01-13-2020, 06:00 AM   #617
///Driver
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison kayy View Post
they are willing to drop it to 109k.. any one no if this a good or bad price? Obviously brand new
Hey Harrison,

This post might interest you. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1679181
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 05:36 AM   #618
Harrison kayy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
Quote:
Hey mate, curious to know what pricing you received for the m2 comp? I’m
Going to possibly order one next week. I have been shopping around RRP with what I wanted came in at 124k, they are willing to drop it to 109k.. any one no if this a good or bad price? Obviously brand new
What options/color do you wish to add?
I'd suggest 100 - 110k for built order depending on the options, like Mbrake, roof, and metallic etc.
Hockenheim silver, upgraded M brakes, apple car play, wireless phone charging, sun protection glazing, heated seats. That's all I quoted for
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #619
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Hockenheim silver, upgraded M brakes, apple car play, wireless phone charging, sun protection glazing, heated seats. That's all I quoted for
AFAIK, there is no stock for the color in Australia.
The car seems quite popular so the discount amount can be tight.
Someone with corp platinum were able to manage with Mbrake for 100k to be built in Feb/20.
You do your maths to add extra options if you're also the Platinum member.

I read German brands will have to hike the price sooner or later because AUD was quite low.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 10:02 PM   #620
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Shouldn't be necessary given the average over the past year

AUD/EUR chart from the XE Currency app, https://www.xe.com/chart/?from=AUD&to=EUR
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 11:52 PM   #621
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR25IO View Post
Here is a sneak peak of many things to come
Well, looks like I'm finally joining the party a year late.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 03:33 AM   #622
oz800r
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

A year late but hopefully quite a few $$$$ less
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 05:23 AM   #623
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz800r View Post
A year late but hopefully quite a few $$$$ less
Ah, the dealer msrp for the m2c went up by $3,000 across the range after May.
Luckily I secured a very good deal for build to order regardless.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #624
dkr
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: an M car.

Thread bump. Anyone know what pricing is like with the impact of severely reduced new car sales?

I'm looking to upgrade from my M140i, and unless WAY is prepared to sell me his, I'm looking at putting in an order in the next few months before these go EOP next year.

Looking at manual (preferred) or DCT (if in stock). HS or LBB, 788M Jet Black wheels, Sunroof and thru-loading based on the revised build with heated seats and wireless now included. A price starting with a "9" would be the hope. Too optimistic given factories have closed, limiting supply or are dealers appropriately motivated right now?

Last edited by dkr; 06-26-2020 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 01:51 AM   #625
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkr View Post
Thread bump. Anyone know what pricing is like with the impact of severely reduced new car sales?

I'm looking to upgrade from my M140i, and unless WAY is prepared to sell me his, I'm looking at putting in an order in the next few months before these go EOP next year.

Looking at manual (preferred) or DCT (if in stock). HS or LBB, 788M Jet Black wheels, Sunroof and thru-loading based on the revised build with heated seats and wireless now included. A price starting with a "9" would be the hope. Too optimistic given factories have closed, limiting supply or are dealers appropriately motivated right now?
Hi Dkr,

I got a build to order starting with a 9, it is definitely possible. Keep in mind I went in there in the middle of May when it was very quiet for them, I believe things have picked up significantly since.

My order was HS, DCT, 437M and through load (I changed from sun glazing).

The sunroof will probably cost more as that's one of the expensive options on the list, however the MSRP for the manual is only 102,990 with no options so getting to the 9s for a manual should be a breeze.

After ordering mine late May, my car already has a VIN and should be rolling off the production line next week. Seems the factory is back in full swing.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #626
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Attached is the May 2020 dealer guide
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf M_Specification Guide - M2 Competition (F87)_0520.pdf (1.61 MB, 131 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 07:56 AM   #627
dkr
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the reply and insights AUSf22... Will speak with the dealer in the next few days and see where things pan out.

