BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Resonator delete - OG M2

04-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
M2Rob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White M2

Resonator delete - OG M2

I'm sure this is mentioned as infinitum, but I have a specific question. I will be doing the whole exhaust eventually, but as a first step replacing the mid resonator add a lot of throat to the sound without much drone? I dont want to di a careless DP until I get a tune (the CEL would drive me batty), but I would like to get some throaty volume over stock.

Thoughts?
      04-21-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Dude, this has been discussed ad nauseam. Looks like you're a new member so I'll spell it out for you.

The resonator's job is to suppress CABIN noise, so deleting it will not give you any more noticeable volume outside, it'll just give you more volume, and drone, inside.

The very best thing you can do for the sound of your exhaust if you want to make it a bit louder, deeper, and a little more power is a catted downpipe.

If you do a catless downpipe you'll get quite a bit more volume, more drone, more smell at stoplights, more power, and a brighter, raspier tone.

For 90% of guys the catted downpipe does such a great job that they don't even want a full exhaust afterwards...
Appreciate 2
M2Rob39.00