Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
Any idea if the S58 will come to the M2C in the future?
Late 2022
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #640
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Late 2022
The N55 appeared to become non-compliant quickly and unexpectedly for BMW in 2018 . . . insert S55 and the M2C legend was born with release in 2019.

Two years later and the S55 no longer meets European emission regulations . . . planned European production of M2C coming to premature end.

So, the next M2C (G87) iteration planned to have S58 engine when released in 2022. That is two years from now and I wonder if the S58 will survive European emission regulations that far down the road?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:55 AM   #641
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
The N55 appeared to become non-compliant quickly and unexpectedly for BMW in 2018 . . . insert S55 and the M2C legend was born with release in 2019.

Two years later and the S55 no longer meets European emission regulations . . . planned European production of M2C coming to premature end.

So, the next M2C (G87) iteration planned to have S58 engine when released in 2022. That is two years from now and I wonder if the S58 will survive European emission regulations that far down the road?

///AVM
Who knows...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #642
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

A nice feature that was not there with my first coding run in 2018 with bimmercode is the ability to change the fuel warning from 1/4 tank to 1/8 tank. Less annoying, to me it's even greater because on track the car thinks you going to run out of gas way faster.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
goku7173.00
      06-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #643
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Here is another fun fact; depending region and which side of the gas tank filler is on, there is arrow in the instrument cluster, to indicate its location.

That might come in handy, if you ever have to jump bail, run to another country, without extradition and then gets a car that has the gas filler, on the other side. Might save you a bunch of confusion.

Hypothetical speaking, of course
Every car I've owned for the last 30 years has that
Ok, sorry about the misunderstanding, I looked up a few cars I've own in the past and the indicator was not there, no it wasn't embedded in my muscle memory.

I've own only BMWs and Minis since 2008, so I assume that was exclusively their thing.

Good to know.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #644
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Ok, sorry about the misunderstanding, I looked up a few cars I've own in the past and the indicator was not there, no it wasn't embedded in my muscle memory.

I've own only BMWs and Minis since 2008, so I assume that was exclusively their thing.

Good to know.
Hah! Nice RSX gauge cluster. Like seeing an old friend unxpectedly!
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      06-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #645
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Another tip. An easy way to program the M buttons is via the following:
Press the console buttons to cycle thru the steering and throttle settings.
Set the transmission selector to auto or manual mode and cycle thru the shift speed setting.
Set the DSC to MDM or a long press to enable full off if desired.
Press and hold the desired M button for the settings. A beep confirms its saved.

Once you quick press an M button to call up the saved settings, you can modify a given setting and then press and hold the M button to save the change!

Note MDM or DSC off requires a second press of the M button to confirm you want the reduced stability control.

Also note when in an M mode, pressing the button again, returns the car to defaults.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      06-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #646
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
Another tip. An easy way to program the M buttons is via the following:
Press the console buttons to cycle thru the steering and throttle settings.
Set the transmission selector to auto or manual mode and cycle thru the shift speed setting.
Set the DSC to MDM or a long press to enable full off if desired.
Press and hold the desired M button for the settings. A beep confirms its saved.

Once you quick press an M button to call up the saved settings, you can modify a given setting and then press and hold the M button to save the change!

Note MDM or DSC off requires a second press of the M button to confirm you want the reduced stability control.

Also note when in an M mode, pressing the button again, returns the car to defaults.
I heard this before and tried this, but didnt work on my 2020 M2C...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #647
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

So, seems the M2C just does not want to leave the dealership from which it was deployed.

Could not get the beast to cool off. Took it back in to service department . . . apparently malfunctioning 'evaporator,' whatever the hell that is?

Nonetheless, the dealership continues to provide A++ service, will have new evaporator shipped overnight and installed pronto upon arrival.

Probably best, as I was on track to go through tire tread by week's end . . . and I need to get the beast to my place down south in next day, or two.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #648
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So, seems the M2C just does not want to leave the dealership from which it was deployed.

Could not get the beast to cool off. Took it back in to service department . . . apparently malfunctioning 'evaporator,' whatever the hell that is?

Nonetheless, the dealership continues to provide A++ service, will have new evaporator shipped overnight and installed pronto upon arrival.

Probably best, as I was on track to go through tire tread by week's end . . . and I need to get the beast to my place down south in next day, or two.

///AVM
Like the cooling fans wouldn't shut off after you parked the car?
Kutta

No, as in the air conditioning was not working.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #649
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Kutta

No, as in the air conditioning was not working.

