BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M Performance Exhaust - Installation Tips and Tricks

11-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
M2UROTRSH
@M2UROTRSH
Rep
Drives: M2

M Performance Exhaust - Installation Tips and Tricks

Hi everyone, finally got in my big shipment of parts for the M2, and I've got nearly everything on so far (CF mirror caps, black grill, black side grills, painted front reflectors), and the one big piece that remains is the M Performance Exhaust with the 4 CF tips.

I looked on the forum and on google, and can't find any how-to's or videos for self-installing the M Performance Exhaust. Anyone got any tips or tricks to share before I attack it tomorrow? It looks like the stock piping needs to be cut, just forward of the brace, anything special about running the wires through to the trunk to enable the BT control?

The only thing I could find online that could help a bit is this how-to from the F80 forum:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1226950

While I work on the exhaust, I'll also be throwing on the M Performance CF diffuser, the Acexxon honeycomb rear reflector replacements, and the M Performance CF spoiler to finish up the last of the M2 mods until I decide on a front lip.

Thanks for any and all tips before I start hacking apart my car
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
M2UROTRSH
@M2UROTRSH
Rep
Drives: M2

I finally finished up the installation yesterday. Cutting the existing pipe was the only really difficult part (and what a pain that was! First tip: do not use a loaner exhaust pipe cutter tool, buy a new one!). I took a bunch of photos and will be posting a How-To this week to hopefully help out some other members. The exhaust sounds *so* deep and mean though, really happy with it. More soon!
Appreciate 5
QM287.00
Alby_416114.50
bm230.50
      11-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #3
XProject
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

Nice! Can’t wait for the pictures and tips.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
MdMcoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Mcoupe (blown/track toy)

Interested to know what a exhaust pipe cutter tool is?
Band saw, Sawzall, chop saw.... Hack saw lol....?
Appreciate 0