BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Break in Service during ED

08-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
AK993
Canada
Rep
Drives: S2000, 2019 BMW M2C ordered

Break in Service during ED

Hey Guys, So i'm doing ED for my incoming M2C and i'm having a hard time figuring out how to book a service appointment for break in service. I've tried E-mailing a couple of dealerships but i haven't been getting responses.

Is there a standard way of doing this ? I don't really want to wait until i'm there to scramble for an appointment or not have the service done and have to stay within the break in limits the entire time.

Anybody got any suggestions ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I would call them. Just make sure that you get the time zone right.
Entschuldigen Sie, ich habe eine Frage. sprechen sie Englisch?
There is likely someone there that will speak English with you.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

I think welt will make an appointment for you. Email or even better call welt and they will make an appointment for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 10:40 PM   #4
AK993
Canada
Rep

Awesome, I'll attempt those two options on Monday and see how we fare.
Appreciate the advice
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 11:46 PM   #5
VBM2
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

I did ED & didn't schedule my break-in until I got the car in Munich. I had mine done in Stuttgart, which has 2 dealerships. I unexpectedly ended up picking the one outside of town, but all was good. They had it for about 2 hours & €420...Once I got someone who spoke good English they had to take all my info since I had never had service performed there before. Any other questions just pm me.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 05:41 AM   #6
randyt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MGM 6MT M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
When I did my ED, I booked my break in service appointment online.

Using google maps, I found the dealerships in the area I expected to be. Their web sites had online service booking capabilities. Shortly after booking, the service department reached out to me.

Was very easy and efficient.
Appreciate 2
bobert858.50
AK993132.50
      08-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
AK993
Canada
Rep

Did you guys get a loaner or just wait at the dealership? My plan was to schedule it In Stuttgart so that I could do a few museums and maybe a factory tour while it was being serviced
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 08:31 AM   #8
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK993 View Post
Did you guys get a loaner or just wait at the dealership? My plan was to schedule it In Stuttgart so that I could do a few museums and maybe a factory tour while it was being serviced
It took my dealer all of 30 min to complete the break in service. Might as well wait.
      08-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #9
randyt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
In my case, they couldn't put me in the shop immediately. They didn't offer a loaner but provided mass transit tickets and I just went into town to poke around.

As long as I am thinking about mass transit... I arrived in Munich several days before I picked up my M2. The transit system in Munich is wonderful and we were able to easily tour everything in Munich using mass transit. Great & inexpensive way to get around.

At this point, I should mention the "Moovit" app. Wonderful app that will tell you pretty much anything you need to know about getting from one place to another via mass transit. Worked for me in Munich, Baden-Baden & Amsterdam.
Appreciate 2
bobert858.50
AK993132.50
      08-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #10
AK993
Canada
Rep

That's awesome advice, thank you.
It can get a bit daunting trying to plan the trip. Specially with wanting to check so many things off the bucket list.
Tried changing my dates to extend it on both ends but it was too late to change the pick up date.
Appreciate 1
randyt224.50
      08-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #11
randyt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
That's awesome advice, thank you.
It can get a bit daunting trying to plan the trip. Specially with wanting to check so many things off the bucket list.
Tried changing my dates to extend it on both ends but it was too late to change the pick up date.
Without a doubt, but you will have an awesome time.

As we played in and around Munich (and elsewhere) we met so many great people, the Germans are wonderful.

Lost my cell phone in the subway on day 1. Got in back in a Biergarten on evening 1. I was amazed.

If we were looking like typical tourists with a map in hand, someone would approach and ask if they could help. This happened several times. Only met two people that didn't speak English and we were still able to have fun together.

Sitting at a table in a Biergarten with a German family and their jack russell terrier was entertaining and quite a treat.

So many great experiences and people.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 06:27 AM   #12
AK993
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyt View Post
Without a doubt, but you will have an awesome time.

As we played in and around Munich (and elsewhere) we met so many great people, the Germans are wonderful.

Lost my cell phone in the subway on day 1. Got in back in a Biergarten on evening 1. I was amazed.

If we were looking like typical tourists with a map in hand, someone would approach and ask if they could help. This happened several times. Only met two people that didn't speak English and we were still able to have fun together.

Sitting at a table in a Biergarten with a German family and their jack russell terrier was entertaining and quite a treat.

So many great experiences and people.
I've spent quite a bit of time visiting Germany and I stand by the fact that it's the only place outside of Canada where i could see myself living. I've visited many places and though they are all interesting and unique there's always a sense of "but I'd prefer home to this long term" aside from Germany, where i spend the next several weeks looking for job postings or potential locations for a move.

I'm also really excited to see the Alps for the first time and figured that would be a great way to break in the vehicle before returning to germany for the break in service.

I don't know if interest in the M2C will be as high at the end of August but i'll try to get some photos and videos of it to post.

Maybe try to do a write-up to contribute.
Appreciate 1
randyt224.50
      08-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #13
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
I'm just finishing my ED. I ended up doing my service at Emil Frey SA in Geneva. I emailed them a few days before and they fit me right in and got the car done way ahead of schedule. Total was about 500 CHF.

If I had to do it again, I'd calculate mileage and have Welt schedule it based on where you'll be. I was stupid in that I didn't think about it until it was almost too late.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #14
Zugspitze
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

I had my running-in service performed for 318 Euros at Baum Automobile in Bad Neuenahr, which is near the Nürburgring. However, they were unable to deactivate the running-in check supposedly due to incompatible software. The Performance Center in SC took care of this prior to redelivery.

By the way, Bad Neuenahr is a very nice town to explore and grab a bite to eat while waiting for the service to be completed.
Appreciate 0