BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2C and European Delivery

05-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #45
diggis_tennis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
Yes, you can take delivery and not drive it. Tell them to send it to the ship but you really should enjoy it there!
Front plate is normally taped to the front bumper with double sided tape.
Where in NC? What dealership?
raleigh.. Leith BMW. i have IM'd you. i want to know where you got the ED discount for the M2C. basically which dealership ... i do want the option of ED.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 11:47 AM   #46
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

I have Euro Delivery (first allocation) in place, but I got it in writing at the beginning of the year with deposit. The dealer did not even know what the S55/M2 was back then, even in March when I reconfirmed, to them it was just a 2019 M2.

Went to dealer and built the car yesterday and they are honoring it, but noted, they have a long list with deposits since car was revealed. Now, everyone knows about the car and is excited to get allocations even more demand than for OG. I am on West Coast & Bay Area buyers will pay over MSRP, so considering my location I feel good.

Thanks to Artemis for confirming 6MT VINS end of 2017, I was ahead of the crowd on this car.
Appreciate 2
Cavpilot2k1023.00
chris7197334.00
      05-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #47
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Went to dealer and built the car yesterday and they are honoring it, but noted, they have a long list with deposits since car was revealed. Now, everyone knows about the car and is excited to get allocations even more demand than for OG. I am on West Coast & Bay Area buyers will pay over MSRP, so considering my location I feel good.
Figured this would happen once pricing was revealed.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 03:15 PM   #48
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Figured this would happen once pricing was revealed.
I hope by 2020 demand isn't so high. Don't want to fight over mark ups or ED.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #49
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Looks like quite a few have found dealers doing msrp. I’ve seen a couple mention msrp minus $2k usaa, that is a good deal. Seems like it will be similar situation to early M2. With some dealers doing their normal bs markups.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #50
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

That's what I am looking at also, for an EOP purchase, so I get all features and options they are going trickle in the next few years.. #NoRegrets

If history has showed anything; the best time to negotiate is when they announce the next "G" generation M2 (S58 ?), it puts you in better position to demand a discount IMO..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #51
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That's what I am looking at also, for an EOP purchase, so I get all features and options they are going trickle in the next few years.. #NoRegrets

If history has showed anything; the best time to negotiate is when they announce the next "G" generation M2 (S58 ?), it puts you in better position to demand a discount IMO..
I doubt they have the m2c around when the b58 (lol) or s58 m2 is announced. Probably have a gap between models like the m3. However the G series 340 and m3 will be all hyped up then with the m4 shortly which will take some orders away from the M2C.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      05-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #52
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Quote:

I doubt they have the m2c around when the b58 (lol) or s58 m2 is announced. Probably have a gap between models like the m3. However the G series 340 and m3 will be all hyped up then with the m4 shortly which will take some orders away from the M2C.
I agree that there will probably be a gap.
They don't want to run into the problem they're having now if M2s sitting on lots because everyone is waiting on the Comp.

I'm number two on my dealer's list for ED but I'm going to let some folks ahead of me and wait until MY2020, partly because that's when my next trip to Germany is planned for (OCT 2019) and partly because I am hoping they will add more colors for 2020 (like bringing back MGM).
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #53
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

There will be a gap from 11/2020 eop. Usually one year between eop and sop of next gen.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #54
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I agree that there will probably be a gap.
They don't want to run into the problem they're having now if M2s sitting on lots because everyone is waiting on the Comp.

I'm number two on my dealer's list for ED but I'm going to let some folks ahead of me and wait until MY2020, partly because that's when my next trip to Germany is planned for (OCT 2019) and partly because I am hoping they will add more colors for 2020 (like bringing back MGM).
I don't see why they couldn't allow all the 2 series colors on tht m2 but I don't really understand manufacturering. Who knows, meeting they upgrade tht facility, but I think it's more likely three just use other colors at the factory on the m2c or a CS or whatever. They have a red I think and estoril blue. MG could come back but it seems more likely that lands on the CS because they took it away.

What is the logic for not allowing the full 2 series colors on the m2? They think people buy 240 or m4 instead?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #55
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
I don’t think you’re going to have a problem at all. There are currently +15 M2s sitting on lots in the Bay Area. Some have been there for months. It always feels like a gold rush when a new model comes out (especially on this forum because everyone is an enthusiast), but that’ll eventually wane.
      05-29-2018, 10:15 PM   #56
H82BL8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m2 competition now m2CS

Hi guys
new member here
I'm booked for Euro Delivery September for m2Comp
I am looking forward to being back in an M car since departing with my E92 three years ago.
new m4, I was so disappointed and didn't buy. M2Comp better be good.
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50
      05-29-2018, 11:12 PM   #57
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H82BL8 View Post
Hi guys
new member here
I'm booked for Euro Delivery September for m2Comp
I am looking forward to being back in an M car since departing with my E92 three years ago.
new m4, I was so disappointed and didn't buy. M2Comp better be good.
Congrats.
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50
      06-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #58
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

