BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Eventuri Intake

01-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #23
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
On my tests done on other cars showed differently. Lower intake vacuum and lower temperature due to a better flow.. It is easier to se the fuel trims to understand. Not s55 related by I have many cars data
What kinda % gains are we talking about? Just curious not trying to be combative, I just know you have a lot of experience.
A better flow doesn't mean lot of gains. The gains are higher when needed. I give you an example. On a huracan performante we saw a gain of 7 peak horsepower and an average of 4 hp all over the range. Once in the car was installed a full exhaust ( headers,high flow cat and "rear" section) with a more aggressive tune we saw a gain ok 8 peak horsepower but an average of 11hp in the range. Said so I can tell you that the difference is not noticeable in any cases but it was there. Even though the intake system,nor the cam has been touched it was able to provide a better air density in to the cylinder due to a better flow. Now it is pretty imaginable that on a stock system the oem filter is enought for its job but on a tuned car it my be not.
I always like to use filter for convenience,for also an economic point of view ( which is funny on a lambo price &#129315 and for having the enough air when I needed. We also tested an eventuri and we saw a drop in horsepower.