I picked up my 140i from a service on Friday and asked to speak to the guy that sold me the car, but he'd left about 9 months ago. They handed me to another guy that I've never really had a great vibe with, so we'll see where we come out. More than happy to go to SYD or MEL, or even BNE if anyone has a good salesperson prepared to do a deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #628
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkr View Post
Thanks for the reply and insights AUSf22... Will speak with the dealer in the next few days and see where things pan out.

I picked up my 140i from a service on Friday and asked to speak to the guy that sold me the car, but he'd left about 9 months ago. They handed me to another guy that I've never really had a great vibe with, so we'll see where we come out. More than happy to go to SYD or MEL, or even BNE if anyone has a good salesperson prepared to do a deal.
Hi Dkr, no problem.

I do have a excellent salesman at BMW Sydney, I've recently referred another friend to him for a build to order and this is the news we got in regards to their particular allocations;

- September build earliest available now -> Delivery around Dec

If the wait time doesn't sway you, feel free to PM and I'll send you over his details.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 03:44 AM   #629
dkr
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Not worried on the wait time. I waited near 9 months for a MkV Golf GTI back in the day...

I'll see how I go with the sales guy tomorrow then consider options. If I'm not happy where we end up, I'll hit you up for more details.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 03:31 AM   #630
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Hey everyone,

Anyone know when the last build and order slots are for the m2 comp? I'm considering one and want to know how much time I still have left.

I'm currently in a e92 m3 comp with dct. Loving it but I'm missing the e46 size and feel around corners. Just concerned with switching from instant NA throttle and that engine sound as the aural experience is an important part for me but so is the small chassis feel of the e46/m2 size.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 04:42 AM   #631
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
Hey everyone,

Anyone know when the last build and order slots are for the m2 comp? I'm considering one and want to know how much time I still have left.

I'm currently in a e92 m3 comp with dct. Loving it but I'm missing the e46 size and feel around corners. Just concerned with switching from instant NA throttle and that engine sound as the aural experience is an important part for me but so is the small chassis feel of the e46/m2 size.
Not sure on end dates for ordering, but seriously don't be concerned with throttle response of the M2c. On track it's superb. You can't beat the s65 sound, but I quite like the uniqueness of the s55 sound in the M2 application.
Appreciate 1
Hazey82276.50
      07-31-2020, 05:40 AM   #632
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
End of production for the F87 M2 is June 2021
Appreciate 2
Hazey82276.50
Davil6333.50
      09-24-2020, 08:14 AM   #633
Robbyjai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

i got mine for 85k. Brand new off a boat.

Mine came with

- DCT
- Sunroof
- Wireless charger
- BBK Kit
- Heat Seating
- Apple Car Play
- Tinted Windows

So pretty much most of the options i could get.... and then i basically with all the money i saved..... decked it out in m performance gear

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #634
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyjai View Post
i got mine for 85k. Brand new off a boat.

Mine came with

- DCT
- Sunroof
- Wireless charger
- BBK Kit
- Heat Seating
- Apple Car Play
- Tinted Windows

So pretty much most of the options i could get.... and then i basically with all the money i saved..... decked it out in m performance gear

[IMG]https://scontent.fsyd8-1.fna.fbcdn.n...38;oe=5F92E558[/IMG]
What a bargain. Congrats !!
      09-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #635
Robbyjai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
What a bargain. Congrats !!
I know... i actually went into the BMW dealership with no intention to buy an M2 C... just to have a look and tire kick cos i had my heart set on a Porsche Cayman Gt4.. or AMG A45 S .... but the BMW dealer was the closest and I was able to negotiate a deal I just couldnt resist.....

so i never made it to he Porsche dealer or Merc Dealer that same day (I had set aside an entire day to visit all 3 dealers)

and i have to admit... no regrets.. the car is a great looking car... and along with the Porsche Cayman GT4 ... the best looking car
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 08:20 PM   #636
rayw
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C AW 6MT

hi Robby
Do you mind sharing the dealer and the salesperson who did the deal for you ?
Much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 06:35 AM   #637
Robbyjai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Hi Dkr, no problem.

