BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Feeler: M2C front lip spoiler for M2 OG

05-06-2020, 01:43 AM   #199
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
It's amazing when I started this thread almost exactly a year ago, I couldn't find a Comp style lip for the OG anywhere other than the cheap knockoffs that had quality issues. Fast forward to now, and I'm starting to see them everywhere and when I ask owners where they got them I'm finding they're being recreated all over the place by different vendors.

I'm thankful Jack@AUTOID stepped up and is making this happen for us, and although there are a number of sources to buy them now I'm keeping my order with Auto ID to "support those who support us".

My only concern is the slipping of the shipping dates that have delayed the project from an original delivery date in January delayed several times to now shipping (hopefully) on May 18th. I'm sure many owners are anxious to have their new lip spoilers mounted as the nice weather rolls in. Jack, please do your best to ship these on time by May 18th.
I've seen closeups of the various lips of this style floating around. Fitments have been pretty bad on the ones I've seen.

I'm hoping AutoID's offering will bring a legit quality piece to the market but understand with the world situation going on, delays are understandable
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 08:40 AM   #200
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

I found this site > https://www.aeroluxeautoboutique.com...2c-style-a5mfs < however i've found zero information anywhere about them. That M2C style front lip looks better than the other knock-offs i've seen.

Their social media picture of that lip on the white car has California tags on it. Maybe this M2 belongs to someone here on the forums and can give an input?

I'm a bit to skeptical from ordering from an unknown site though (looks like a newish site that's about 6 months old).

Last edited by StarMan; 05-06-2020 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 08:58 AM   #201
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
I found this site > https://www.aeroluxeautoboutique.com...2c-style-a5mfs < however i've found zero information anywhere about them. That M2C style front lip looks better than the other knock-offs i've seen.

Their social media picture of that lip on the white car has California tags on it. Maybe this M2 belongs to someone here on the forums and can give an input?

I'm a bit to skeptical from ordering from an unknown site though (looks like a newish site that's about 6 months old).
I follow the owner of that white M2 and the fitment of the winglets isn't angled correctly in the pics that were posted on their IG.
Appreciate 1
StarMan351.50
      05-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #202
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
It's amazing when I started this thread almost exactly a year ago, I couldn't find a Comp style lip for the OG anywhere other than the cheap knockoffs that had quality issues. Fast forward to now, and I'm starting to see them everywhere and when I ask owners where they got them I'm finding they're being recreated all over the place by different vendors.

I'm thankful Jack@AUTOID stepped up and is making this happen for us, and although there are a number of sources to buy them now I'm keeping my order with Auto ID to "support those who support us".

My only concern is the slipping of the shipping dates that have delayed the project from an original delivery date in January delayed several times to now shipping (hopefully) on May 18th. I'm sure many owners are anxious to have their new lip spoilers mounted as the nice weather rolls in. Jack, please do your best to ship these on time by May 18th.
Curious where you are finding them popping up everywhere? I looked recently (maybe 2-3 weeks ago) and all I could find were people distributing the same cheap Chinese knock-off with no mounting instructions and poor reviews/fit (looked like you just drilled into the bumper to install).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@AUTOID View Post
Thats a lip from 3rd party distributor called Sabon Carbon, they didn't make it.

Fitment isn't great, the winglets aren't the right shape and no OEM mounting points. To top it off, its wet-laid carbon fibre - so its heavier and not as durable.

Our new lip is pre-preg carbon fibre (same as M Performance), meticulously redesigned to fit the M2 and match the M2C MP lip and fitment tested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f87_m2c View Post
This is ALL INCORRECT!!!! This is my company's lip. This lip is made from REAL carbon fiber. It's not wet laid! It's actually apoxy resign.... It's hand made in house in Hershey PA. Thank you though for discrediting my parts as I've never done to your company. We have also been the first USA based company to produce the all new M2 CS lip.
No idea how the Beyond Legal Limits one looks because there are zero pictures on their website of it installed on the OG M2 so hard to judge fitment. That being said, the website also says it's installed with double side 3M tape and that "drilling is possible" so I'm not sure how mounting works but it doesn't sound nearly as seamless as the AutoID one. Also, "apoxy resign" I'm assuming he means "epoxy resin" which can be wet laid or pre-preg (dry). More detailed information and pictures would go a long way.

That being said, at pretty much the same price I feel like the AutoID one is a no brainer. Jack's been great about documenting the process and receptive to feedback, etc. Hopefully the first batch ships soon!

Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      05-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #203
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Its been a while these lips have been released, anyone have more pics from different angles with this lip on?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #204
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Its been a while these lips have been released, anyone have more pics from different angles with this lip on?
The chinese virus delayed everything. As far as I'm aware, AutoID doesn't even have them yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 02:35 AM   #205
ItisMrQ
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 2018 (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
The chinese virus delayed everything. As far as I'm aware, AutoID doesn't even have them yet.
Just jumped on this band wagon and sent out a pre order. I hope everyone is staying safe out here!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #206
Badmon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

I just found this exact style lip for our M2s from AA Concepts. Fairly priced for $395 so I just purchased mines: https://aaconceptsco.com/collections...ont-bumper-lip

Last edited by Badmon; 05-11-2020 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
Seagull288.50
      05-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #207
mchoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank.m2 View Post
Quote:
You're gonna hate me (unless this is one of the revisions you already plan on making) but I thought we all agreed the winglets would match the M Performance shape? They seem to match that in the earlier photos you posted. Other than that, I'm happy with everything else.
Thanks for the pictures and effort, but I'll have to agree with Anthony.

Going back to look at the other photos and the video Jack posted, that angle seems to be more pronounced before but now it's smoothed out?
I'm really hoping this is just the picture angle or something.

Where did this angle go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank.m2 View Post
Quote:
You're gonna hate me (unless this is one of the revisions you already plan on making) but I thought we all agreed the winglets would match the M Performance shape? They seem to match that in the earlier photos you posted. Other than that, I'm happy with everything else.
Thanks for the pictures and effort, but I'll have to agree with Anthony.

Going back to look at the other photos and the video Jack posted, that angle seems to be more pronounced before but now it's smoothed out?
I'm really hoping this is just the picture angle or something.

Where did this angle go?
[IMG]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...g?v=1583927143[/IMG]
+1 here. Curious if an explanation can be provided here.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 02:11 PM   #208
nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmon View Post
I just found this exact style lip for our M2s from AA Concepts. Fairly priced for $395 so I just purchased mines: https://aaconceptsco.com/collections...ont-bumper-lip
Looking forward to hearing an update from you once you have it installed on your impressions regarding fitment and quality.
      05-12-2020, 02:20 PM   #209
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
This is the same one referenced multiple times in this thread, its a Chinese knock-off, comes with no mounting hardware, requires drilling to non-OEM mounting points, carbon quality is totally unknown, etc. Also the fact that it says "Fits 2016-2020 BMW F87 M2 and M2 Competition ONLY" makes no sense since they are different. Good luck!

Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      05-16-2020, 12:20 AM   #210
Badmon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosely View Post
This is the same one referenced multiple times in this thread, its a Chinese knock-off, comes with no mounting hardware, requires drilling to non-OEM mounting points, carbon quality is totally unknown, etc. Also the fact that it says "Fits 2016-2020 BMW F87 M2 and M2 Competition ONLY" makes no sense since they are different. Good luck!
I've been dealing with these types of lips for years now and never had any major fitment issues and always made them work. This is just the nature of carbon fiber. Plus lips always seem to never last too long here in the northeast so i'd rather save $ where I can. I will post a review here as soon as I get it and install it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 11:21 PM   #211
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I've been dealing with these types of lips for years now and never had any major fitment issues and always made them work. This is just the nature of carbon fiber. Plus lips always seem to never last too long here in the northeast so i'd rather save $ where I can. I will post a review here as soon as I get it and install it.
I don't care about the chinese lips, no matter how good someone says they are. Simply because Jack and AutoID put a lot of time, effort, and money into bringing theirs to market for us. They worked with us and created what we wanted and kept us up to date on the process (when no one else would). Maybe some of the other people don't care about that, but I think that behaviour should be rewarded and appreciated. So they get my lip money.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 02:19 PM   #212
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You'll need to excuse me for the lack of progress updates here guys, global pandemic and all that...

We're busy making the changes to the front lip following the recent feedback (I'll have more photos soon). However, due to some issues with the mould which have been compounded by the reduced workforce, our delivery date has slipped back. We now anticipate first lips will arrive in the US May 18th. I hope you can appreciate that this is disappointing for us as we're eager to get these to you ASAP.

Some good news though. We are now well on our way to confirming a AUTOID USA distribution centre. This will mean that we have feet on the ground in the US.

This means we expect the cost of shipping to drop dramatically. Once these costs have been confirmed, and if you have already pre-ordered a front lip, you'll be entitled to a refund in the difference of the shipping cost.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask. Urgent questions can sent to me directly at jack@autoid.co
Any updates on people who purchased? Has anyone received theirs yet? Really interested to see how this lip is turning out before I purchase it
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 07:19 PM   #213
nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Any updates on people who purchased? Has anyone received theirs yet? Really interested to see how this lip is turning out before I purchase it
Today, May 18th, was the day Jack last communicated lips should be arriving to US customers. Anyone get theirs?

