BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > XPEL Ceramic Tint

07-04-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
shb5007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 M3C

XPEL Ceramic Tint

Has anyone done this?

If so… what was the cost?

Any thoughts? Feedback?

I was just given a quote of $660. I just want to make sure that is “in line” with the normal cost… and is it worth it (versus a more traditional tint). I am in Virginia, USA
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:30 AM   #2
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

You'd need to provide a little more information as XPEL makes two and also does that include the windshield?

I have XPEL Prime XR without windshield. Although in hindsight I should have done the windshield, not because I want it darker but the heat rejection. I think I will end up going back and getting the lightest film on the windshield just for that reason as when it has been hot here the car is certainly cooler than when it wasn't tinted, but I could still feel heat through the windshield.

If that is XR and includes the windshield it is not bad, but also not a great price. Without windshield it is quite high.
Appreciate 0