BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Mineral Grey Paint

10-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #1
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Mineral Grey Paint

Hey guys,

Was wondering what everyone's experience is with repainting the MG color. I once had a car scratch my front bumper so I sent it in to get the bumper resprayed but the result came out darker in paint despite being color matched and mixed by machine.

I went to other shops and they all said they wouldn't be able to do a better job matching the color due to "new paints being water-based"and shops in Lebanon apparently not having the facilities to paint that type of paint.

I made sure they used PPG's paint and clear coat for the whole job.

So I just wanna see other people's experience with this issues so I know whether I can fix it or just live with it.

Thanks
      10-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
Hey guys,

Was wondering what everyone's experience is with repainting the MG color. I once had a car scratch my front bumper so I sent it in to get the bumper resprayed but the result came out darker in paint despite being color matched and mixed by machine.

I went to other shops and they all said they wouldn't be able to do a better job matching the color due to "new paints being water-based"and shops in Lebanon apparently not having the facilities to paint that type of paint.

I made sure they used PPG's paint and clear coat for the whole job.

So I just wanna see other people's experience with this issues so I know whether I can fix it or just live with it.

Thanks
I would usually give them my gas door so they can match it to the car correctly.