BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS carbon parts pricing

06-03-2020, 05:37 AM   #23
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Yes happens all the time, constant updates meaning superseded parts in stock may not be compatible with newer models etc.

I'd also strongly recommend to use ETK, the one online may not be the most updated but when you visit BMW parts, chances are they are using ETK so it minimizes your chances of being wrong.

The most common is when a customer has done all their research and is adamant they are correct, even tho ETK says the part # is wrong.

The only thing you can do then is put a note on the invoice - Customer provided P/N, refund and returns not applicable if part does not fit vehicle.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      06-25-2020, 12:50 AM   #24
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

jesus christ, more than 6k for an unpainted hood?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 08:13 AM   #25
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Just out curiosity, how much does a Competition hood cost?

This topic has come up in other threads because, if you order CF hood at time of build, you are not just paying $6,500 for CF hood. You paid for stock Competition hood; BMW does not credit you for cost of stock hood toward CF hood; BMW keeps stock hood and - as I have learned in another thread - throws it straight in dumpster . . . and to boot - as learned from Poochie - they DO charge you labor for swap-out at port.

So, if ordered at time of build, you are looking at cost of stock Competition hood + cost of CF hood + cost of labor to swap-out hoods at port. Suddenly, this $6,500 CF hood is costing $10K-plus!

On the other hand, if you purchase after taking delivery, it's cost of stock Competition hood in original build + $6,500 for CF hood + cost of prep/paint/install of CF hood . . . but, I guess, you retain the original hood for potential resale.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      06-25-2020, 08:44 AM   #26
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post

This topic has come up in other threads because, if you order CF hood at time of build, you are not just paying $6,500 for CF hood. You paid for stock Competition hood; BMW does not credit you for cost of stock hood toward CF hood; BMW keeps stock hood and - as I have learned in another thread - throws it straight in dumpster . . . and to boot - as learned from Poochie - they DO charge you labor for swap-out at port.

So, if ordered at time of build, you are looking at cost of stock Competition hood + cost of CF hood + cost of labor to swap-out hoods at port. Suddenly, this $6,500 CF hood is costing $10K-plus!

On the other hand, if you purchase after taking delivery, it's cost of stock Competition hood in original build + $6,500 for CF hood + cost of prep/paint/install of CF hood . . . but, I guess, you retain the original hood for potential resale.

///AVM
Around the same cost from getbmwparts!
Aus

I was inquiring about price of a stock Competition hood.

That looks like a CF hood? Certainly does not look like a stock OEM hood that comes on Competition?

Also, I'm not sure if that is OEM or aftermarket hood?

Am I mistaken?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #27
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

///AVM
As you are in America I've attached the two online prices I've managed to find from America dealers. Please note prices are vastly different across the globe, we'd probably get ass-raped in aussie land like the Europeans... wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 8-10,000 AUD for us.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 08:47 AM   #28
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Aus

I was inquiring about price of a stock Competition hood.

That looks like a CF hood? Certainly does not look like a stock OEM hood that comes on Competition?

Also, I'm not sure if that is OEM or aftermarket hood?

Am I mistaken?

///AVM
Ah the stock bonnet (hood) is fairly inexpensive, obviously without paint. See attached
All the hoods I've listed are OEM BMW..

- M2C M Performance Hood (Carbon) (with bulge)
- M2 CS Hood (Carbon) (with vent)
- M2C Stock Hood (standard)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      06-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #29
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

///AVM
As you are in America I've attached the two online prices I've managed to find from America dealers. Please note prices are vastly different across the globe, we'd probably get ass-raped in aussie land like the Europeans... wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 8-10,000 AUD for us.
Aus

Yes, you appear to be showing me the CS CF hood. . . I was inquiring about cost of a stock Competition hood?

It's not that important. I only inquired as to my point that you are not only paying at LOT for CF hood, but also probably paid a pretty penny for the stock Competition hood. Not QUITE as big of a deal when talking about CF side mirror cap replacement, but gets outrageous as you move up ladder toward hood replacement.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 06-25-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #30
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Aus

Yes, you appear to be showing me the CS CF hood. . . I was inquiring about cost of a stock Competition hood?

It's not that important. I only inquired as to my point that you are not only paying at LOT for CF hood, but also probably paid a pretty penny for the stock Competition hood. Not QUITE as big of a deal when talking about CF side mirror cap replacement, but gets outrageous as you move up ladder tower hood replacement.

///AVM
About 500 USD as above! unpainted of course.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      06-25-2020, 09:07 AM   #31
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you Aus.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:09 AM   #32
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you Aus.

///AVM
No probs! Assuming about 300-500 for paint the stock bonnet (hood), total value is still worth less than the M2C M Performance front lip
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      06-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #33
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Aus

It's not that important. I only inquired as to my point that you are not only paying at LOT for CF hood, but also probably paid a pretty penny for the stock Competition hood. Not QUITE as big of a deal when talking about CF side mirror cap replacement, but gets outrageous as you move up ladder tower hood replacement.

///AVM
That's a high disparagement in price; from $500 to $6,500... No wonder the CS is so freakin expensive..

I wonder how that factors in with auto insurance rates..
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      06-25-2020, 02:22 PM   #34
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Still waiting on part #s for center console delete...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 04:59 PM   #35
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:

///AVM
Just a quick note on your breakdown. If you were to buy the part at the time of build and have them install at port. The MSRP is the full cost you will pay including install.

For example, you know I plan to have CF mirrors installed at Port, this will cost $1,040 (including part and installation).