///AVM
Haha I thought the beast not cooling off meant it was too hot itself...
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      06-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #650
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

At this rate they are going to offer you an m2 cs at invoice .

Keep that good karma coming .
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      06-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #651
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
At this rate they are going to offer you an m2 cs at invoice .

Keep that good karma coming .
Arciga

My offer is all yours brother . . . if you want it

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #652
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2020 m2c

Garage List
Hi guys,

Wow, I was up late last night absorbing this entire thread, and finding it very helpful. I'm really struggling to obtain concrete evidence of anything happening in the Leipzig plant. I've gone 10 pages deep into Google search results, with no luck. Anyone have any news that confirms people are actually working in that plant and that they have parts to build M2C's right now, as in next week???

I saw some others sharing info about their orders, thought I'd share all the gory details about mine, in case it's helpful to anyone else, and to ask a few questions of the esteemed members of this board. I did a EuroDelivery back in 2006 and was finally all set to do another this summer, traveling with friends and having a grand ol' time. Then the little COVID bugger came along... Oh well, at least it's not just me ;-)

Dec 10 '19 - first inquiries about getting an M2C allocation for Euro Delivery for pickup ~June 15, checked with 6 different SoCal dealers
Through mid-Jan - back and forth, blah, blah... Settled for now-standard Euro Delivery 5% discount, probably could have done a bit better...
Jan 21 - Received vehicle production number for Euro Delivery order
Jan 25 - June 15 Euro Delivery date confirmed
Feb 27 - Received EDPO to complete
Mar 12 - First communications related to potentially cancelling Euro Delivery (still 3 months out - no way...!!???!!!)
Apr 6 - Presented with option to take delivery in US, same price, so
for a number of reasons I accepted.
Apr 30 - first confirmation of assembly in June, week #24. Is that really June 8, i.e. next week???
May 5 - brief reconsideration of EuroDelivery, in light of program cancellation. Decided against, due to Covid-19 concerns and other factors.
May 13 - first confirmation of order entering 150 status (production started).
June 3 (today) - 3 weeks stuck in status 150.

When I started this journey, I thought I'd be driving my baby ~June 15, now I'm just hoping it will be built by then and that it makes it to SoCal by late July/early Aug.

Trying to set my expectations, what do you guys think? Is it possible they'll not build my car, given its current production status and eop at end of this month?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #653
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobped View Post
Hi guys,

Wow, I was up late last night absorbing this entire thread, and finding it very helpful. I'm really struggling to obtain concrete evidence of anything happening in the Leipzig plant. I've gone 10 pages deep into Google search results, with no luck. Anyone have any news that confirms people are actually working in that plant and that they have parts to build M2C's right now, as in next week???

I saw some others sharing info about their orders, thought I'd share all the gory details about mine, in case it's helpful to anyone else, and to ask a few questions of the esteemed members of this board. I did a EuroDelivery back in 2006 and was finally all set to do another this summer, traveling with friends and having a grand ol' time. Then the little COVID bugger came along... Oh well, at least it's not just me ;-)

Dec 10 '19 - first inquiries about getting an M2C allocation for Euro Delivery for pickup ~June 15, checked with 6 different SoCal dealers
Through mid-Jan - back and forth, blah, blah... Settled for now-standard Euro Delivery 5% discount, probably could have done a bit better...
Mar 12 - First communications related to potentially cancelling Euro Delivery (still 3 months out - no way...!!???!!!)
Apr 30 - first confirmation of assembly in June, week #24. Is that really June 8, i.e. next week???
May 5 - brief reconsideration of EuroDelivery, in light of program cancellation. Decided against, due to Covid-19 concerns and other factors.

When I started this journey, I thought I'd be driving my baby ~June 15, now I'm just hoping it will be built by then and that it makes it to SoCal by late July/early Aug.

Trying to set my expectations, what do you guys think? Is it possible they'll not build my car, given its current production status and eop at end of this month?
It seems they are building them now. Others have confirmed that. I think the plant went online just recently so may be a few days before you get any confirmation. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #654
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobped View Post
Hi guys,

Ive been moaning about my situation on this thread already, so I wont repeat. However after haveing my pre COVID production date cancelled post COVID, the best my dealer can tell me is that my car will be built as a 2021 and it looks like it will be produced in "July" no concrete info, no production number, nothing. Its the Wild West out there people!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:54 PM   #655
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Well, as Dave recently stated - and I thought was perfectly astute - times are such that we often need to make up our own content to keep the passion (and forum) alive. . . I could not make the following up.

