BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 2012 BMW 335is ---> 2015 Porsche Cayman

07-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #23
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I really like the Golf R and even the S3. They are very fun to drive and high quality. I used to own a 2007 GTI, and honestly am considering a Golf R or S3 as a commuter car.

Just so you know I'm not talking out my butt (overall sales increase but cayman dragging numbers down)
http://www.thedrive.com/flat-six-soc...rease-for-june
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #24
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 11:11 PM   #25
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
FYI, I'm not a retrogrouch. But just because something is new doesn't always mean it's better. Especially just because Porsche tells you it is.
Oh, my comment's in general and not directed at anyone in particular. I just get tired of hearing "the car's sound SUCKS" ad naseum like it sounds literally like farts lol. It sounds good, I dunno what else ppl want from a 4?

Sure, just cuz something's new doesn't=better automatically, but I think it's clear that this latest Cayman is much better than the previous one despite having 2 less cyls.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 07:19 AM   #26
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

chris harris really gets cars and what makes them enjoyable
he really preferred the 981 over the 718
just one man's view but a weighty one I would argue
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #27
Matt 335is
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SMB 50e | e92 n54

OP here, thanks for all the replies.

I've considered a TTRS or F-Type but Porsche is where I want to go, specifically a 2014 or newer Cayman.

I am new to Porsche and have zero bias towards 981 vs 718. I need to drive both, back to back if possible, to see which I prefer.

With that said, I am trying to avoid the initial depreciation thus the 981 makes more sense. After further research I have ruled out the base 981 and am concentrating on the S.

As of now I'm looking to stay in the low to mid $50Ks for a very well optioned S. After extensively researching all options it may take a year to locate my perfect car and the price to drop a little. I'm on the hunt!

I would be willing to stretch my budget into the $60Ks if the right GTS came along as I feel the depreciation would be less in the long run and I absolutely love all the extra options that come with it. That is the car I really want but just out of reach.

I have a feeling that my perfect Cayman will be cross country which will add to the cost of flying there and driving back or having it shipped.

Again, thanks for all the info!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 11:57 AM   #28
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Not sure what part of the country you're in but east coast seems to have plenty, just depends on what options you want. Black is easy to find too.
Appreciate 0