BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > President Trump. [ Hits and Misses Scorecard Thread ]

11-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #8493
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I can't believe I have to spell this out but that's akin to blaming the creator of asphalt for a drunk driving accident.
Of course you would be blind to interference that sways votes in the direction you want it to.
If there was that much interference, how did the GOP retain both houses?
      11-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #8494
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
And of course these are just the ones they caught.

I've exceeded the speed limit virtually every time I've operated a vehicle on public roads over 40 years of driving and close to a million miles. I've received 3 speeding tickets in that entire time. That's a really low rate of enforcement of a basic rule where a violation is really cheap and easy to detect.

It defies common sense to think that the "catch rate" of fraudulent voters is significantly higher than the rate of catching speeding drivers, given that the vote fraud enforcement effort is next-to-nothing and the perpetrators are usually only caught long after the results are tallied and it's too late to fix anything.

It's also profoundly naive to suggest that "it's not happening, because we're not catching anyone doing it."
Your argument would make sense if you drove a total of 20 feet every several years and there was a stop sign in the middle with a police officer sitting at the stop sign. That's how voting works. You do it once every few years and there is a staffer there to verify your ID.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #8495
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
I can't believe I have to spell this out but that's akin to blaming the creator of asphalt for a drunk driving accident.
So that akin to saying the voters are the drunk drivers base on your analogy. Since Russia is the producer, Social media is the bar or beer supplier. So the responsibility falls on the voter according to any comparable law.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #8496
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Your argument would make sense if you drove a total of 20 feet every several years and there was a stop sign in the middle with a police officer sitting at the stop sign. That's how voting works. You do it once every few years and there is a staffer there to verify your ID.
Lmfao the poll clerks are choose by the parties and both sides have a vested interest to allow people to vote hoping they are for their side. I literally got into a confrontation with the head of the local democratic party and the clerks that a voter he was non citizen to vote who proof of id was foreign identification. The Head if the democrat threaten me with violence and destruction of my property meanwhile the poll clerks look on blank face as they did not understand why this individual should not vote on the machine and are require to vote provisional or go to a judge to make sure he a legitment voter. Literally working at one urban center nearly 10% of the people who came into vote was questionable due to
A. Not being a citizen
B. Register multiple location
C. Voting for dead relative
D. Underage
E. Fraudulent Identity

Then we had other questionable activitiy such as homeless coming in due to democrat party promising to give themm booze and cigs.
Appreciate 2
arkie6357.00

11-13-2019, 11:36 AM   #8497
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
...You do it once every few years...
Yes, I only do it once every couple of years. Not everyone follows this protocol, however, and thus the problem.

In my home state, anyone can vote with a college ID and a cell phone bill. Both of those are laughably easy to fake.
      11-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #8498
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Yes, I only do it once every couple of years. Not everyone follows this protocol, however, and thus the problem.

In my home state, anyone can vote with a college ID and a cell phone bill. Both of those are laughably easy to fake.
Where are the whistleblowers who have participated in these sinister schemes? Where are the college kids who took part in the phone bill scam? Palm Beach County did a deep dig and found a laughably tiny number of potentially fraudulent votes in a state with a TERRIBLE reputation around anything involving ballots.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #8499
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Palm Beach County did a deep dig and found a laughably tiny number of potentially fraudulent votes in a state with a TERRIBLE reputation around anything involving ballots.
Looks to me like there was plenty of fuckery afoot:
https://publicinterestlegal.org/file...ch_County1.pdf

Regardless of the outcome of that particular circus, asking a bumbling government agency to investigate something - the existence of which would reveal their incompetence and/or corruption - is never going to uncover anything. You're asking Helen Keller to help you find your glasses.

And of course government agencies are far from immune from political influence. Case in point: the weaponization of the IRS under Obama, targeting conservative/Tea Party non-profits and PACs for undue auditing.

Last edited by pennsiveguy; 11-14-2019 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #8500
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Here is my experience for the last 20 years in just one precinct with regard to voting. I walk into the polling place. I walk up to the first person, state my name (spell it for them, since it has more than 6 letters, and is somewhat difficult to spell.) They find W, then proceed down and find my last name, then ask me again which of the 3 (now) I am by repeating my first name. They then ask me my address, which they seem to match on the line. They underline my name in pen, I initial next to it, then the second person hands me a ballot, and tells the first what number it is. I then take it to the wobbly-ass stand, hope it doesn't fall as I cast my vote. I return the ballot (assuming I didn't screw it up on the wobbly stand) and show the third person that it is a ballot which I then insert into a magic box that increments the count (22 on a REALLY good turnout day) then they give me a sticker and I go home.

What to take from that? My "identification" is stating my name/address. No other verification is needed for me to cast a vote.

At my previous 2 residences over the 30+ years I've voted followed the exact same procedure for verification.

Should I be worried more about Russian agents posting on FB, or "random" people walking into a polling place? Depends on your particular penchant for who is the real boogeyman.
Appreciate 2
arkie6357.00

11-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #8501
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Here is my experience for the last 20 years in just one precinct with regard to voting. I walk into the polling place. I walk up to the first person, state my name (spell it for them, since it has more than 6 letters, and is somewhat difficult to spell.) They find W, then proceed down and find my last name, then ask me again which of the 3 (now) I am by repeating my first name. They then ask me my address, which they seem to match on the line. They underline my name in pen, I initial next to it, then the second person hands me a ballot, and tells the first what number it is. I then take it to the wobbly-ass stand, hope it doesn't fall as I cast my vote. I return the ballot (assuming I didn't screw it up on the wobbly stand) and show the third person that it is a ballot which I then insert into a magic box that increments the count (22 on a REALLY good turnout day) then they give me a sticker and I go home.

