BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Armor Shield Ceramic Coating DIY

12-17-2020, 08:12 AM   #1
thebiglubinsky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3

Armor Shield Ceramic Coating DIY

So I decided to go for it and ceramic coat my car. It came out amazing but did take quite a while properly prepping the vehicle. I applied 2 coats AvalonKing Armor Shield IX. It seemed to be one of the more forgiving coatings out there. Don't be afraid to do this especially on a new car, just make sure you research first and go through so the steps. Pan the organizer has an awesome detailing YouTube channel that helped a ton. I'd say it cost about $160 + 10 hours of fun garage labor(although I wasn't saying that right after applying the second coat). Steps are- Wash, dry, de-iron spray, rinse, clay bar, wash, dry, light hand polish, prep spray/ipa spray, 2 coats Armor Shield. I spaced it out over a few days since I had to work. I waited 10 days and just topped off the coat with the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Flex Graphene spray. Ill keep it refreshed with this every few months using it as a wax as you dry spray. One thing I did to make sure I didn't leave any high spots was that I buffed off the coating wide in case I accidentally ran over onto the neighboring panel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4