BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > President Trump. [ Hits and Misses Scorecard Thread ]

01-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #8933
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
That's interesting because I don't remember it that way at all. As I recall, there was a high level of praise for President Obama from across the political spectrum.

And then the conspiracies that Obama lied about it and we didn't really kill OBL.
Appreciate 1
minn196543.50

01-03-2020, 07:11 AM   #8934
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
"The game has changed," Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Thursday, telling reporters that violent acts by Iran-backed Shiite militias in Iraq — including the Dec. 27 rocket attack that killed one American — will be met with U.S. military force.

01-03-2020, 08:02 AM   #8935
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

!
Attached Images

MKSixer19800.00

01-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #8936
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanov View Post
Grateful people of Iran thanks US for participating in the life of their country:
yanno Ivan, i've always wanted to ask you if you knew why Mikal Gorbachev had a map of Afghanistan tattooed on his forehead.
any thoughts on that chief?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #8937
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
But, if in the end Iran's current leadership is gone and replaced by a stable government it could start the end of all the ME turmoil. That is of course a massive COULD.
Define stable. I admit I know little of what's going on over there, but it seems to have been the same people/factions ruling for quite some time. So maybe stable isn't he right description?

But when we really get to the bottom of the discussion, it should revolve around WHY THE FUCK does the US have anything to do with the internal workings of a foreign nation. Are we fomenting the type of discord we see in our own government?
Appreciate 2
SoCalS2k386.50
quick6247.50

01-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #8938
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Define stable. I admit I know little of what's going on over there, but it seems to have been the same people/factions ruling for quite some time. So maybe stable isn't he right description?

But when we really get to the bottom of the discussion, it should revolve around WHY THE FUCK does the US have anything to do with the internal workings of a foreign nation. Are we fomenting the type of discord we see in our own government?
Stable in the sense their stated goal isn't regional power expansion in the guise of "death to the US/Israel."

As to the latter I don't know, but this is what I've been saying here forever that Trump isn't ending endless wars. He is (and has been) on the verge of starting a massive regional conflict to which I don't know that he is prepared to do or lead. We shall see.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #8939
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Democratically killed by rocket - just lovely!
Quote:
Grateful people of Iran thanks US for participating in the life of their country:
The US definitely deserves criticism for meddling in and messing up a lot of countries in the past/present.

BUt so does Putin and the games he has been playing the last two decades. I'm curious as to why we never see you or reports from RT criticizing him for doing the same?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 09:59 AM   #8940
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stable in the sense their stated goal isn't regional power expansion in the guise of "death to the US/Israel."

As to the latter I don't know, but this is what I've been saying here forever that Trump isn't ending endless wars. He is (and has been) on the verge of starting a massive regional conflict to which I don't know that he is prepared to do or lead. We shall see.
RESPECTFULLY, but the US world domination is OK, because we are US? OUR view of democracy is a bit tarnished right now, yet we are projecting that to the entire world. How very democratic and American of us.

I'm not naive enough to think our enemies wouldn't come attacking our borders were we to pull back, but SOMEBODY has to be the bigger man, and (queue John Lennon) give peace a chance.

<SARCASM> All you Republican war mongerers just want more war </SARCASM>
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #8941
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
RESPECTFULLY, but the US world domination is OK, because we are US? OUR view of democracy is a bit tarnished right now, yet we are projecting that to the entire world. How very democratic and American of us.

I'm not naive enough to think our enemies wouldn't come attacking our borders were we to pull back, but SOMEBODY has to be the bigger man, and (queue John Lennon) give peace a chance.

<SARCASM> All you Republican war mongerers just want more war </SARCASM>
I hope you don't think I'm saying it is ok (US domination etc) as I agree with you and don't think it is ok (sometimes very neccasary though). But, I/we/you the world have reaped the benefits for decades with the US policy in the ME for cheap and a stable supply of energy. So I/we/you the world can't say we didn't at least someway not approve of said policies. Because the second gas prices start soaring people in the US freak the fuck out and vote in people that they think will/can lower it. It isn't as big of a deal energy wise anymore since the US has become much more energy independent the last decade or so. But, the world economy still depends on the region being stable.

Also as I've said many many times here. Peace most likely will never have a chance if the US keeps supporting Israel and SA the way we do. Even though the US doesn't depend on the region as much for energy anymore, there are long standing/deep relationships that have been formed between the three governments that won't be severed anytime soon.

So either the US just severs the ties and let the regions players duke it on their own or their is a massive war to maybe finally determine the power balance. Otherwise peace will never have a chance the way it is set up now.
Appreciate 1
UncleWede9034.00

01-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #8942
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
cheap and a stable supply.
We both know the real source of tension
Appreciate 1
minn196543.50

01-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #8943
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Trump may or may not realize it, but he just declared war on Iran.