What to take from that? My "identification" is stating my name/address. No other verification is needed for me to cast a vote.

At my previous 2 residences over the 30+ years I've voted followed the exact same procedure for verification.

Should I be worried more about Russian agents posting on FB, or "random" people walking into a polling place? Depends on your particular penchant for who is the real boogeyman.
What if you got to the polling place to check in, and they informed you that you had already voted? How could you prove that you hadn't? How would we determine who had voted using your name? Would they retrieve and destroy the fraudulent ballot? Could we be sure that the fraudulent votes wouldn't be counted? These questions should raise eyebrows everywhere.

11-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #8502
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

What if you got to the polling place to check in, and they informed you that you had already voted? How could you prove that you hadn't? How would we determine who had voted using your name? Would they retrieve and destroy the fraudulent ballot? Could we be sure that the fraudulent votes wouldn't be counted? These questions should raise eyebrows everywhere.
They cross check your name at the polling place.

Again, if the voting fraud is so widespread, how did the GOP win both houses of Congress? The fake voters voted for Hillary and Nunes?
      11-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #8503
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
How? Did I mention any phone calls, electronic verification devices? If I say my name and address right enough that they find me in a book, I get a ballot. Where did I miss the cross-checking???

USUALLY, I wait until AFTER I get me sticker to take a drink.
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2019, 02:25 PM   #8504
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Again, if the voting fraud is so widespread, how did the GOP win both houses of Congress? The fake voters voted for Hillary and Nunes?
In the account UncleWede gives, I could cast a vote in place of him merely by knowing his name and address and getting to the polling place before he did. There's no cross-checking going on, at his polling place or mine either.

Your second statement/question is a fallacious argument. The fact that "Candidate A" won doesn't eliminate the possibility of fraudulent votes having been cast for "Candidate B."
      11-13-2019, 02:46 PM   #8505
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

In the account UncleWede gives, I could cast a vote in place of him merely by knowing his name and address and getting to the polling place before he did. There's no cross-checking going on, at his polling place or mine either.

Your second statement/question is a fallacious argument. The fact that "Candidate A" won doesn't eliminate the possibility of fraudulent votes having been cast for "Candidate B."
It's a very consistent argument.

And in Texas, they cross check your name with the correct polling station.
      11-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #8506
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

If I know where someone lives, as in the scenario I describe, I know which polling station to go to by simply looking it up on a city or county government website. Childsplay.

Have you ever actually voted? You seem completely unfamiliar with it, as if we were talking about hiking trails on another planet.
      11-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #8507
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
How? Did I mention any phone calls, electronic verification devices? If I say my name and address right enough that they find me in a book, I get a ballot. Where did I miss the cross-checking???

USUALLY, I wait until AFTER I get me sticker to take a drink.
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about when I voted. In Texas.
      11-13-2019, 03:53 PM   #8508
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

If I know where someone lives, as in the scenario I describe, I know which polling station to go to by simply looking it up on a city or county government website. Childsplay.

Have you ever actually voted? You seem completely unfamiliar with it, as if we were talking about hiking trails on another planet.
Well that's not a particularly respectful come back to what I've been saying. Par for the course for supporters of Trump though. Slander often?
      11-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #8509
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
My wife is an Election Judge. She said she would call the County Courthouse. She said the second person would be given a "Provisional Ballot" These ballots are investigated later.

She said in her 20+ years as Judge it has not happened. We are in an area that is like 80% Republican and otherwise "normal" people vote there.

The Democrats are the reason ID's are not permitted to be required. I wonder why? Glad I was smart enough to switch to Republican about 20 years ago. My dad also switched at the age of about 60.

Last edited by adc100; 11-13-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #8510
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:

So, they have a list off all voters in the great state of Texas at every polling place? And then if I come into the wrong one, they check and send me to the correct one?

At my polling place, they ONLY have the list of who should be there voting. I can't walk into ANY polling place, I have to go to the one that is listed on my voter pamphlet that comes out before the election.

Now, were I to go into another polling place, and insist that this is the correct one, and I make some sort of claim that I moved, or re-registered (late) or some other excuse, they would provide me a provisional ballot, much like adc100 describes.

Now, here's the rub: Say my brother says he isn't going to bother to vote, because Cali, can't make a difference, he's in the hospital/the ground. I know enough info on him that I could walk into his polling place (we don't live close enough to have the SAME polling place) and be him. Hi, I'm <brother's name> and I live at <brother's address>. OK, here's your ballot.

I know at least one of my brothers doesn't update his registration, it all still comes to my parents' house. He's not going to drive down from the bay area for the day to vote.
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #8511
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
They have a list of everyone who is supposed to vote in that polling station. Not everybody in Texas silly.

If you go to the wrong place, they'll make you go to the right place.

11-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #8512
Dagamus_NM
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Huh, luckily I can vote wherever in my county in NM. I go to any polling location, give them my information and they print the ballot for my district. I fill it out and into the machine it goes.

How it should be really. I work long hours on base so if I vote on election day then I hit the polling location outside of the gate, if I vote early I go to the place by my house.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #8513
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
So that akin to saying the voters are the drunk drivers base on your analogy. Since Russia is the producer, Social media is the bar or beer supplier. So the responsibility falls on the voter according to any comparable law.
Your cause and effect comprehension is alarming.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #8514
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Hit- reports are saying another dem is jumping into the lefts scrum. Deval Patrick practically a no name lib friend of oboma. The field is so very weak they’re trying to get somebody, anybody that would stand a chance come next year. Total desperation on the left.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0