Quote:
.... We now anticipate first lips will arrive in the US May 18th. I hope you can appreciate that this is disappointing for us as we're eager to get these to you ASAP.

Some good news though. We are now well on our way to confirming a AUTOID USA distribution centre. This will mean that we have feet on the ground in the US.

This means we expect the cost of shipping to drop dramatically. Once these costs have been confirmed, and if you have already pre-ordered a front lip, you'll be entitled to a refund in the difference of the shipping cost.
I also wonder if any if any of the details were worked out with their new US distribution center to discount shipping costs.
      05-18-2020, 08:43 PM   #214
Badmon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't care about the chinese lips, no matter how good someone says they are. Simply because Jack and AutoID put a lot of time, effort, and money into bringing theirs to market for us. They worked with us and created what we wanted and kept us up to date on the process (when no one else would). Maybe some of the other people don't care about that, but I think that behaviour should be rewarded and appreciated. So they get my lip money.
Suit yourself. I prefer to save money where I can.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 09:21 PM   #215
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don't want to speak for Jack and AutoID, but just looking at the news and their instagram everything is still shut down. I can't imagine any work is being done on the lips. I'm also, maybe incorrectly, concerned the shut down may put them out of business and we'll never this lip.

Quote:
Suit yourself. I prefer to save money where I can.
No worries. I don't know how much longer that will last, as saving money with chinese products has greatly attributed to the mess we've been in and the length of lockdown times.
Appreciate 1
Badmon33.50
      05-20-2020, 06:25 AM   #216
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Official Update from us to the forum and our backers:

Hello everyone,

I know you have been eager to hear news on this project, especially those that have backed it with their hard earned cash.

I’m pleased to share some updated images today from a long-term customer of ours. I appreciate these images aren't amazing but will hopefully provide some indication of the final product. This is our final prototype and we’re now in production following all of the feedback you’ve provided.

We will be providing a load more professional photos in the coming days and weeks. It's been very difficult to book professional photographers here and we don't have an in-house media team at the moment.

We’re really proud that, thanks to the hard work of the design and development team and despite everything going on at the moment, the first lips will be leaving our facilities in the last week of May. This means that we just made our May deadline by the skin of our teeth.

UK CUSTOMERS
Thanks to everything that’s going on at the moment, domestic shipping is much faster than international so you guys will be the first to receive your lip. We’ll provide a tracking link and an update on your order as its dispatched.

USA & INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
Unfortunately, the cost of air freight to the USA has more than doubled since January. Consignments that were costing $100 to ship are now, in some instances, more than $250. This means that the savings I previously mentioned in emails and forum posts are no longer possible. I know this is a real gut punch after waiting so long but I hope that you can understand my hands are tied here. We’ll provide tracking link and update on your order as its dispatched.

We’re at the final hurdle now, so I’d like to take a moment to say a massive thank you for supporting AUTOID. We’re very grateful for your trust in us in coming through on this project.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Jack

Image showing updated blade design:

Image showing view from front:
Appreciate 7
nioh_lbbm21716.50
Anthony1s755.50
dtmurf480.00
///Monika186.50
AndrewC198910928.00
      05-20-2020, 06:27 AM   #217
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Alpha N performance lip by Edison Composites.
Love this lip, we've sold loads of them. They're definitely in a higher price bracket though.
Appreciate 1
krizze928.00
      05-20-2020, 07:11 AM   #218
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'm definitely digging the redesign. Unfortunately I will need to wait until shipping costs are more reasonable or hope that you can find a US distributor. I just can't justify $250 for shipping which is 1/3 of the cost of the lip. Not putting you down or anything as I understand with the stuff going on.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 08:50 AM   #219
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm definitely digging the redesign. Unfortunately I will need to wait until shipping costs are more reasonable or hope that you can find a US distributor. I just can't justify $250 for shipping which is 1/3 of the cost of the lip. Not putting you down or anything as I understand with the stuff going on.
We'll keep working on the shipping costs. It's a matter of us being able to reduce the packaging size whilst ensuring the lip is safe.

Of course, we're able to provide box dimensions and the customer can arrange collections/deliveries if they like.
Appreciate 1
nioh_lbbm21716.50
      05-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #220
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'm seriously feening this lip from Jack. Can't wait to see more installed pics from the folks who pre-ordered
Appreciate 0