You, sir, are what I assumed you were when I responded to your ill-conceived post in the first place; a fool

Addendum: I sold the car in 1981, when it was 8 years old; it was my former 1993 325i that I kept for 10 years. I resold the 2002 to a coworker whom I worked with in the hospital I worked at. It was sold for very little money and in fact I only had enough money at that point to buy a VW Jetta, which is the car I replaced it with. I never heard anything but gratitude from that co-worker (a nurse) to whom I sold the 2002. My conclusion about you stands.

Last edited by champignon; 03-06-2018 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: correctness
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #96
Chako
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You draw inferences from a post that are not true. I reported what the body shop told me. That was about a car from the 1973 model year, resold in 1983. It was resold in snow country. Virtually EVERY 2002 made in that era and driven in snowy places where road salt was used rusted out. You have no knowledge of how and to whom I sold this car and what they were told.

But you draw inferences based on zero knowledge about my character.

You, sir, are what I assumed you were when I responded to your ill-conceived post in the first place; a fool

Addendum: I sold the car in 1981, when it was 8 years old; it was my former 1993 325i that I kept for 10 years. I resold the 2002 to a coworker whom I worked with in the hospital I worked at. It was sold for very little money and in fact I only had enough money at that point to buy a VW Jetta, which is the car I replaced it with. I never heard anything but gratitude from that co-worker (a nurse) to whom I sold the 2002. My conclusion about you stands.
I did mean to trigger you to be honest due to the condesending nature of some of your posts. Fool is a bit strong , although a short spurt of trolling for sure. That being said some things I posted were out of line to which I apologize.

Now how about that M2 Competition? (Farts and all)
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #97
Potatohead-M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
The market actually understands this, for example when the new 991 GT3/GT3RS came out, the older 997 GT3/GT3RS basically did not depreciate at all and in many instances appreciated.

I am willing to bet that a year from now the N55 M2 will Not follow the 997 GT3/RS trend and will depreciate after the S55 M2 comes out - will you take the other side of that bet, or are you the one embarrassing yourself? How much are you willing to put down?
There is a reason for this though. While the 997 GT3 did make less power than the 991 and all that, there are a lot of positives about it. It's smaller, lighter, it still has hydraulic steering. The 991 for someone that actually tracks the car is an inferior choice. The ante was upped with the 991.2 though, that engine is amazing.

Edit - I forgot the most important thing, 991.1 was PDK only also.

Last edited by Potatohead-M2; 03-06-2018 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #98
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did mean to trigger you to be honest due to the condesending nature of some of your posts. Fool is a bit strong , although a short spurt of trolling for sure. That being said some things I posted were out of line to which I apologize.

Now how about that M2 Competition? (Farts and all)
Thank you.