04-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #23
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftpohyeah View Post
Bimmercode is LITERALLY plug and play. You just need to buy one of the compatible OBD II device from like amazon and that is it.
You dont need anyone to code it for you.

I came from vw golfs. I had the ross tech and that thing is expensive and crazy complicated to work on.

With the bimmercode app you literally just go down a list of options and click yes or no.
Um, er, I don't own a smart phone (really). Can I get bimmercode for my laptop and do it that way? I know, I'm a techno-dinosaur, an idiot, but I swore off cell phones years ago and I'm not caving. I either do this myself using a laptop, or I find someone nearby and pay them to do it with bimmercode.
      04-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #24
ContactPatch
Major
Rep
Drives: It's Quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrettifan View Post
Um, er, I don't own a smart phone (really). Can I get bimmercode for my laptop and do it that way? I know, I'm a techno-dinosaur, an idiot, but I swore off cell phones years ago and I'm not caving. I either do this myself using a laptop, or I find someone nearby and pay them to do it with bimmercode.
No smart phone = no future brain cancer = high level of intelligence
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #25
Airbag79
Rep
Drives: M2C

Recently picked up 2020 M2C have the OBDII BT dongle Bimmercode recommends and purchased the app, but there is no option for disable clutch under the "Front End Module". Everything else is available. Anyone else experience this? Do I need to go into "Expert Mode" to disable auto rev?
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2019, 11:25 PM   #26
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactPatch View Post
Quote:
No smart phone = no future brain cancer = high level of intelligence
Who takes calls on their cellphone any more and doesn't just text or use headphones? Plenty of things will kill you before that, that's for sure haha.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #27
BlkSVT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2c BSM, 2020 MB GLC63

Moldy Thread update...

I recently fell into old habit of rev matching myself (after not having driven the M2 for 10 days... I kinda forgot about rev match), and lo and behold, it pretty much just let's you do it on your own if you initiate. I have to admit, at least in Sport+, the ability to fade away and let me handle it was a pleasant surprise.

On a tangent: WTF is 5th gear for?!? The more I drive this car, the less I see need for 5th given the ridiculously close spacing between 4th-5th and 5th-6th.
Appreciate 1
jefe2000716.00
      09-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #28
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Me and my friend were wondering if its possible to have it activated with DSC off ?
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #29
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Me and my friend were wondering if its possible to have it activated with DSC off ?
The 'rev-matching' feature is controlled by the main ECU's programming, so only an aftermarket flash tune would possible activate it in DSC off.

BM3 now has a tune for just this of what you're asking:

bootmod3 New Feature Release - Configurable Rev Match Eco / Sport / Sport Plus https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1505061
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 06:45 AM   #30
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Who takes calls on their cellphone any more and doesn't just text or use headphones? Plenty of things will kill you before that, that's for sure haha.
Honestly, no cell phone, no facebook, no twitter. So no texting and no headphones either. I'm living proof you can live quite happily (perhaps even happIER) without all that tech and without being constantly available to the rest of the world. The highest tech device I own is my M2C! And I've either turned off or ignore as much of the tech on my car as possible. I've never used the navigation system or any other stuff on that computer screen on the dash except the display is set to show boost / power / clock (and I know the boost and power readouts are bullshit).I drive it in one setting - Sport + with MDM (or whatever that's called) turned off.

OK, call me crazy, but I love it!
      09-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #31
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post
Moldy Thread update...

I recently fell into old habit of rev matching myself (after not having driven the M2 for 10 days... I kinda forgot about rev match), and lo and behold, it pretty much just let's you do it on your own if you initiate. I have to admit, at least in Sport+, the ability to fade away and let me handle it was a pleasant surprise.

On a tangent: WTF is 5th gear for?!? The more I drive this car, the less I see need for 5th given the ridiculously close spacing between 4th-5th and 5th-6th.
Heh, yeah. But the car "corrects" me when i get it wrong. Sigh. I dunno if i'd rather it didn't, i'd learn the car better (only had it for a week and a half) but its also saving me mechanical wear and tear....

Also, don't discount fifth, i love fifth gear. Fifth gear is there to remind me what my 350Z feels like in third gear.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #32
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, no cell phone, no facebook, no twitter. So no texting and no headphones either. I'm living proof you can live quite happily (perhaps even happIER) without all that tech and without being constantly available to the rest of the world. The highest tech device I own is my M2C! And I've either turned off or ignore as much of the tech on my car as possible. I've never used the navigation system or any other stuff on that computer screen on the dash except the display is set to show boost / power / clock (and I know the boost and power readouts are bullshit).I drive it in one setting - Sport + with MDM (or whatever that's called) turned off.