I took a picture of a monroney awhile back with accessories added, as you can see, the part price is what you see on the website with no other line item included for installation. Everything is bundled as one.
Attached Images

06-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #36
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:

///AVM
Just a quick note on your breakdown. If you were to buy the part at the time of build and have them install at port. The MSRP is the full cost you will pay including install.

For example, you know I plan to have CF mirrors installed at Port, this will cost $1,040 (including part and installation).

I took a picture of a monroney awhile back with accessories added, as you can see, the part price is what you see on the website with no other line item included for installation. Everything is bundled as one.
JC

Yes, that's what Poochie was saying before when I said there is no labor cost if you get it in original build. . . Poochie said it's bundled into cost (into final MRSP). Basically, it's not free labor at port, but Poochie did say it was about half the labor cost as aftermarket install by third party.

///AVM

P.S. what's a 'monroney?'
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      06-25-2020, 07:52 PM   #37
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That's a high disparagement in price; from $500 to $6,500... No wonder the CS is so freakin expensive..

I wonder how that factors in with auto insurance rates..
Yep I think the price of the CS isn't too out of line.

Considering if you had to do the carbon roof install, the cost of the labour + part would be significant enough to just buy the CS that came with on, especially with the roof now being a structural part of the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 07:58 PM   #38
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

///AVM

JC

Yes, that's what Poochie was saying before when I said there is no labor cost if you get it in original build. . . Poochie said it's bundled into cost (into final MRSP). Basically, it's not free labor at port, but Poochie did say it was about half the labor cost as aftermarket install by third party.

///AVM

A monroney is the dealer's window sticker
      06-25-2020, 08:00 PM   #39
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

///AVM

JC

///AVM

A monroney is the dealer's window sticker
JC

I honestly never heard that before. . . thank you for the edification.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      07-07-2020, 09:32 PM   #40
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Can anyone locate the part number for the CS Racing plastic front splitter?

It looks the same as the CS front splitter but made of plastic instead of carbon.

(clear view of the front splitter from 2:09)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 02:03 AM   #41
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
It looks the same as the CS front splitter but made of plastic instead of carbon.
Reason: add-on item that easily gets damaged.

That's also why Porsche has fit a plastic splitter on for example the 911 GT3 or Cayman GT4, instead of designing the front bumper as one part integrating the splitter design (no need to replace the whole front bumper, except if the splitter ripped apart the front bumper during a low collission). Not brittle, so less prone to cracking than a CF splitter. Just over $250 (see for example here or here for the 981 GT4 splitter - Porsche part # 981-505-525-80-1E0). See the discussion here, with some considering it as a consumable, replaced every 5K km. Too expensive to do that with the M2 CS CF splitter.
      07-08-2020, 02:11 AM   #42
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
///AVM
See these earlier posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Let's distinguish 'cost for BMW' and 'cost for the M2 CS customer'.

When ordering an M2 CS you got a choice about (Brembo) brakes:
  • tick the M-CCB box and it will set you back $8K/€8K for the gold colored M-CCB (option code 2NK);
  • don't tick the M-CCB box, you get the red M Sport Brakes (code 2NH) as standard feature and the price will not change.
So no "half cost" favor to choose the M-CCB instead of the M Sport Brakes. On the M2 CS you cannot spec the original blue "regular" M2/M2C brakes (that allow fitting 18" wheels).

You could also approach it the other way around: on the M2 CS you get the red 2NH M Sport Brakes as standard feature (cost option on the M2C in Europe: silver 2NH). But of course, it's already included in the M2 CS base price. Seen from that perspective M-CCB on the M2 CS are actually the price of the 2NH + $8K/€8K (M-CCB factory installed). If you want to retrofit 2NH at a later stage, it will cost you even more: M-CCB (factory installed) + 2NH + cost of labor for the 2NH retrofit.

So, yeah, as regards the M2 CS customer wallet, M-CCB is even more costly for the M2 CS customer than the $8K/€8k option price: BMW gets the 2NH money from that customer as part of the M2 CS base price without installing 2NH onto the M2 CS of that customer.
Quote:
Order M-CCB on an M2 CS: you pay for both the 2NH Sport Brake and the M-CCB and BMW thanks you for your never installed 2NH Sport Brake (discs + calipers) that they can install on another M2 CS (paid by another customer). Porsche perfected this money making business model almost as an art form.

Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur in Zuffenhausen (compare with BMW Individual) rips out the factory installed bits and replaces those with the individualized item. Look here from 05:21:

07-08-2020, 03:45 AM   #43
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Reason: add-on item that easily gets damaged.

That's also why Porsche has fit a plastic splitter on for example the 911 GT3 or Cayman GT4, instead of designing the front bumper as one part integrating the splitter design (no need to replace the whole front bumper, except if the splitter ripped apart the front bumper during a low collission). Not brittle, so less prone to cracking than a CF splitter. About $254 (see for example here or here for the 981 GT4 splitter - Porsche part # 981-505-525-80-1E0). See the discussion here, with some considering it as a consumable, replaced every 5K km. Too expensive to do that with the M2 CS CF splitter.
Yep that's why it always baffles me why anyone would choose a carbon fibre splitter on a street car unless it's mainly for freeway driving

BMW should have made the front plastic CS Racing splitter as a M performance item

I just need to know the correct part number so I can order one. I got someone to look it up but apparently in their system the M2 CS Racing front splitter part number is the same as the M performance carbon front splitter
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:06 PM   #44
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post

(clear view of the front splitter from 2:09)
It is available on the M Motorsport part list. Ask your dealer if they can do something for you on this matter.

MR
Appreciate 0