Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C, X3 M40i

Garage List
Was Just Creepily Followed

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just popped out to go grab some groceries during the Superbowl since I knew it would be empty. Was driving extremely politely minding my own business when a clean Chrysler 300 came out of nowhere and rode my ass for a good 5-10ish minutes. They followed me into the grocery store parking lot, though the parking lanes, and didn't get more than 1 car length away until I was parked. Calling the cops was on my mind, but I was driving through a nice enough suburb that I decided against it.

Has this happened to anyone else? If they were wanting to play or just admire the car then this is certainly not the way to do it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #2
ContactPatch
Major
Rep
Drives: It's Quick!

I bet grocery shopping was more exciting than the Super Bowl, boring game in less you love defense. The people in the car may have just been checking out an awesome looking car and were mesmerized and did not realize they were following (bothering) you. You could have taken some cellphone pics for reference (get the license plate) if they bug you again. Or you could have enticed them out on the road and blew their fucking doors off, a Chrysler 300 you say?
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2019, 09:55 PM   #3
FractalFootwork
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C, X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactPatch View Post
I bet grocery shopping was more exciting than the Super Bowl, boring game in less you love defense. The people in the car may have just been checking out an awesome looking car and were mesmerized and did not realize they were following (bothering) you. You could have taken some cellphone pics for reference (get the license plate) if they bug you again. Or you could have enticed them out on the road and blew their fucking doors off, a Chrysler 300 you say?
I saw their faces lit up by my brake light at a stoplight, and they didn't look like they were out to get me or anything, but I was still a bit nervous. Hahah and yeah I thought about blowing their doors off, but was driving through suburban neighborhoods and thought better of it.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
ContactPatch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFootwork View Post
I saw their faces lit up by my brake light at a stoplight, and they didn't look like they were out to get me or anything, but I was still a bit nervous. Hahah and yeah I thought about blowing their doors off, but was driving through suburban neighborhoods and thought better of it.
Everyone has to be careful today, too many psychos on the loose. Had you taken off with some speed and they continue to follow you know something is amiss. I would probably lead them in the direction of my local police department, once there, the situation will quickly diminish as the entire police department is there to provide assistance.

Last edited by ContactPatch; 02-03-2019 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #5
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I would say they were admiring the car.

I have the base M2 and I've actually had some one follow me, broad day light, phone in hand...I believe maybe filming or taking photos, then just drove around me while still pointing the camera....makes me want to actually get tint for some privacy haha.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 01:14 AM   #6
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

It was the president admiring your car.. thinking he should get a bullet proof one of those..
      02-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I was followed just a few days ago on a rural freeway. I was cruising along in the fast lane at a good clip. I saw a car coming up out of nowhere behind me at about 100mph so I pulled to the next right lane. Then he zoomed up next to me and just stayed there. I waited a few seconds to make sure that he was staying next to me on purpose. So I look over and I see an ear to ear smile and an enthusiastic thumbs up Then he cups his hand behind his ear and motions straight ahead. He didn't want to race, he just wanted to hear the sound of the engine. So I gave him a quick demonstration, then through my rear-view mirror in the distance I saw his thumb sticking up through his Subie sunroof.
Appreciate 4
      02-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #8
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

I am apparently being stalked too! This is a rare sighting in Colorado. One of the few M2s I have seen on the road here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      02-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
I am apparently being stalked too! This is a rare sighting in Colorado. One of the few M2s I have seen on the road here.
Its a glitch in the matrix
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 2
COChris888.50
BlkSVT388.50
      02-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #10
MartyE12345
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp AW, S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
I think I may have saw that M2 the other day, you’re right there aren’t many in the Denver Area.
Appreciate 1
COChris888.50
      02-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #11
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Just drive to a police station next time if they are following you.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #12
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

If someone is following me I just downshift and let it rip. Not sure why this was not done here. Show him what the S55 can do.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #13
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
sounds like you were asking for it with your fancy new car...i bet it was all waxed and everything... what do you expect?!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 08:04 PM   #14
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalFootwork View Post
Just popped out to go grab some groceries during the Superbowl since I knew it would be empty. Was driving extremely politely minding my own business when a clean Chrysler 300 came out of nowhere and rode my ass for a good 5-10ish minutes. They followed me into the grocery store parking lot, though the parking lanes, and didn't get more than 1 car length away until I was parked. Calling the cops was on my mind, but I was driving through a nice enough suburb that I decided against it.

Has this happened to anyone else? If they were wanting to play or just admire the car then this is certainly not the way to do it.

OP, this happens ALL THE TIME to me. But, outside of the car. So, for example, the attached pic is a pic of a gal who was stalking me at the beach. I was minding my own business, when out of nowhere she walked in front of me for a good 5-10 minutes. She always stayed just 10-20 feet in front me. I was making my way to a restaurant, and then changed my mind and went to the grocery store, and wouldn't you know it, but she went into the grocery store too! I couldn't shake her! And the entire time, she just somehow stayed right in front of me the whole time!

So annoying!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      02-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #15
ContactPatch
Major
Rep

Is that the kind of girl you meet driving a M2C, I need to hurry up and get this car?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 06:17 AM   #16
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactPatch View Post
Is that the kind of girl you meet driving a M2C, I need to hurry up and get this car?
Technically no. Unless she was walking backwards the whole time cptobvious picture is slightly flawed. But hey at least he got some groceries while he was followed.