BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Extended Warranty and Service Plan

08-01-2018, 01:49 AM   #1
cya
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Extended Warranty and Service Plan

Hey Guys,

So I placed my order for an Black M2C last year and it should be coming in a few months. I’m wondering if anyone is planning to or has purchased extended warranty and bmws service plan. I can’t decide if it will be worth it? Any insight would be of great help. Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 04:52 AM   #2
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cya View Post
Hey Guys,

So I placed my order for an Black M2C last year and it should be coming in a few months. I’m wondering if anyone is planning to or has purchased extended warranty and bmws service plan. I can’t decide if it will be worth it? Any insight would be of great help. Thank you in advance!
I declined at my purchase, but the finance guy said that he would give me 2 weeks to think about it...I just wouldn't be able to roll it into the loan anymore. With my history with cars, I haven't been able to keep a car for more than like 2-3 years even when I originally planned on keeping it "forever." So, if history serves itself, it wouldn't make sense for me to purchase the extended warranty, however, I'm highly considering the wheels/tires warranty because I live in a new construction neighborhood, so there's a higher chance for nails and such.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by cya View Post
Hey Guys,

BMW extended warranties are great (gotten more than I paid multiple times) but I wouldn't buy one until the warranty is almost up.

Other than not knowing if you will have the car after 4 years, you can always shop around from any dealer and get some near invoice prices at any point before your warranty is up.

Maintenance plans are good too if you drive the car hard and get pads/rotors replaced relatively often, so long as you do the buy up for the one that covers brakes. Similar to the warranty, you can purchase this at any point as well before yours expires
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I'm going to go with the Geico Mechanical Breakdown insurance. Doesn't help with service but seems more economical than the extended warranty.
Appreciate 0