When can we start discussing a group ED like some members did with the M2? Spoke to my dealer and 4/15 is the cut off where BMW doesn't require snow tires to be mounted on car. Perhaps right around then?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #59
Winterstorm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition (04/2019)

In reagrds to shit EU and emission regulations (OPF, WLTP), the official M2C release in Germany has been postponed to August 2018
There are not engough testing centers available. A lot of other Vendors and models also affected. A lot of people very disapointed about that.
Lucky guys in other countries.... you will get the M2C's min. 6 month earlier then the guys in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #60
Nachtsturm
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S / LS460

Was reading about the ED on their website, for those that have done it, did you do the compact version or one of the others?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #61
H82BL8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m2 competition now m2CS

BMW Canada sent these...Nice touch
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M3_WC1040.00
seis-speed2430.50
      06-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #62
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
When can we start discussing a group ED like some members did with the M2? Spoke to my dealer and 4/15 is the cut off where BMW doesn't require snow tires to be mounted on car. Perhaps right around then?
I don't think the Welt requires them at all. When I picked up my X3 in Dec. with summers, dealer told me it was at my own risk and no one said anything about it during the delivery process.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #63
C_Competition
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

We dont have a law in germany that requires winter tires during specific months. Its always based on how the weather is. If its sunny and warm the day you pick it up in january for example, you dont need them. If you want to drive on a freezing day with snow in for example july (never happens) you would need them
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #64
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
I don't think the Welt requires them at all. When I picked up my X3 in Dec. with summers, dealer told me it was at my own risk and no one said anything about it during the delivery process.
BMW Welt winter month policy:

Quote:
Important Information: European Pick Up During Winter Months

Germany passed a ruling that requires drivers to properly equip their vehicles according to inclement weather conditions. From October 15th until April 15th, driving conditions are dangerous due to ice or snow, cars must be equipped with AllSeason tires (also called 'M+S tires'). There might be street sections for which snow tires or even snow chains are declared mandatory. This often is the case for ski resorts and alpine passes. It is the responsibility of the carowner and driver to equip their vehicle appropriately for the prevailing weather conditions. If you do not appropriately equip your vehicle for the weather conditions that exist during your drive, obstruct traffic or get involved in an accident as a result thereof, it is possible you may be cited for a violation of the law by the local authorities or be found to be grossly negligent according to the law. Other countries you may visit including Austria and Switzerland may also have similar laws. If the Police find that you are not equipped with the appropriate items when the weather conditions deem them necessary, and if the officer feels that other traffic participants have been endangered, they have the authority to fine a driver 20 Euros or in some cases significantly higher.

Please carefully review the options, packages, wheels and standard equipment of the vehicle you ordered with your Client Advisor. Depending on the model and packages you selected, the wheels and tires may change. You should ensure you have the proper tires and wheel for theclimate in which you plan to drive.

Customers have the option to leave their vehicle at BMW Welt for shipment to the U.S. if they prefer not to drive. There will be a fee of 70 Euro cash (no credit cards accepted), payable to the BMW Welt, for transportation of the vehicle from the Welt to the Munich drop off location.
Appreciate 1
randyt224.50
      06-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #65
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Competition View Post
We dont have a law in germany that requires winter tires during specific months. Its always based on how the weather is. If its sunny and warm the day you pick it up in january for example, you dont need them. If you want to drive on a freezing day with snow in for example july (never happens) you would need them
Exactly, they're only required if current weather conditions require them. It's at your own risk if you're going to end up needing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
BMW Welt winter month policy:
At least for Germany this has actually changed and will need to be updated. Tires manufactured after Jan. 1, 2018 with just the M+S symbol don't meet the requirements for driving in winter conditions. They must have the three peak mountain snowflake symbol to be considered a winter tire.

https://www.stuttgartcitizen.com/ann...s-change-2018/
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #66
akbm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
I was part of the Bimmerpost Euro Delivery group back in June 2014 for the F8x M3 and M4. Also met up with the M Tour M2 Euro Delivery Group in May 2016 at Spa Francorchamps.

I am on the list for an M2C and currently planning on Euro Delivery for May/June 2019. Would like to do a track day again at Spa and the obligatory pilgrimage to the Nürburgring along with some scenic drives through the Alps.

Current: '16 Porsche GT4
'15 F82 M4 (BIMMERPOST Euro Delivery Group 6/23/14)
Retired: '10 E90 335i / '03 E39 530i / '97 E36 M3 Coupe / '93 E36 325is
Appreciate 3
M3_WC1040.00
filet.M2c784.00