The never ending wars just got more never ending.
Your philosophy appears to be similar to President Johnson and and President Truman who were willing to sacrifice 110,000 american soldiers in order to avoid stirring the pot (decisively defeating the enemy) by destroying NK and N Vietnam.
Guess they dont teach a lot of History In Gopherland.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 10:30 AM   #8944
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Your philosophy appears to be similar to President Johnson and and President Truman who were willing to sacrifice 110,000 american soldiers in order to avoid stirring the pot (decisively defeating the enemy) by destroying NK and N Vietnam.
Guess they dont teach a lot of History In Gopherland.
And exactly what philosophy/war strategy did I suggest?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #8945
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You can allow things to escalate by pretending allowing Iran to be left alone and even pay them off like obama will cause them to be better.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #8946
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
But, if in the end Iran's current leadership is gone and replaced by a stable government it could start the end of all the ME turmoil. That is of course a massive COULD.

It's just like when the crazy neo cons were telling us regime change in Iraq was a great idea

The real problem is why do ppl keep falling for the same tricks.

I keep saying cause it keeps being true. Republicans are the worlds greatest suckers
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #8947
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
...as I've said many many times here. Peace most likely will never have a chance if the US keeps supporting Israel and SA the way we do. Even though the US doesn't depend on the region as much for energy anymore, there are long standing/deep relationships that have been formed between the three governments that won't be severed anytime soon.

So either the US just severs the ties and let the regions players duke it on their own or their is a massive war to maybe finally determine the power balance. Otherwise peace will never have a chance the way it is set up now.
I really wish I had the time and ambition to look this up and confirm, but I suspect you were someone upset about President Trump's so-called abandonment of the Kurds in Syria. Yet here you are suggesting abandoning Israel is the route to peace. Interesting.
      01-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #8948
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I really wish I had the time and ambition to look this up and confirm, but I suspect you were someone upset about President Trump's so-called abandonment of the Kurds in Syria. Yet here you are suggesting abandoning Israel is the route to peace. Interesting.
Iíd explain it to you, but from your own posts it is obviously too complicated for you to understand. Nor do you care as people that are as partisan as you only care about cheerleading for their guy and how he can do no wrong.

Hell with it, Iíll try. When Trump stabbed the Kurds in the back for Erdogan, I said it was a huge mistake for a number of reasons. You guys said Turkey was our real ally (which no surprise to a lot of us they are not as shown by the actions after we left the area). And you guys also said Trump was starting to pull us out of the region and wanted to end endless wars. It wasnít true then and it certainly isnít true now obviously. Thousands are mobilizing to go to the ME right now and Iím sure thousands more will be after them as well. All of the Kurds factions are allies we will need in the coming regional war that Trump is rapidly moving towards.

Pompeoís explanations are brutally laughable if they werenít so stupid. He said this was to prevent impending attacks. Well those attacks are still ready to go and can be made because you didnít kill the people that are going to carry out the attack. He also said this a deescalation event. Only hardcore Trump administration supporters believe that, again as evidenced by yours and others posts here. You donít deescalate anything by assassinating a top government official and a very good friend of the leader of that country.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #8949
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Pompeo's explanations are brutally laughable if they weren't so stupid. He said this was to prevent impending attacks. Well those attacks are still ready to go and can be made because you didn't kill the people that are going to carry out the attack. He also said this a deescalation event. Only hardcore Trump administration supporters believe that, again as evidenced by yours and others posts here. You don't deescalate anything by assassinating a top government official and a very good friend of the leader of that country.
Please refer to the US dropping atomic bombs on Japan as an example of an act of force deescalating a situation. Sometimes you need to use force to show people they're better off giving up their ambitions of conquering others. 💡

01-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #8950
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please refer to the US dropping atomic bombs on Japan as an example of an act of force deescalating a situation. Sometimes you need to use force to show people they're better off giving up their ambitions of conquering others. ��
You are coming up with this? You are not even using it in the right context?

So maybe should nuke Tehran, that'll really show them.

Way to avoid the flip flopping foreign policy questions of your dear leader. If he stayed true to his campaign promise there would be no question of peace for the US as their would be no troops in Iraq or Syria etc etc to attack. Unless they went out of there way to attack the US on our mainland etc (highly doubtful then).

All sides always miscalculate. Iran miscalculated by escalating the situation by threatening and directly attacking our troops/civilians and bragging the US couldn't do anything about it.

Trump and his followers are currently miscalculating by thinking Iran won't respond to this.

This is how wars are started, with miscalculations.
Appreciate 3
quick6247.50
SoCalS2k386.50

01-03-2020, 01:35 PM   #8951
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep

bahahahahahaha!

Boohoohoo - bad orange man eats ice cream - sobbing - while he sets the world on fire - aaaahhhhhh
Attached Images

01-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #8952
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

What flavor? Iraqi Road? Impeaches & cream? Orange (man bad) whip? Caliphates & cream??

Last edited by other_evolved; 01-03-2020 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 11
minn196543.50
VMRWheels1782.50
SoCalS2k386.50
MKSixer19800.00
unluky411.50

01-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #8953
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
bahahahahahaha!

Boohoohoo - bad orange man eats ice cream - sobbing - while he sets the world on fire - aaaahhhhhh
Ahhh- I'm remembering the time when the haters got upset because President Trump had two scoops of ice cream while others in attendance only had one scoop. :

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/polit...eam/index.html
      01-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #8954
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep

2nd Battalion 7th Marines was my unit, I was in Fox Company.

Regardless of your politics, have to applaud these dedicated Marines!!
Attached Images