OK, call me crazy, but I love it!
Lol. You and my girlfriend are in the same boat. she lives in fear of the day when her old crappy cell phone will finally kick the bucket, forcing her into a "fancy smart phone."
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #33
Pak9yan
Registered
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbag79 View Post
Recently picked up 2020 M2C have the OBDII BT dongle Bimmercode recommends and purchased the app, but there is no option for disable clutch under the "Front End Module". Everything else is available. Anyone else experience this? Do I need to go into "Expert Mode" to disable auto rev?
I used to see the option there a year ago but it is gone when I check today. Have you find out how to code it off with bimmercode at the end?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #34
frosty2k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post
As far as I can tell it's just to help expedite the climb to max speed on the autobahn, or to get a few extra mph on the long straight at a track.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #35
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbag79 View Post
Did you find it?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #36
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Just picked up 2020 M2 comp. Can't stand the auto rev match so emailed Bimmercode to find out if it's an available option to disengage.

They stated:

"You may be able to do this using expert mode, but i may just not be possible depending on the software version in your car."

SO... anyone know for certain if 2020 M2 comp can code auto rev match to OFF?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #37
TheRealOrosie
BMW Fan Boy
United_States
Rep
Drives: //M

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Just picked up 2020 M2 comp. Can't stand the auto rev match so emailed Bimmercode to find out if it's an available option to disengage.

They stated:

"You may be able to do this using expert mode, but i may just not be possible depending on the software version in your car."

SO... anyone know for certain if 2020 M2 comp can code auto rev match to OFF?

Thanks!

Did it today! 2020 M2C. Full disclosure, not sure it will work on the locked DME from BMW. My car was a 9/19 build, so when I got my Carbahn tune a couple months ago, I had to have the DME removed and sent back to them for a bench flash before tuning.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
robertm449.50
      02-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #38
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I believe that BootMod3 allows you to turn off rev match in the different drive modes independently.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #39
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I believe that BootMod3 allows you to turn off rev match in the different drive modes independently.
Yes. Correct.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #40
robertm
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealOrosie View Post
Did it today! 2020 M2C. Full disclosure, not sure it will work on the locked DME from BMW. My car was a 9/19 build, so when I got my Carbahn tune a couple months ago, I had to have the DME removed and sent back to them for a bench flash before tuning.
Thanks for the info.

So the question becomes, with the 2020 locked DME, is bimmercode able to turn off rev match?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #41
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

not trolling - I have grown to love auto rev match. occasionally throw into DSC off and do it myself but 99% of the time i have it on and it's fun as hell.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:19 AM   #42
robertm
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterino View Post
not trolling - I have grown to love auto rev match. occasionally throw into DSC off and do it myself but 99% of the time i have it on and it's fun as hell.
Don't disagree but this car is my daily driver and is partially a tool to keep shifting muscle memory skills sharp. If I let the car do the rev matching then when jumping into the race car rev matching becomes much more of a conscious effort. On track there is a limited amount of focus which can be applied. More attention on details outside the car and less on the physical mechanics of making the car do what you want always produces a faster lap.

Regardless, I immensely enjoy syncing the engine RPMs to the speed the vehicle is travelling. Having the car do it for me takes away a facet of my driving enjoyment.

I’m in no way trying to tell anyone else how they should drive or what they should enjoy. Just speaking for my needs/wants.
Appreciate 2
Moflow2484.50
      02-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #43
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
kind of meh on auto rev match. I was against it at first but now I quite like it. Color me a convert
Same. I didn't like it at first because I was so used to how my Lotus reacts, and how fantastic it feels to rev-match perfectly. However, with the 9,000 lb BMW flywheel it's not such a good game, and I love the fact that if I want to play it anyway, all I have to do is turn everything off. To me that's a win/win.
Appreciate 2
robertm449.50
      02-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #44
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
Don't disagree but this car is my daily driver and is partially a tool to keep shifting muscle memory skills sharp. If I let the car do the rev matching then when jumping into the race car rev matching becomes much more of a conscious effort. On track there is a limited amount of focus which can be applied. More attention on details outside the car and less on the physical mechanics of making the car do what you want always produces a faster lap.

Regardless, I immensely enjoy syncing the engine RPMs to the speed the vehicle is travelling. Having the car do it for me takes away a facet of my driving enjoyment.

I’m in no way trying to tell anyone else how they should drive or what they should enjoy. Just speaking for my needs/wants.
Dude, so much of this. My last car (350Z) and the M2C overlapped by a month or two and I'd drive the Z after not having driven it for a few days and just totally forget to rev match when downshifting. I haven't driven my race car yet since getting the BMW, but I know i'm going to have to re-learn that habit if i don't go with rev-matching off for like week before my next race.
Appreciate 1
robertm449.50