BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > AutoTalent | REMUS F87N M2 Competition Teaser! Pictures inside.

12-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Dan@AutoTalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

AutoTalent | REMUS F87N M2 Competition Teaser! Pictures inside.

REMUS just teased us with some information regarding their new systems for the M2 Competition, their F87N system. Take a look and let us know what you think!

Here's a video:

"In efficient mode at idle you would have to look at the tips to know it was an aftermarket exhaust. When driving at cruising speed and lower RPM ranges the REMUS Exhaust provides a full, deep and throaty sound. No additional cabin noise and zero drone at all. You do get the expected crackles and pops during deceleration.

Once you switch to Sport/Sport Plus mode, you are starting to enter BEAST MODE!!! The system comes to life and sounds like an entirely different car. A very smooth and refined sound note and as loud as you want to make it, really. Inside the car you hear all nuances of the sound while keeping the cabin noise at a minimum and still zero drone. That is the real beauty of the system - it is kind of Jekyll and Hyde and you can control that by the flick of the switch. This exhaust succeeded in providing an aggressive sound without ever being obnoxious or overpowering. Just a really true and clean sound that seems like it is made for this car."

Specifications:
  • RACING axle-back-system L/R: 088318 1500 (No EC type approval)+ tail pipe set! The original exhaust will need to be cut! No rear skirt modifications required!
  • The use of racing products and products which do not have EC approval is generally not permitted on public roads.
  • When installing REMUS axle-back and cat-back or catalyst delete tubes on vehicles which are used for closed road driving, it is advisable to tune the ECU for a maximum gain in performance and to ensure that the CEL does not
    come on.
  • Original tube Ø 65 mm - REMUS tube Ø 70 mm
  • The activation of the valves is carried out using the original actuators
    via the vehicle onboard electronics.

Last edited by Dan@AutoTalent; 12-18-2018 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

I've liked other vids of the Remus exhaust but this one is the worst; all I hear is burble junk. If you want an honest opinion this video does it no justice.
      12-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #3
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I’m a fan. Is that the race or sport version in the video?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
Dan@AutoTalent
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I've liked other vids of the Remus exhaust but this one is the worst; all I hear is burble junk. If you want an honest opinion this video does it no justice.
I'll post more once they release more updates on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I’m a fan. Is that the race or sport version in the video?
Edit: This is the RACE version in the video! Only the race version of this exhaust will be available in the U.S. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited by Dan@AutoTalent; 12-19-2018 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
pz6193274.00
      12-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #5
tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

I think most people are over the whole overrev burble/crackle. Give me a nice deep sounding exhaust that thins out at the top end with just a hint of crackle!
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2018, 11:07 PM   #6
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Yeah burble is too 2016. Haha

No seriously it's barf. Friends don't let friends burble pop.
Appreciate 2
      12-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #7
SumBloodyGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokki View Post
I think most people are over the whole overrev burble/crackle. Give me a nice deep sounding exhaust that thins out at the top end with just a hint of crackle!
The burbles and snaps and pops are mainly / only when the valves are open. When your flying around the mountains valves open the last thing you hear is the crackles. Around town keep em closed and no crackles!
      12-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #8
Dan@AutoTalent
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Yeah burble is too 2016. Haha

No seriously it's barf. Friends don't let friends burble pop.
Haha, that's rather subjective. A lot of people like them and also a lot of people don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBloodyGuy View Post
The burbles and snaps and pops are mainly / only when the valves are open. When your flying around the mountains valves open the last thing you hear is the crackles. Around town keep em closed and no crackles!
This is true and the beauty of a valved system
Appreciate 0