I documented my new M2C delivery experience for the ages. Dealership GM fantastic and more than delivered on his commitment to ‘make things right.’ Car re-delivered like new within a week, or so.

Picked up the M2C and had a day, or two, of balls out fun. Then reported that the beast would not cool down (A/C broken). Took the car back into dealership, thinking it would be a quick A/C charge. Instead, I was informed the ‘evaporator’ was broke. Dealer ordered new evaporator for overnight delivery and I anticipated problem solved the next day after arrival and quick install.

New evaporator arrived, but not the installation kit. Installation kit? What the hell? I took some time to look up this evaporator project. I was astounded to find out this little part is located in essentially a ‘black hole’ of the M2C existence. Requires an essential gutting of front interior of the vehicle to access. . . so, you guessed it, this ‘quick’ install has turned into a full-time project for the service mechanic.

Quite literally, the M2C I purchased does not want to leave the dealership from where it was purchased. Still, I have remained cool. This shit just happens. Nobody’s fault. I maintain my commitment to demonstrating a good karmic vibe.

One thing I must reiterate is just how awesome the dealership GM has been through this whole saga. Truly committed and personally invested in doing whatever he can to make good on less than ideal circumstance.

So, apparently BMW has ‘program’ for situations such as my own, where they assist the dealerships in trying to ‘make right’ upon a less than ideal new car experience. What does this equate to? I think there are many different options, but my dealership GM asked if there were any vehicle options I might wish to have that were not included in the original build?

There is nothing I truly need for the M2C and I have no desire to take advantage of some bad luck that has been nobody’s fault. After some thought I indicated it would be nice to balance the CF rear spoiler off with CF rear diffuser and CF side mirror caps. . .

Honestly, I just want to take my M2C home. . . and keep it there.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      06-03-2020, 09:18 PM   #656
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Well, as Dave recently stated - and I thought was perfectly astute - times are such that we often need to make up our own content to keep the passion (and forum) alive. . . I could not make the following up.

I documented my new M2C delivery experience for the ages. Dealership GM fantastic and more than delivered on his commitment to ‘make things right.’ Car re-delivered like new within a week, or so.

Picked up the M2C and had a day, or two, of balls out fun. Then reported that the beast would not cool down (A/C broken). Took the car back into dealership, thinking it would be a quick A/C charge. Instead, I was informed the ‘evaporator’ was broke. Dealer ordered new evaporator for overnight delivery and I anticipated problem solved the next day after arrival and quick install.

New evaporator arrived, but not the installation kit. Installation kit? What the hell? I took some time to look up this evaporator project. I was astounded to find out this little part is located in essentially a ‘black hole’ of the M2C existence. Requires an essential gutting of front interior of the vehicle to access. . . so, you guessed it, this ‘quick’ install has turned into a full-time project for the service mechanic.

Quite literally, the M2C I purchased does not want to leave the dealership from where it was purchased. Still, I have remained cool. This shit just happens. Nobody’s fault. I maintain my commitment to demonstrating a good karmic vibe.

One thing I must reiterate is just how awesome the dealership GM has been through this whole saga. Truly committed and personally invested in doing whatever he can to make good on less than ideal circumstance.

So, apparently BMW has ‘program’ for situations such as my own, where they assist the dealerships in trying to ‘make right’ upon a less than ideal new car experience. What does this equate to? I think there are many different options, but my dealership GM asked if there were any vehicle options I might wish to have that were not included in the original build?

There is nothing I truly need for the M2C and I have no desire to take advantage of some bad luck that has been nobody’s fault. After some thought I indicated it would be nice to balance the CF rear spoiler off with CF rear diffuser and CF side mirror caps. . .

///AVM
Cough cs cough
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      06-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #657
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Cough cs cough
That is hilarious arciga . . . thanks for a good laugh.

Not in a M2CS demeaning way. Just a good ol' fashioned chuckle.

Thank you brother.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #658
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:

///AVM
You gotta be one of the unluckyest M2 buyer I ever heard of
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      06-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #659
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
You gotta be one of the unluckyest M2 buyer I ever heard of
Right?!

My thoughts are this . . . my karma is just fine. I think the problem lies with my GTS. I knew it was not going to willingly give up seat time with me, but I had no idea what lengths it would go to socially distance itself from the M2C.

///AVM
Appreciate 3
PLF693766.00
BigKutta3901.00
Moflow2484.50
      06-03-2020, 10:25 PM   #660
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Lemon law?

Get a '21?

(Not quite sure how this works, but at this point, and with this much drama, I'd have no confidence in the car and would have them spec me another one.)
Appreciate 0