BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Drag & Autocross - Autosports Northwest, Deer Park WA

08-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
Karazy
Go Fast And Take Chances
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Drag & Autocross - Autosports Northwest, Deer Park WA

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Well my 2020 M2C is finally broke in, and last week I took her first to Spokane County Raceway to see what it can lay down at 2,200' elevation. My first three runs (all nanies off / launch control in effect) Were all 12.2 seconds, Trap around 112 to 116 mph. I seem to have lost my tree reading ability, and my R/T's were lame. .7+ to red light in the tenth.. But I was very happy with the car, and seeing three 12.2 runs back to back given the elevation at SCR.

But drag is not my thing.. AutoX is where it's at for me!

Cone Dance Time!

I raced this past weekend with my local club that I spend most my free time with, Autosports Northwest.

I've been Autocrossing a 2014 Corvette Z51 Stingray competitivity the past five seasons. And am proud to say I earned Class Champing in S1 / AS at ASNW, Class Champing in Octocross at SCR, and Class Champion at Top Gun in Helena Montana also in AS all in 2018. So after five year of LOTS of AutoX, and can say I know the Stingray quite well. And I never thought I'd be a "Corvette guy" years ago.

It is truly an amazing car, and a bargain!

But I'm also a Bimmer (and Beemer) lover, so when BMW shoe-horned the S55 in the M2C, I jumped in!

I raced both events Saturday and Sunday, (I will attach links), and boy did I come away happy!!

Saturday proved to be a major learning experience for me. I had gotten very comfortable in my NA Vette, and although the S55 has very little turbo lag, when Autocrossing, it's an entirely different animal to drive fast.

I'm a person who prefers to take stuff slow, and learn how a car will dance. And I wound up in third (last) on Saturday being bested by a C7 GS Vette and a ZL1. (small margin outta 2nd).

After getting a touch more comfortable with the M2C, I turned it up a notch Sunday. We had a super sexy GT350 Mustang join the fight is S1, so there were four fighting this day in my class. I was very pleased to land in 2nd place only outta 1st by 0.348 seconds counting the PAX advantage. (the GS Vette is an SS car).

My car is completely stock with the exception of a second set of wheels, 763's (major weight savings over the oh so ulgy stock wheels), and RE71R's which are my personal favorite tires for AutoX without jumping outta AS classing.

I'm debating on a new front sway bar (Dinan maybe?), as that is allowed in this class.

To sum up the past drag and AutoX, I am Beyond Happy with my jump back to the Roundel! Completely different the my Vette. Not better, just a different car.

I look forward to seeing how I will stack up at Top Gun this year. (August 17th / 18th). We have I believe 15 registered in AS this year. And I hear three are National Champions! So, with my lacks of seat time racing the M2C, I'm just hoping not to be dead last!

Hope you enjoyed my thoughts of racing the M2 Competition!

Cheers,

~Peter Hans Lattman

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/file...202019_fin.htm

www.HardWorkingPeter.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
BlkSVT388.50
Bumpinjeep5356.00
      08-14-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
I'll have to check it out, sounds like a lot of fun. I'm over the west side of the mountains though.
Karazy49.50
      08-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Karazy
Go Fast And Take Chances
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

We would love to have you join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
I'll have to check it out, sounds like a lot of fun. I'm over the west side of the mountains though.
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5356.00