BMW Sydney
worse mob you can ever go to ... these guys on average are more expensive than any other dealer..... despite being a previous customer.... and literally PLONKING money on the table saying i was ready to go.. and the dude i was dealing with was the sales manager of the joint..

Walked in.. BMW M2C... no option was a 2019 Build been sitting around... MSRP of 120k... bare basic.. already in stock..... negotiated and negotiated and couldnt get them to budge any shorter than 105k.. and i knew there was more room in it.. so i buggered off and gave up

went straight to North Shore Chatswood and negotiated there cos i live around that area and bought my recent x5 from them...

straight off the bat without much haggling for a brand new 2020 Built Car was able to negotiate it down to 95k.. no problems. didnt have to try hard... hard bargaining got it down to 90k happy to go... was about to plonk a deposit... mate told me hang on... one more dealer to go.

Went to the final dealer.. told them what North Shore BMW was offering for M2C.. they found one ON a boat.. with all the options

M Big Brake Kit
Wireless
Heated Seats
Sunroof

2020 build.... white.... negotiated that sucker down 85k. hard bargain.

.. Case number 2.

My mate, bought ordered a BMW X5 from Sydney BMW... my mate screwed them down and he thought the price was ok... 30D Basic Spec nothing fancy.

Got the car down to 103k discounted. He was reasonably happy with it. plonked his deposit down.

I went in to my M2 Dealer. And Said my mate wants to buy an X5 ..... drove a hard bargain and got the sucker down to 94k.

Another mate recently bought an X4 same experience... I was able to drive a better deal for him at another dealer for a better price than what BMW Sydney could offer.

3 Seperate experiences and 3 times, the "Best Price" Syd BMW could offer was significantly way off what the other dealers were willing to do

Sorry I wouldnt bother going into BMW Sydney
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 04:03 AM   #638
eriktufa
3r1k
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i

Just want to clarify that it is a M2 Competition and $85,000 is drive away price?
The picture has CS wheels so it was an upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyjai View Post
worse mob you can ever go to ... these guys on average are more expensive than any other dealer..... despite being a previous customer.... and literally PLONKING money on the table saying i was ready to go.. and the dude i was dealing with was the sales manager of the joint..

Walked in.. BMW M2C... no option was a 2019 Build been sitting around... MSRP of 120k... bare basic.. already in stock..... negotiated and negotiated and couldnt get them to budge any shorter than 105k.. and i knew there was more room in it.. so i buggered off and gave up

went straight to North Shore Chatswood and negotiated there cos i live around that area and bought my recent x5 from them...

straight off the bat without much haggling for a brand new 2020 Built Car was able to negotiate it down to 95k.. no problems. didnt have to try hard... hard bargaining got it down to 90k happy to go... was about to plonk a deposit... mate told me hang on... one more dealer to go.

Went to the final dealer.. told them what North Shore BMW was offering for M2C.. they found one ON a boat.. with all the options

M Big Brake Kit
Wireless
Heated Seats
Sunroof

2020 build.... white.... negotiated that sucker down 85k. hard bargain.

.. Case number 2.

My mate, bought ordered a BMW X5 from Sydney BMW... my mate screwed them down and he thought the price was ok... 30D Basic Spec nothing fancy.

Got the car down to 103k discounted. He was reasonably happy with it. plonked his deposit down.

I went in to my M2 Dealer. And Said my mate wants to buy an X5 ..... drove a hard bargain and got the sucker down to 94k.

Another mate recently bought an X4 same experience... I was able to drive a better deal for him at another dealer for a better price than what BMW Sydney could offer.

3 Seperate experiences and 3 times, the "Best Price" Syd BMW could offer was significantly way off what the other dealers were willing to do

Sorry I wouldnt bother going into BMW Sydney